Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best leader of a Muslim country at present?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Poll Question: Who do you think is the best leader of a Muslim country at present?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [1.82%]
16 [29.09%]
7 [12.73%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [5.45%]
1 [1.82%]
22 [40.00%]
1 [1.82%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [7.27%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best leader of a Muslim country at present?
    Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:14

Gharanai

He did not do it, Infact he was trying to change it. His own daugher and wife also use scarfs.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2006 at 12:50

In Malaysia.. current Prime Minister, Dato's Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi..

He had introduced.. Islam Hadhari concept for the muslims in Malaysia.. In order to come up with new approach for the muslims to applied Islam way of life and knowledge of science and more rational thinking..

would like to quote from wiki:-

The term "Islam Hadhari" or progressive Islam has been introduced by the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to emphasize the central role of knowledge in Islam. Hard work, honesty, good administration and efficiency are equally valued. It also appeals to Muslims to be "inclusive", tolerant and outward-looking. [1]

Islam Hadhari aims to achieve ten main principles:

1. Faith and piety in Allah
  2. A just and trustworthy government
  3. A free and independent People
  4. Mastery of knowledge
  5. Balanced and comprehensive economic development
  6. A good quality of life
  7. Protection of the rights of minority groups and women
  8. Cultural and moral integrity
  9. Safeguarding the environment
  10. Strong defenses

Abdullah Mohd Zain, a minister in the prime minister's department says "It emphasizes wisdom, practicality and harmony,". He added that "It encourages moderation or a balanced approach to life. Yet it does not stray from the fundamentals of the Koran and the example and sayings of the Prophet."

u may refer to to this link for more info: http://www.islam.gov.my/islamhadhari/concept.html

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2006 at 23:39
That sounds great
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2006 at 15:49
In theoretically looks... ok.. but i dont know how he gonna make this thing to be realistic...
Qajar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Qajar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2006 at 23:00

Hi all!

I strongly believe that Turkey should follow kemalizm. Mustafa Kemal build this country, he made something different to the rest of the muslim world. Ataturk provided Turkey with it's own, independent and specific direction. He changed ideology of osmanism and islamizm into turkism. Turkism is the only one way, how Turkey can develop even more and survive in our controversial world.

We all should respect our identity and our religion believes, but for me , the national interests of my country is the number 1 priority. I will fight for my country and identity,but I will never fight for any religion. It is different thing. And huge thanks and respect to Mustafa Kemal Ataturk who build such patriotic believies, and not only in Turkey but also in my country in Azerbaijan Republic.

Shah Ismail I Sefevid - the founder of the greatest azeri-turk ruler dinasti of Iran.

Agha Mohammad Khan Qajar - the founder of the greatest azeri-turk ruler dinasty in Iran.
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 04:42

Firstly i would like to welcome Qajar to AE, Merhaba Kardes!

I disagree with you comments.

Kemalism is not Turkism (if that term even exists). Kemalism is to an ideology which happens to be dominant at the present Turkish Republic. One is not a Turk simply by their personal ideology.

"Turkey with it's own, independent and specific direction"

Westernisation (Baticilik) is not Turkish.

"Turkism is the only one way"

Firstly what is Turkism, by this term do you mean 'Milliyetcilik" - Nationalism. If so why do say this.

"I will fight for my country and identity,but I will never fight for any religion. It is different thing."

Agreed they are diffrent, on the other extreme there are those that will fight for religion and not for their nation, however on the whole i believe the majority of people will fight for both. Just look at recent events.

"respect to Mustafa Kemal Ataturk who build such patriotic believies, and not only in Turkey but also in my country in Azerbaijan Republic."

Dont forget TRNC

Qajar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Qajar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 10:16

Merhaba Gardesh!

"Dont forget TRNC"

of course Osmanli, how could I forgot our brothers in cypris. there are three turk countries in the world which were build based on ideology of Ataturk - Turkey,Azerbaijan and Cypris Turk Republic. Unfortunately turkic central asian republics has nothing to do with it, they are too much under russian influence.

When I say turk, I mean millions of anatolian and azeri turks who has different etnic roots. They can have turcic root, musavi roots,armenian,albanian,yunan and others. But Mustafa Kemal put citizenship in the first place and this brought turkey and turkish sociaty in a totally different place in the whole muslim world.

About Islam in turkish world.

Islam is our faith. We are believe and respect our faith. Some people follow religion rules, some not. And this is the main achivement of the modern Turkey and Azerbaijan and Cypris. We can't forse people to be more or less religion in their personnel life. But there is a huge difference when we speak about government and consitutation, because all three mentioned countries are secular states, which means that everyone in state organisations, schools, universities are equal and there is no dominations of one religion on others. This is right and I respect this.

If someone want to follow religion rules in his/her personnel life, thats fine, but this should be stopped when he or she interface with other people such as students, children soldiers and others. This is a basic funadament of secular state.

Do I against if for example Erdogan go to mosque for pray????...Of course not. It's his choise and it is his personnel life, and more over I will respect everyone who do such things. But if Erdogan as a PM of the Turkey starts to influence basic constituational rights or spread his religion believes on TV or in other meetins, I 100% against it. Simple, because he breaks fundament of turkish state.

Army. Every single turk in the world should respect turkish army which was build by Ataturk, and everyone should remember that the present existance of Turkey, Azerbaijan and Cypris is made by turkish army. I will never forget 18,000 turk soldiers who died in 1918-19 in Azerbaijan, when they came to help azeri-turks with their fight for independance. It was a most difficult time for Turkey itself, but they send Nuru_pasha and his army to fight against russian bolhseviks and armenian dashnaks who wanted to destroyed and masacre azeri people. Neither me or any other azeri will ever forget this.

Turkish army is a garant of secular state and it's a most important heritage of turkish nation.

Turkey and muslim world.

Of course by the origin Turkey is acountry with predomenatly muslim population. This is great. Muslim religion is a great religion until it's not became a dangerous toy in a dirty hands. It's the same story with other religions as well. There is no bad or good religion, there is no bad or good nations, there is bad or good people.

Turkey has it's rich history and widely respected history. The Ottoman empire was one of the greatest empire in the world, but at the end it's became dependent on european nations and became to be a toy in british hands. It is history and true, what's why Ataturk was a person in right time, right place and with right ideas.

And one more thing, we can never compare turks with the rest of muslim nations. You know why???....Because turks is only one major muslim nation which was never be a colony of Europe. turks were never be colonised by europeans. They build their own empire and they colonised europeans as well. This is what most of conservative europeans will never forget. Same about arabs, who were under turkish rule more than 500 years.

I am proud to be turk.

cheers.

Shah Ismail I Sefevid - the founder of the greatest azeri-turk ruler dinasti of Iran.

Agha Mohammad Khan Qajar - the founder of the greatest azeri-turk ruler dinasty in Iran.
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 10:43

I agree with some of the points however i would like to raise some of the points again trying to show a diffrent light.

"But Mustafa Kemal put citizenship in the first place and this brought turkey and turkish sociaty in a totally different place in the whole muslim world. "

This was good for a new country that aims at developing a nation state, however problems that occur due to this is a breaking of relations with our brothers the Kurds. During the Ottoman era (before the arrival of nationalism) Kurds and Turks did not have such conflicts. The Kurds infact helped in our military expeditions.

"If someone want to follow religion rules in his/her personnel life, thats fine, but this should be stopped when he or she interface with other people such as students, children soldiers and others. This is a basic funadament of secular state. "

This very issue is stopping many ladies from having an education or working in public offices simply for wearing the hijab. This attire does not effect anybody else and is a personal act. Many secular countries allow freedom of expresion through religius attire to many religious groups.

"And one more thing, we can never compare turks with the rest of muslim nations. You know why???....Because turks is only one major muslim nation which was never be a colony of Europe. "

True, however we must never forget the actions of other great ethnicities that helped the Ottoman empire such a Barbaros, Lala Mustafa Pasa etc

Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 06:10
If i'm not mistaken, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Ath-Thani of Qatar is doing a pretty good job, considering that he inherited a previously underdeveloped tribal state.

What do you all think of him?
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 06:19
He's super fat.
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 07:03
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 14:48

Originally posted by Mira

He's super fat.

define super.. lol any picture?

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 14:54

Double chin, double belly, double everything!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 14:56
oh... that super.... lol
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 17:48

My vote goes ,typically, to Mahathir Mohamad.

Best proof of his work is Malaysia today.

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 13:00

Picture of Dr. M.. I think Mira would love to see this.. lol

It took me some times to find a pic of him wearing Baju Melayu... look smart..

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 13:57
Originally posted by cahaya

Picture of Dr. M.. I think Mira would love to see this.. lol

It took me some times to find a pic of him wearing Baju Melayu... look smart..

Don't you just know what I love! 
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 08:15

Upon doing research for uni, i came across the following:

Turkey Country Profile
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Since emerging as a modern secular state under the leadership of the charismatic nationalist Kemal Ataturk in the 1920s, Turkey has struggled to find its feet in the Western political and economic system. While the economy atrophied under decades of inwards-oriented state intervention, the political system was characterized by instability and corruption. However, the present government of the Justice and Development Party (AKP) has made solid progress on economic and constitutional reform since sweeping to power in the November 2002 elections. The pro-Islamic AKP has attempted to project a more moderate face in recent years  under the leadership of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Many secular-minded Turks, including the powerful military elite, remain deeply skeptical of the party's motives. Nevertheless, both the party and Erdogan himself remain overwhelmingly popular amongst Turkey's forgotten poor, who have borne the brunt of the recent recession and the painful economic reform process.

Source: 2005 Datamonitor

Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 18:47
Originally posted by OSMANLI

Who is your fave.

Mine is Erdogan. He has certanly brought around a lot of improvement in Turkey.

Above: Erdogan is not willing to accept any other rulings from the EU

Ayatollah Khamaenei Iran Leader
Anfører
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 19:03

Originally posted by sirius99

Ayatollah Khamaenei Iran Leader

i agree, why isnt khamenei on the list!

greatest leader ever! hes the best at what he does:

killing, lying, stealing, and at the end of the day, he calls himself a religious man.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>