Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Constitutional Revolution of Iran (1906 - 1911)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Constitutional Revolution of Iran (1906 - 1911)
    Posted: 02-Jan-2006 at 05:34

All these are taken from www.iranchambers.com, if you have any other pictures from other sources please feel free to post them.

To know more about the revolution visit this:

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/constitutional_revolution /constitutional_revolution.php

members of the first Majles (Parliament), October 7, 1906 - June 23, 1908:

Mozzafar o-Din Shah Qajar:

Seyyed Jamal o-Din's disciples, secrelty put to death in Tabriz on July 17, 1896:

Mirza Reza Kermani assassinated Naser o-Din Shah on May 1, 1896:

Abbas Agha Tabrizi,  shot Amin o-Soltan than himself on August 31, 1907:

Mirza Ali Asghar Khan Amin o-Soltan, Atabak Azam, shot by Abbas Agha on Aug. 31, 1907:

Bakhtiaris (for Bakhtiari tribe see THIS) in the Meidan-e Shah at Esfahan, May- June 1909:

Bakhtiaris in camp outside Esfahan, May - June 1909:

Samsamos Saltaneh Bakhtiari, One of the liberators of Esfahan January 1909:

Zarghamos Saltaneh Bakhtiari, One of the liberators of Esfahan January 1909:

Bakhtiaris in the Meidan-e Shah (Shah Squar), Esfahan May-June 1909:

Darvishes in camp outside Esfahan, May-June 1909:

Bakhtiaris in camp outside Esfahan, May- June 1909:

Mojahedin, or National volunteers, of Rasht:

A Nationalist Council at Rasht:

Abul Qasem Khan (Naser ol-Molk):

Seyyed Abdullah Behbahani:

Prince Malkom Khan:

Seyyed Mohammad Tabatabai:

Mohammad Ali Shah:

Saad od-Dowleh:

Agha Seyyed Jamal o-Din Esfahani:

Mohammad Wali Khan (Sepahdar Azam):

Haji Ali Qoli Khan (Sardar Asad) Bakhtiari:

Russian Colonel V. Liakhoff:

Mirza Jahangir Khan Shirazi, Editor of Sour-e Esrafil, victim of the coup of June 23, 1908:

Haji Mirza Ebrahim Agha, Deputy for Tabriz, Victim of the coup of June 23, 1908:

Constitutionalists in chains at Bagh-e Shah after the coup of June 23, 1908:

Malek ol-Motekallemin, victim of the coup of June 23, 1908:

Seyyed Hasan Taqi Zadeh, one of the deputies for Tabriz:

The Baharestan (House of Majles) after bombardment of June 23, 1908:

Rahim Khan Qajar-e Daghi, one of the besiegers of Tabriz with Russian Officers:

Hosein Pasha Khan (Amir Bahador Jang), one of chief loyalist:

Constitutionalists in refuge at Ottoman Embassy in Tehran, January 1909:

The Mojahedin of Shotorban quarter of Tabriz:

Sattar Khan (General of People or Sardar-e Melli), defender of Tabriz:

In case you're wondering, in Iran men sit like this sometimes and it is not considered to be 'gay'. Difference in culture.

Bagher Khan (Commander of People or Salar-e Melli), Defender of Tabriz:

Bagher Khan (second sitting from left) & Sattar Khan (third sitting from left) & Revolutionaries:

Soltan Ahmad Shah succeeded to the throne of Iran (Persia), July 18, 1909:

Asad ol-Molk, the Regent:

Sheikh Fazlollah Nouri, hanged July 31, 1909:

Mirza Ghafar Qazvini, one of the national volunteers (Mojahedin):

Yeprem Khan-e Armani (The Armenian), one of the leaders of Rasht Army:

more pix:

Edited by Alborz
"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2006 at 14:39
Wow! Great thread! So much info and faces!
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2006 at 20:20

Thank you

I was hoping other members would contribute to this. Any body has any pictures of the Revolution other than these? Please feel free to post.

Edited by Alborz
"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 00:18

Nice pictures

After the establishment of the Turkish constitution in 1908, Dashnak Armenians went to Persia in order to help the consitutionalists there. One of them was Yeprem Khan:

Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 21:41

You know Yeprem Khan was some character. He is so mystery to me. Before I always thought that Yeprem Khan was an Iranian. But it seems he was from outside of the nation. What was his motives in helping Iranians against Russians?

and also, can anyone post pix of the battles that occured during the revolution, or post anypicture that is not here. please.

Edited by Alborz
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 16:58
Originally posted by Zagros

So then your propaganda is pure lies, they have been such an important part of Iranian history so they do NOT want to leave us and if they wanted to, they would easily do it.

It just proves that they see themselves as Iranian and an are an integral part of Iranian society and history so they will remain with the rest of us.  and I am getting sick of telling you... Qajars were not Azari, they were originally Turkmen from East of Iran.

By the way, you pronounce Pahlavi like a Russian, they have problem saying the H so they pronounce it like X/KH.  My dad told me about one time when Russian military wrestlers came to Iran for a tournament and they had to praise the Shah and they said it llike Shax/Shakh (which means horn)

I think rep of azerbaijan should come home and be happy with their brothers (us ) in a big strong nation. Just joking!!!

And Pakhlavi sounds like Pakhlava
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 01:46
Originally posted by Qajar

azeries made iranian history for at aleast last 800 years and continue making it currently.

))))))))))))))))))

and we thank them. I'll remind myself to give my AZARI girlfriend a big kiss tonight.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
armenica View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote armenica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 04:42
Originally posted by Alborz

You know Yeprem Khan was some character. He is so mystery to me. Before I always thought that Yeprem Khan was an Iranian. But it seems he was from outside of the nation. What was his motives in helping Iranians against Russians?

and also, can anyone post pix of the battles that occured during the revolution, or post anypicture that is not here. please.

Some excerpt from our site:

"After the death of Mozzafaredin Shah in 1907, his successor, Mohammad Ali Shah, with support from Russia, attempted to reinstate the earlier dictatorial regime. This battle gave him control over Tehran and the centre of the country, but the freedom fighters continued the war in other places in the country and finally restored the monarchy. The Armenian nationalists were instrumental in this victory. The brave Armenian soldier Yeprem, the future Yeprem Khan,led the monarchic forces to retake Tehran and repel all attacks from the enemy. The Armenian revolutionary movement sent some of its leaders, such as Keri and Khetcho, and a group of Armenian soldiers to the monarchists. This unit were at the forefront of the monarchist army and sacrificed themselves without hesitation. /59/ Yeprem received the title of commander from the new regime and swore to its defence. He was finally killed during the defence of Persia against forces which had been incited by foreign imperialists against the monarchists."

/59/ About Yeprem and the Armenian volunteers' part in this struggle refer to the American author W. Morgan Schuster, The Strangling of Persia, London, 1912

http://www.armenica.org/cgi-bin/history/en/getHistory.cgi?7= =276

"It was at the beginning of the 18th century that Armenian influence in Persia was at its strongest. This was true both under the rule of the Afghans and even more so during the reign of Nader Shah Afshar, when the Turks and the Afghans were driven out of Persia, and the Persian realm experienced its final era of glory, stretching from Tbilisi to Delhi. It was during this dominion that the Armenians enjoyed the complete protection of the ruling power. Indeed, it was an Armenian priest who, at the coronation of this Persian king in 1736 by the council of elders, fastened the sword around the new regents waist. /36/ This was probably precipitated due to the fact that the council of elders consisted of Sunnites, while the people were Shiites. The advantageous position of the Armenians at this time stemmed from their mediating position between the two Muslim factions."

/36/ A. Rambaud, tudes sur l'Histoire byzantine, Paris, 1919, vol. VII, p. 113

http://www.armenica.org/cgi-bin/history/en/getHistory.cgi?7= =180

Edited by armenica
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 11:47
Originally posted by armenica

Originally posted by Alborz

Some excerpt from our site:

"After the death of Mozzafaredin Shah in 1907, his successor, Mohammad Ali Shah, with support from Russia, attempted to reinstate the earlier dictatorial regime. This battle gave him control over Tehran and the centre of the country, but the freedom fighters continued the war in other places in the country and finally restored the monarchy. The Armenian nationalists were instrumental in this victory. The brave Armenian soldier Yeprem, the future Yeprem Khan,led the monarchic forces to retake Tehran and repel all attacks from the enemy. The Armenian revolutionary movement sent some of its leaders, such as Keri and Khetcho, and a group of Armenian soldiers to the monarchists. This unit were at the forefront of the monarchist army and sacrificed themselves without hesitation. /59/ Yeprem received the title of commander from the new regime and swore to its defence. He was finally killed during the defence of Persia against forces which had been incited by foreign imperialists against the monarchists."

/59/ About Yeprem and the Armenian volunteers' part in this struggle refer to the American author W. Morgan Schuster, The Strangling of Persia, London, 1912

http://www.armenica.org/cgi-bin/history/en/getHistory.cgi?7= =276

"It was at the beginning of the 18th century that Armenian influence in Persia was at its strongest. This was true both under the rule of the Afghans and even more so during the reign of Nader Shah Afshar, when the Turks and the Afghans were driven out of Persia, and the Persian realm experienced its final era of glory, stretching from Tbilisi to Delhi. It was during this dominion that the Armenians enjoyed the complete protection of the ruling power. Indeed, it was an Armenian priest who, at the coronation of this Persian king in 1736 by the council of elders, fastened the sword around the new regents waist. /36/ This was probably precipitated due to the fact that the council of elders consisted of Sunnites, while the people were Shiites. The advantageous position of the Armenians at this time stemmed from their mediating position between the two Muslim factions."

/36/ A. Rambaud, tudes sur l'Histoire byzantine, Paris, 1919, vol. VII, p. 113

http://www.armenica.org/cgi-bin/history/en/getHistory.cgi?7= =180

Very intersting  I did not know of Armenian involvement in the constitutional revolution, but it is no surprise as Armenians have always punched above their weight in Iran.

armenica View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote armenica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 12:00

Originally posted by Zagros

[QUOTE=armenica][QUOTE=Alborz] Very intersting  I did not know of Armenian involvement in the constitutional revolution, but it is no surprise as Armenians have always punched above their weight in Iran.

Glad that you found it useful!

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 17:15
IRIB2 had a documentary about photographs and film from the Qajar period. it was very interesting!
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 06:40

This is a pre warning to everyone engaging in hostile discourse:  I will NOT allow you to take this thread through the mud. 

This topic is for the discussion of the Iranian constitutional revolution and nothing else!  Any further transgressions will result in appropriate punishments.

IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 17:23

agreed!

anyway, i'll search for more info on the revolution.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 16:10

Dear those are really some great pictures and very good finds but I have one point which I would like to clearify it to you, that is:

You named one of the pictures (which certainly doesn't look like Sayed Jamal-d-deen Afghani) Agha Seyyed Jamal o-Din Esfahani. 
If you are refering to Sayed Jamal-ud-Deen the philosopher, politician and who promoted the concept of unity of all Muslims against British rule, I would like to remind you that he is not ( Esfahani ) but ( Afghani ), the complete name is ( Sayed Jamal-ud-Deen Afghani ), on ther other hand if I have got it wrong and he is someone else, then I am extreamly sorry about this.
And I am sure that we are not going to have another contorversy over much talked about topic again.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 16:18
I think you are talking of two different people.
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 13:58
Dear Zagros,
If I am then as I have already mentioned, I am extreamly sorry for that reply, but still I would like to be clearified about it by Alborz, I mean I want to know whom did he ment by this.

Post Reply Post Reply