Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AEDip04: Versailles Diplomacy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Kilikya View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kilikya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AEDip04: Versailles Diplomacy
    Posted: 29-Dec-2005 at 05:18

I don't think I want to join this waiting list Maju, but thanks for the offer.  I already bit off more than I can chew with the first game. 

Maybe the next one though.....

Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2005 at 04:34
Originally posted by Maju

Also as I said before if I invest in Rumania in 1928, what kind of effect will it have in 1936? Obviously it is not the same that investing in 1935. At most the value of the old investments would be depreciated by half each year, which is even more work for the GM, because it involves complex maths (fractions! ) and serious accountance.

Not necessarily, because at the beginning of the game the ip's are distributed evenly so three ip points is almost the most anyone can vote with. But after the game progresses and we start having super powers in play they will have the ablity to vote with six or seven ip's per turn. This makes the initial three point investments seem small in comparison, and this alone has an inflationary effect. For a small power to have control over a minor he would need to invest fully over time.

We could also make all territories to have ip points. Even the ones that have no supply centers. This would give the game an even bigger inflationary effect.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2005 at 11:38
I think that we'll keep it this way by the moment. 

I also think that the IP investment in the initial turns, when powers are smaller, are more important because they can have the inmediate effect of adding one or more troops to your army, giving you some help in expanding faster or blocking others' expansion. Also being so many minors around, it's more likely that each one gets one minor (this is merely an statistical estimate).

As the game evolves, most probably there will be significatively less minors left, so it's logical that they allign with one of the greatest powers, unless diplomacy makes up for something diferent.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2005 at 12:20
Please wait until January the 2. for the checking.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2005 at 15:37
Originally posted by rider

Please wait until January the 2. for the checking.

If this was a request of extension, sorry but you should have emailed me. All players sent their orders in time and I have already adjudicated.

GM.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2005 at 15:40
Winter 1928 Adjudication (Corrected!):

Here is the result of your IP allocations. Remeber that the major powers controlling each minor power will have that control for the full year of 1929 and will get an extra automatic 1/2 vote next year for those allies.

The results are as follow:
  • Sweden signs alliance with the Soviet Union, despite rumors about its neutrality.
  • Spain signs alliance with Italy
  • Czechoslovakia signs alliance with Poland
  • Yugoslavia signs alliance with Turkey
  • Rumania signs alliance with the Soviet Union
  • Greece remains unalligned
  • Egypt signs alliance with Turkey

The New York Times

Diplomatic success for Ataturk and Stalin

Western powers fail to attract allies. Revolution extends through Europe.

The map remains the same (Spring 1929):

Let's the rough verb of weapons talk now, alongside the sweet speech of ambassadors.

Btw, here there is a map showing the known alliances and the territory they control (updated!):

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2005 at 15:57
Good god Turkey got 2 minors with only 3 ip points? Did everyone send in their votes? 
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2005 at 16:07
Everyone sent in their votes. Can't say anything more.  

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2005 at 16:11
Ammendment! Just realized that I commited one error: Sweden is not neutral but allied of Russia. Worst for some, better for Stalin, I guess.

I'll update the post above inmediately.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2005 at 19:07

I could not really understand...So interesting IP results came out.

And of course, as nobody knows who had done what, there are some blamings,assumptions,but nothing is certain.

Edited by Kapikulu
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2005 at 21:23
Originally posted by Kapikulu

I could not really understand...So interesting IP results came out.

And of course, as nobody knows who had done what, there are some blamings,assumptions,but nothing is certain.

... and only I know what happened exactly.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 05:04
But some have great guesses too. Anyways, wasn't Morocco French too? And France is with the second largest territory after Russia.
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 10:55

It is not Russia...It is The USSR

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 10:59

Hmm, hard to decipher just exactly what is going on.....

My guess is Russia, pardon, the USSR blackmailed Poland into giving him his IPs in exchange for not attacking.  My case is similar, but not through blackmail.  I simply handed one to help Turkey.  Now Italy is knocking.

TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 11:05
Then your guess is wrong.Blackmailing is not part of SOVIET diplomacy.
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 11:23
I really like this variant, the dynamics of the map and the IP's make it very interesting.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 12:21
Well, Poland had no IP's in USSR diplomatic relations but he did have some in his own. And why should I care if Sweden is USSR? If Sweden has Finland and Norway, then I might become suspicious but not before as there is a sea between the two nations.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 12:21
Originally posted by rider

Anyways, wasn't Morocco French too?

Well, the map is not very accurat historically. Turkey wasn't any great power, nor was Poland either. Tunis and Syria were French and Egypt was "de facto" a British protectorate, as was Palestine-Transjordan. I just tried to make it seem closer to real by coloring Algeria, Lybia and Cyprus.

Morocco though wasn't wholly French. Spain had a protectorate over some areas too.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 12:22
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

It is not Russia...It is The USSR

Of course, sorry.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2006 at 03:34

Originally posted by Maju

Turkey wasn't any great power, nor was Poland either.

I and hugoestr thank you greatly!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>