Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

favorite kind of music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: favorite kind of music
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
5 [20.83%]
1 [4.17%]
2 [8.33%]
2 [8.33%]
1 [4.17%]
0 [0.00%]
13 [54.17%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: favorite kind of music
    Posted: 15-Jan-2006 at 01:13

Dream Theater (Virtuoso, Fast, Melodic, Heavy, Progressive and Awesome)

An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2006 at 01:15

Meshuggah (Another Level)

Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2006 at 01:17

Opeth (Beautiful stuff! Akerfeld's a genius!)

kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2006 at 03:50
Originally posted by Infidel

Pantera (Hell Yeah!!!)

Poor Dimebag It's been about 1 year since he was shot by a mad fan on the stage, hasn't it?

[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2006 at 12:56
Originally posted by BMC21113

Who are some of your favorite composers Emperor Barbarossa?

Beethoven, Mozart, and Dvorak.

Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2006 at 18:49

Originally posted by kotumeyil

Poor Dimebag It's been about 1 year since he was shot by a mad fan on the stage, hasn't it?

Unfortunately yes. He was shot onstage by some lunatic pantera fan who was angry at him because he must've thought that Dimebag was responsible for the break up of the band. Now, no more Pantera, Damageplan or Dimegag.

May he rest in peace.

Amedeo View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Amedeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2006 at 13:21

Edited by Amedeo
--Amedeo the Magna-Graecian
** Veritas, Justitia, Pulchritudo, Amoenitas **
Lilleman View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Lilleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 19:24

Some of the stuff that I listen to...

Hip-hop/Rap: Dizzie Rascal, Slick Rick, Roots Manuva, Busta Rhymes, Lethal B, Outkast, Public Enemy, Wiley, Jay-Z...

Metal/Trash/Death: Sepultura, Pantera, Down, Nile, Iced Earth, Mastodon, the Haunted, Meshuggah...

Industrial/Electronic stuff: NIN, Ministry, Killing Joke, Goldfrap, Ein Strzende Neubauten, Tricky, Skinny Puppy, M.I.A, Massive Attack...

Soul/RnB: Erykah Badu, Nina Simone, D' angelo, India Arie, Marvin Gaye, Me'shell Ndegeocello, Amel Leraux, John Lee Hooker...

Progressive/Post-rock: Tool, Explosions in the sky, Cult of luna, Godspeed you black emperor!, Mogwai, Dredg, Opeth, Fantmas, Pink Floyd, Isis, Silver Mt.Zion, Mono, Swans, Porcupine Tree...

Hardcore/Punk/Other: Helmet, Dub War, Faith No More, Downer, Converge, Cortizone, Pavement, Snapcase, Bad Brains, Fields of the Nephelim, Mary beats Jane, Mr Bungle, Deftones, Kenji Kawai...

Rock/Country/Alternative: 16 Horsepower, Arab Strap, Johnny Cash, White Stripes, Antony and the Johnsons, Three Mile Pilot, APC, Built to spill, Jeff/Tim Buckley, Happy the man, Smokey Robinson, Soundgarden, Jimi Hendrix, Black Hart Proccession, Mark Lanegan...

Ethnic/Folk/New wave: Dead can dance, Huun-Huur Tu, Outworld, Kodo Village...

Edited by Lilleman
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 16:17
I love the blues. I find it more "real" than most other forms of music.
D.C. View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote D.C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 10:32
Originally posted by BMC21113

Originally posted by Infidel

Metallica (prior to Load era)

The REAL Metallica, nice!

Real Metallica? Where is Cliff?I cannot see him in the picture.   I personally can't stand Metallica though I am a metal head.

My apologies for the fact there will likely be numerous posts in a row by me, its not to get my post count up, its just that its difficult to reply to so many posts within the one post.

Edited by D.C.
D.C. View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote D.C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 10:43

As I mentioned in my previous post I am a metal-head (death, thrash, a bit of blackmetal, also death-thrash, black-thrash etc), my favourite band is Slayer (in terms of albums they don't have a weak link, plus live they are absolutely awesome), and as people tend to find out I'm not a big fan of bands changing their sound so I tend to only like a couple of albums per band. I have tried broadening my musical horizons but I just cannot seem to do it, I've tried hardcore and other cross over genres but they don't seem to invoke the feeling that I want from the music).

Yes, I am indeed quite musically close minded! Though my interest in the military got me appreciating the feelings that a good pipes and drums band can invoke upon the listener.

Looks like there wasn't much to quote afterall (making my apology quite pointless).

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 21:17
I have voted for other.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123