Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ICELAND on the way

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ICELAND on the way
    Posted: 16-Apr-2006 at 07:02

What is the world becoming to?

They let those horrible factory-ships deplete the fish population and they destroy the island's flora, which we all know is very limited. I say: "let those plants live" (and plant some more)

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2006 at 07:28

What is the world becoming to?

They let those horrible factory-ships deplete the fish population and they destroy the island's flora, which we all know is very limited. I say: "let those plants live" (and plant some more)

yeah , the ecological aspect of this operation can't be valued low. but in according with your important objections , please yiannis tell me , why didn't you stop the  georgian fleet , because it must have passed by greek terretory on it's way to the north atlantic? there is a military base on samos ,isn't it ?

Edited by ulrich von hutten

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2006 at 07:52

Alas dear Ulrich, it is evident that our mighty Samian Coast Guard must have mistaken these "Georgian" trawlers as originating from US Georgia, and everyone knows that we wouldn't do anything to upset our dear American friends.

Or my brother (George) must have let those -terrible- Georgian ships, pass as a sign of sympathy to his own first name

In  either case, my apologies...

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2006 at 08:00
Originally posted by Yiannis

Alas dear Ulrich, it is evident that our mighty Samian Coast Guard must have mistaken these "Georgian" trawlers as originating from US Georgia, and everyone knows that we wouldn't do anything to upset our dear American friends.

Or my brother (George) must have let those -terrible- Georgian ships, pass as a sign of sympathy to his own first name

In  either case, my apologies...

your apologize is accepted. first i decided to boycot samian products like your sweet liqueur or don't go to the "silent and green " butterfly valley together with hundreds of german tourists with their motobikes, but now i will vist samos once again like i did it several times.

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2006 at 08:05

Hmmm, sweet wine is Samos indeed, but the "valley of the butterflies" is in Rhodes island.

For more info visit: www.samosin.gr

Edited by Yiannis

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2006 at 08:12

Yiannis-

Nice Sig.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2006 at 08:15
Originally posted by Yiannis

Hmmm, sweet wine is Samos indeed, but the "valley of the butterflies" is in Rhodes island.

For more info visit: www.samosin.gr

stop,stop this topic is namend ICELAND on it's way and not SAMOS on it's way.

if you don't stop your illegal advertising i will tell everybody that the lovely island of patmos is more worth seeing.or paros, or karpathos or or.....oh ,forget kalymnos...

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2006 at 08:26

Ulrich-

I was wondering if you had found a better view of Iceland.  I downloaded the free version of google earth yesterday  and can get nice views, clear but not too close.

I have spent the last 20 minutes trying to get an image to post here, snot gonna happen. 

there are some unusual features near hraunsvik that I thought you would want to see.      

Edited by red clay
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2006 at 17:39
Go Malden

Now how about finishing up that Njorls Saga.

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2006 at 15:47
tomorrow we are celebrating the 62nd anniversary of the independence of iceland. at june 17th 1944 iceland proclaimed  its independance  at thingvellir (place of the ancient parliament ) and we  will never lose it again!!!!
another important day for an excessive booze-up , oh my god ,i hope i will survive it this year....may be you will not hear anything of me for the next two days ,so don't be worried.....Wink

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 00:40
What about screen-capture?
Or did you mean you couldn't find a good one?
Arrrgh!!"
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 16:19
Iceland celebrates national holiday and qualifies for World Cup in handball

Iceland celebrated its national holiday on Saturday, June 17, with the customary speeches and ceremonies.

The Icelandic national squad in handball made the day especially memorable. In spite of losing 25:26 in a tightly contested game against Sweden in Reykjavk, the team qualified for the World Cup by an overall score of 57-54 having won the away game 32-28.

The Swedish team, however, will stay at home for the first time in history of the handball World Cup.

The World Cup is held in Germany from 01.19.07 - 02.04.07 in Germany....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123