Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alija Izetbegovic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alija Izetbegovic
    Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 12:10
Alija is nothing but a war criminal just like Milosevic and Tudjman.

Edited by Jay.
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Cunctator View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Cunctator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 17:12

No Jay, it isn't anywhere near as simple as that. Black and white distinctions just don't apply there. The nature of the conflict in the former Yugoslavia, and the tensions and feelings the fighting reflected and gave rise to, complicates such assertions. Each of the three main leaders -- Tudjman, Milosevic and Izetbegovic -- all appealed to nationalists. (Milosevic was probably the least so committed to nationalist ideals, and far more an opportunist who manipulated such feelings.) Therefore, each was seen at the time, and for many long after, as a hero in his own land. Again, Milosevic, having lost all his wars is the least regarded as a hero.

I am sure Mila will disagree with what I have written, but so be it. Still, I will read whatever she writes (and will think about it) because it is always very interesting.

Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 16:14
Originally posted by DayI

Alija Izzetbegovic, great man may he R I P.

Great man? He killed many people just like Milosevic and Tujman.
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 16:18
Originally posted by Cunctator

No Jay, it isn't anywhere near as simple as that. Black and white distinctions just don't apply there. The nature of the conflict in the former Yugoslavia, and the tensions and feelings the fighting reflected and gave rise to, complicates such assertions. Each of the three main leaders -- Tudjman, Milosevic and Izetbegovic -- all appealed to nationalists. (Milosevic was probably the least so committed to nationalist ideals, and far more an opportunist who manipulated such feelings.) Therefore, each was seen at the time, and for many long after, as a hero in his own land. Again, Milosevic, having lost all his wars is the least regarded as a hero.

I am sure Mila will disagree with what I have written, but so be it. Still, I will read whatever she writes (and will think about it) because it is always very interesting.

I don't really agree. You said that each leader was seen at the time, and for many long years, a hero in his own land. Milosevic was still hated by many Serbs. Alija was still no liked but some Muslims. But, the thing that PISSES me off the most is when the media just concetrates on Milosevic and inflates numbers of deaths in the war. No one even knows Alija or Tujdman or what they did during that war.
Cunctator View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Cunctator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2006 at 00:38

Jay,

I agree about the need for balance in the study of what happened in BiH. I cannot recall who said it, but there is a saying that "truth is the first casualty in war." In the Balkan wars on the 1990s, that is absolutely the case. It would seem that all sides lied and misled a great deal. To me, the worst example is the coverage of events leading up to the Kosovo war and what has happened since then.

I also agree that lots of people disliked/hated/despised Milosevic and Izetbegovic. But many, perhaps the overwhelming majority in each community, did not. If I were "dictator of the world", I would never have created the Hague Tribunal and would never have tried anyone for war crimes. I would leave judgements to the governments of the former combatants (who could, if they wanted, have their own trials) and history professors.

amar94 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote amar94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2017 at 14:31
do anybody know some closer information about this pic from alija izetbegovic? (which city?, when?,....) thanks in advance

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2017 at 04:18
It is tipical "road of stateman" on Balkan.It always has started with prizonBig smileActours of movie "Fail of Yugoslavia" are all dead now!Conspiracy!?!

Edited by medenaywe - 23-Aug-2017 at 02:47
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2017 at 04:26
Bosanski Shamac,birth place.
amar94 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote amar94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2017 at 07:12
are you sure? because the car number plate is an american, and the house behind him has an average american style, such house designs doesnt exist in bosnia and hercegovina. i think that this pic was taken in america but the question: where exactly? when? has he lived in america?.....
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2017 at 10:47
The Lic. plate may be from here in NJ. That's an older model Ford. The house is a typical condo type.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2017 at 14:24
Sorry I did not understand you are looking for the name of place on photo.Check where his resident place was by plates on car.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123