Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beauty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beauty
    Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 11:48
truth is beauty
Amedeo View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Amedeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:33
[

Edited by Amedeo
--Amedeo the Magna-Graecian
** Veritas, Justitia, Pulchritudo, Amoenitas **
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 16:16

Truth in the sense of being genuine. Beauty is natures way of letting us know when something is genuine.

Take the picture that Jhangora posted of the Taj Mahal as an example. I doubt it would evoke the emotion it does now if it was built as a monument to the Moguls power and wealth. It was built as a monument to a mans genuine love for a woman and we percieve it as beautiful.

Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 16:25
Most of my posts are constructed in haste and are a blur for most. I am very aware of that and i don't expect to get to the root of the problem in the near future, but i'll give here, the point i tried to give in my first post.

I believe that physical beauty is mainly, mostly (in a 99% range)  not in the eyes of the beholder. There are limits for beauty - weight, disformity, height.  There hardly exists a person who finds one-legged men or women beautiful, or an obese person as an example of beauty. People who say that they believe that everyone is beautiful will most certainly back off from their statement when you point a finger at an obese person and ask if he/she is beuatiful. It is a pink lie that makes me sick sometimes as it is said over and over again these days where everyone is "equal". Well they are not - there are beautiful people, ugly people and all other categories that fit between those two and that is a flat out truth.

Then there is the beauty where the eye of the beholder works in reality. Like philosophy, art and everything intellectual and esthetical that fits under that dome. But there are exceptions when regarding physical beauty - a minor percentage will find obese people attractive when they have a certain fetish, or are, let's say, are "kinky", but even that can be argued if it is beautiful. Mostly just physical attraction, something deeply sexual. But this intellectual beauty is much more varied and the effect of the eye of the beholder can be widely proven. In this category, people see and don't see beauty in some objects or essences and ii is much more varied then physical beauty where beauty can be acctually measured in physical measurments like your height or nose size. But almost all will argue if Tolstoi is a piece of world literature or maybe just a piece of crap. Everybody sees beauty differently in this category, the spiritual-intellectual-esthetical category, but not in the physical category of beauty where it is set by physical measurments, not the eye of the beholder.

Bollocks, this post isn't any clearer then the previous i suppose, oh well.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Amedeo View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Amedeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 16:33
[

Edited by Amedeo
--Amedeo the Magna-Graecian
** Veritas, Justitia, Pulchritudo, Amoenitas **
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 21:52

I am willing to take risks claming that there will be someone who will always blurt out "beauty depends on the individual!"  I honestly think that there is in fact a universal law that determines beauty, despite deviations from an ideal physical lookings. 

We can all be nice, courteous, mannered, sincere, and loving to others.  That's the type of beauty that everone can reconcile with. 

Yes, you might say that a ripe breasted godess with big ass might seem attractive, but consider the chronology of events that will follow based upon that particular assumption.  You are infatuated with the physical aspect of hers.  You have sex with her.  For around 6 months.  By that time, you'd definately become tired of her and move on.  On the other hand, if you meet someone who understands you and fulfils the equation of love and all that, you'd last longer- perhaps for a lifetime. 

Those were my thoughts. 

Beauty emerges when a tall sexy, sassy black woman with spunk and a large afro breaks the silence of existence by startin gup the funk music.

Negative- your description fits a physically fit Black nympho.

truth is beauty

So Oedipus Rex killing his own father and marrying his own mother is "beauty"?

Grrr..
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 23:48
Originally posted by DukeC

truth is beauty

Sometimes truth is ugly.
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 15:33
Physical beauty: Something that fits between very certain bodily measurements of the body. Proportion is also important. 
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12