Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCentral Asia music and book questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
estellafk View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Central Asia music and book questions
    Posted: 30-May-2006 at 11:41
Again

NIZAMIDDIN MIR ALISHER
(1441-1501)

An outstanding Uzbek poet, thinker and statesman. He wrote verses under the pseudonym of Navoi. Navoi is the largest figure of Uzbek and other Turkic literatures known in the west as Chagatai literature. Navoi was born and spent most part of his life in the town of Hirat located in Horasan. His parents had very close relations with Timurids- the off springs of Tamerlaine. From his earliest he had friendship with future governor of Horasan -Husain Baykara and from 10-12 years old he begun to write verses.

During the life Navoi has visited many countries of the East, and got acquainted with many outstanding oriental people. Develop his poetic mastership. In 1464-65 his admirers made his first collected verses (divan). This fact tells that by this time Navoi was already known as a poet. Until 1469, Navoi was forced to live far away from his hometown of Hirat due to internal family conflicts of Timurids.

In 1469 his old friend and descendant of Tamerlaine - Husain Baykara conquered the town of Hirat, and became the governor of Horasan. Since that time begun a new stage in life of Navoi. He actively participate in political life of his country. At the same year the governor of Horasan appoints Navoi on position of State stamp keeper - Muhrdar and in 1472 on position of Vizir - the prime minister. Being on this position Navoi helps cultural and scientific intelligence of the country, he also become very rich person at this time, and built several madrassah- schools, 40 rabats - the hotels, 10 suffi shelters, 9 saunas and 9 bridges, besides that he makes a lot of things for his nation. But such positive activities do not like the encirclement of the governor, and they take attempts to quarrel the old friends. Husain Baykara excuse Navoi from his position and in 1487 sent him to the town of Astrabad to full the position of the governor. There Navoi spent 2 years before Baykara allowed him to come back and offered some position in government. But Navoi refuses. Despite of that Baykara gives him the position of counselor with the right of participation in state management.

Since that begun a new epoch in the life of Navoi, he spent more time writing. Most of his works were done since that period till the end of his life. In 1490-1501 Navoi wrote his main Lyric, public, philosophic and scientific works. In 1483-85 he wrote "Hamsa", the work consisted of 5 separate poems: "Hairat al-abrar" - "confusion of righteous", "Farhad va Shirin" -"Farhad and Shirin", "Laili va Majnun", "Sabai saiyar" - " Seven planets", "Saddi Iskandari" - "the wall of Iskandar". "Hamsa" - is the first work in that genre ever written in Turkic language. Navoi tried to prove that it is possible to create such work in Chagatai (old uzbek) language, which can stand on the same level with works written in Persian and Tadjik languages. And in fact he did it. Navoi tried himself in all popular genres of literature of the time and shows that he has his own voice and style.

In the oriental history were written more then 120 poems on the theme of "Laili and Majnun", Navoi also wrote a poem but with his own style. In that poem he describes relationships between Laili and Manjun. He tried to express and transform human and suffi love.

During the life, Navoi wrote huge quantity of lyric works in 16 genres from 21 available. His last work was "Mahbub al-kulub" written in 1500.

MORE
Back Previous page
Printer friendly version Printer version
Bookmark this
Books about Uzbekistan Uzbekistan books
Flights to Uzbekistan Uzbekistan flights

estellafk View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 11:43
Again

ZAHIRIDDIN MUKHAMAD BABUR
(1483-1530)

Famous Uzbek poet, thinker, historian and statesman; founder of the dynasty and empire of Timurids.

Babur was born in Andijan on 14th of February in 1483, being son of the Ferghana ruler and great grandson of Tamerlaine. In 1494 Babur became the ruler of Ferghana and in 1526 he founded the centralized statement of baburids known in world history as "Empire of great Mongols" where he lived untill English conquest in 1848. He died in town of Agra on 26th of December in 1530.

Poetic legacy of Babur is very rich and versatile. His lyric works collected in the books he wrote in 1519 "Kabul divan" and in 1529 "Indian divan". We has written the verses in more then 10 genres of oriental lyrics.
The world known Babur's work "Baburname" testify about the history of the great Timurids and struggle for the great empire in 1494-1529. "Baburname" was translated to Persian language in 1586, Dutch (1705), English (1826), French (1871), Turkish (1940), Russian (1942).

Amongst scientific works an outstanding position occupies "Treatise of aruza" written in 1523-25, where examines the theory of oriental metric Aruz. Babur enriched that theory adding new thesis and generalizations. In 1521 he wrote philosophical-religious work "Mubayin", where states 5 basis of Islamic Shariat, also in 1521 he wrote book about taxation "Maubayinu-l-zakot". Some of his works like "Harb Ishi"- military operations, "Musika ilmi" the science of music, are still not found.

MORE
Back Previous page
Bookmark this

estellafk View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 11:46
AL-BERUNI
(973-1048)

Abu Raihon Mohammad Ibn Ahmad Al-Beruniy is the outstanding scientist and philosopher of the 10th century. Born in Khiva in 973 A.D, and trained initially as a mathematician, Beruniy ventured into the fields of chemistry, astronomy, history, geography, and pharmacology. He proved to be the authority, par excellence, of classical Islamic knowledge. His mastership of Arabic, Persian, Sanskrit, and Greek gave him access to the treasures of ancient civilizations and a means to grasp their "truth".

At an early age, the fame of his scholarship went around Uzbekistan and when the most famous king of Gaznaviylar Sultanate in 11th century Sultan Mahmud Ghaznaviy conquered his homeland, he took Beruniy along with him in his journeys to India several times and thus he had the opportunity to travel all over India during a period of 20 years. He learnt Hindu philosophy, mathematics, geography and religion from the Pandits to whom he taught Greek and Arabic science and philosophy.

Beruniy noticed observations of his travels through India in his well-known book "Hindiston" which gives a graphic account of the historical and social conditions of the sub-continent. At the end of this book he makes a mention of having translated two Sanskrit books into Arabic, one called "Sakaya", which deals with the creation of things and their types, and the second, "Patanjal" dealing with what happens after the spirit leaves the body. His descriptions of India were so complete that even the Ayni-Akbaryi written by Abu-al-Fadal during the reign of Akbar, 600 years later, owes a great deal to al-Beruniy's book. He observed that the Indus valley must be considered as an ancient sea basin filled up with alluvials.

On his return from India, al-Beruniy wrote his famous book Qanuni Masudi, which he dedicated to Sultan Mas'ud. The book discusses several theorems of astronomy, trigonometry, solar, lunar, and planetary motions and relative topics. In another well-known book al-Athar al-Baqia, he has attempted a connected account of ancient history of nations and the related geographical knowledge. In this book, he has discussed the rotation of the earth and has given correct values of latitudes and longitudes of various places. He has also made considerable contribution to several aspects of physical and economic geography in this book.

It's necessary to mention that Beruniy was well versed in anti-Aristotelian philosophy and wrote a critique of Muhammad Ibn Zakariya al-Razi. He condemned various aspects of Greek philosophy in his series of Questions and Answers. He exchanged in this series with Ibn Sina, whom Beruniy named al-Fata al-Fadil (the young scholar), echoing a feeling of mutual respect and friendship.

Beruniy died in 1048 at the age of 75, one year after he has completed his book on pharmacology "Kitab al-Saydalah". He never got married, and passed his life as a bachelor. It is said that he never raised his head from reading books and went out only twice a year on festival occasions, to procure provisions for himself. He has been considered as one of the greatest scientists of Islam, and, all considered, one of the greatest of all times. His critical spirit, love of truth, and scientific approach were combined with a sense of toleration. His enthusiasm for knowledge may be judged from his claim that the phrase "Allah is Omniscient does not justify ignorance".

MORE
Back Previous page
Bookmark this

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 23:06

Repeat them thousand of times, still they will not change the historical facts. I avoided to discuss this when the thread started. Now you are draging me here.

Alishir Nava'i was born in Herat, present day Afghanistan, you are saying he is Uzbek, that means you don't care about the place a historical figure was born, while you are claiming all the historical figures born in Uzbekistan as Uzbeks.

Alishir Navo'i said "Turki Hunerist", not "Uzbeki Hunerist", he believed his language is Turki. Or was he wrong?  Which Turkic language he used, you can compare and it was Uyghur Turkic. Still he never said that he was Uyghur or something. He wasn't a person as some of us, who has very narrow mind of tribalism. He belonged to all Turks.

Timurids are the decendants of western Qarahinid Uyghurs. Linguistically and culturally they were pretty different from Uzbek ulus came with Shaibanihan (Who was the decendant of Chengishan), but same with the eastern Qarahanid Uyghurs.  Yes, to some extent you are right, Babur was fighting with his brothers only on the term of Turk. So they were both Turks. Remember, if you say Turks are Turks, Uzbek are Uzbek,  then sure cut, Babur wasn't Uzbek. 

Either make a history or become a history.
estellafk View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 17:42

KEEP REPEATING TO YOURSELF

GOSH NOW I BELIEVE YOU GUYS ARE REALLY DEEP CRAZIEST PEOPLE ever
EVERY SANE PERSON KNOWS THAT HE WAS UZBEK !!!!!

OR OK THEN KEEP BEING STUPID

EVERYBODY WAS TURK

BEGINING FROM PUSHKIN AND SHEKSPIR
AL-HORAZMIY ALISHER NAVOI EVERYBODY  
EVEN PHANTOM OF THE OPERA WAS WRITTEN BY TURKS
GEORGE BUSH HE IS TURK
EVERYTHING WHICH EXISTS ON THE EARTH
WAS CREATED BY TURKS WAS DECOVERED BY TURKS WAS INVENTED BY TURKS THEY DON'T KNOW HISTORY BUT ANYWAY THEY CAN ALLOW IT THEIRSELVES BUCAUSE THEY DID SO MUCH TO THE WORLD

GOSH
TURKS TURKS TURKS TURKS
GOSH AND ONLY TURKS

TURKLARNING HAR QADAMLARIGA HASANOT BO"LSIN!!!!!!!!
BECAUSE SUCH STUPIDS YOU CAN NOT FIND EVERYWHERE
(WRITTEN BY ALISHER NAVOI)
HAHA!!!!!
selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 01:00
Originally posted by estellafk

EVERYBODY WAS TURK

GEORGE BUSH HE IS TURK
WAS CREATED BY TURKS WAS DECOVERED BY TURKS WAS INVENTED BY TURKS THEY DON'T KNOW HISTORY BUT ANYWAY THEY CAN ALLOW IT THEIRSELVES BUCAUSE THEY DID SO MUCH TO THE WORLD

GOSH
TURKS TURKS TURKS TURKS
GOSH AND ONLY TURKS

HAHA!!!!!
sen hech narsa emas ,sen bir munafiq !! sen ham ozbek emas !!
kel ,agarda ozbek bolsang ,mana ,ozbek tilda gapirmiz !!!!

selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 01:06

EVERYBODY WAS TURK

GEORGE BUSH HE IS TURK
WAS CREATED BY TURKS WAS DECOVERED BY TURKS WAS INVENTED BY
TURKS THEY DON'T KNOW HISTORY BUT ANYWAY THEY CAN ALLOW IT THEIRSELVES BUCAUSE THEY DID SO MUCH TO THE WORLD

GOSH
TURKS TURKS TURKS TURKS
GOSH AND ONLY TURKS

HAHA!!!!!
dumd people can be seen in every nation !!!even among ozbek I respect so much !!!
but I doubt if you are ozbek or not !!!
I wish moderater can check out this guy's IP and compare it with others ,
we will see who he is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahhahahah
estellafk View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 03:33
SELAM Ha man O'zbek man hohlasen  O'zbek tilida gaplashamiz man Turk tilini yahshi bilmiyman Azgina gapilarga lekin tushunaman!!
Man sila bilan urushganimi sababi sila o'ziladan-o'zila o'zbeklarni nasionalist va sharlatan dedilar shunga jahlim chiqdi
Va menga Baribir Alisher Hirotda Tug'ilgan mi eki turkmi eki o'zbekmi
Odamzodning hammasi olimlar aytishi bo'yicha afrikadan tarqagan!!!

And Guys I didn't wanted humiliate you, I just wanted Validity that's It!
And I Said these Bad words About Turks, Because You've forced me
You Called My Favorite Writer Charlatan And Nationalist
And I don't think Bad things About you About Turks I mean

And I'm not a guy I'm A Girl
And not Damed Poeple, Damed person
And Now Is That Makes You Feel Any Better?

estellafk View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 03:36
And If you wish to have my IP Adress Just ask me
I'll Give It To YOU!!!!

Agarda mening IP Adresimni bilmoqchi Bo'lseng mendan
so'ra va men senga o'zim beraman
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 05:26
Qartash lar, el cheking boyle kepleshmek ten. Bizke arqatash, ozimiz ten bashqa, kimse bolmos. Imdi, kelip bir biringiz ke sowoy mi siz? Ters erken ishingiz.

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 05:32
Ali Shir Navayi spoked Uzbek Turkic. Although close to Uighur, but obvious differences could be seen in his poems, reflecting he was an Uzbek speaker. Especially when you believe he was born in Herat. You can't see Uighurs there; while plenty of Uzbeks live in Afghanestan.

And I think Estellafk don't know about the situatin here, especially when people are talking about Turks & Mongols. I guess it's because the only nation claiming the name Turk is Turkey. And Turks does not have a good picture in Central Asia.

Anyhow, peace, would be what I keep my fingers crossed for.
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 07:27

SELAM Ha man O'zbek man hohlasen  O'zbek tilida gaplashamiz man Turk tilini yahshi bilmiyman Azgina gapilarga lekin tushunaman!!
ha,ozing'iz ozbek deng ???yahshi !!men sizni ozbek emas va dump dep tiladim  ,bu gaplarni aytishga siz majbur qildiz ,chunki bu foumda "fake" turklar  kop !!!agarda sizni men hafa qilgan bolsam ,kechirasiz !!!

Man sila bilan urushganimi sababi sila o'ziladan-o'zila o'zbeklarni nasionalist va sharlatan dedilar shunga jahlim chiqdi
Va menga Baribir Alisher Hirotda Tug'ilgan mi eki turkmi eki o'zbekmi
bu aytgan gaplaringiz notog'ri ,shekili !! qizik odam ekansiz ,biz bu  yardi turk daganimiz ,turkieli, turkmen ,kyrqiz ,ozbek ,uyghur ,qozoq.and so on !!Wink
Alisher afganistanda tug'ilgan ,yozgan kitoplari uyghurcha ,afsuski ozbek tilida emas !!  kitoplarida ozni turk mileti dep yozgan ,albatta bu Alisher ozbek emas daganim emas !! ozbek  ,russlar(stalin) sizlarga bergan isim ,1921 yilda, adashmasam !!!(before 1921 ,obekistan is simply called turkistan by the world )Shocked
Alisher Ozbek mi,uyghur mi yoki Afganli mi , buni allohdan boshqa hechkim bilmaydi !!lekin Alisher turk mility bu Xaqiqat !!!!Shocked
yoni bir gap ,ozbek ham turk militidan !!Smile

Odamzodning hammasi olimlar aytishi bo'yicha afrikadan tarqagan!!!
ha  ,gapiz tog'ri !!!!!hozirgacha ,ozimni afrikli dep yurbman !!!LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL( my skin is not that dark though !!!)
Oman boling ,yahshi qiz !!!!!!Wink

Edited by selam - 01-Jun-2006 at 10:39
selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 07:30

Agarda mening IP Adresimni bilmoqchi Bo'lseng mendan
so'ra va men senga o'zim beraman
IP adresi kerak emas , lekin, telephone numberizni bering !!Tongue

Edited by selam - 01-Jun-2006 at 10:36
selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 07:32
Originally posted by gok_toruk

Qartash lar, el cheking boyle kepleshmek ten. Bizke arqatash, ozimiz ten bashqa, kimse bolmos. Imdi, kelip bir biringiz ke sowoy mi siz? Ters erken ishingiz.

senga nima bor  bu threada endi ??Tongue
selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 07:57

urushmayli ,yahshi mas !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by selam - 01-Jun-2006 at 08:33
selam View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 08:12
Originally posted by gok_toruk

Ali Shir Navayi spoked Uzbek Turkic. Although close to Uighur, but obvious differences could be seen in his poems, reflecting he was an Uzbek speaker. Especially when you believe he was born in Herat. You can't see Uighurs there; while plenty of Uzbeks live in Afghanestan.
ohh,my GOD !!! please put his book here ,there are uzbek and uyghur in this forum ,let's see what kid of language he speaks and what kinds of scripture in wich he wrote !!!
again ,Ozbek this name is given by stalin around 1921 ,before this ,Ozbekistan is called turkistan !!!!!
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2006 at 13:09
The most recent six posts have been deleted due to petty squabbles between a couple of members. Keep in mind that veering off topic has its consequences.
estellafk View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2006 at 23:18
Feeee
 It's Not Interesting
How We Will know what was
The answer To Our Last Post?

Feee
Don't Delete Anything
NO WAY

DO NOT DO DAT!!!!
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2006 at 23:34

Actually it's good to have an Uzbek sister hear. As a civilized member, you can't just call others "crazy". So it's not unfair to delete some of your posts. The beauty of this forum is that it is keeping its decency by strict rules.  Now be cool, and let's continue our discussions.

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2006 at 23:49

Asli Nasling Balki uzluq balki torhon Uzbegim
Qaysaru run nayzasidan bagridan dog uzra dog
Chingizu botu tigiga kuksi qolqon Uzbegi
(I couldn't translate these line because it's in old Uzbek Language)

I don't know old Uzbek, but I know modern Uyghur, let me try to translate this part:

Your origin is like Uzluq or like Torhon, my Uzbek,
( Uzluq and Torhon is the name of Al Farabi)

Qeyseru Rum's spear made scar on your chest.
(Qeyseru Rum is the Cesar of Rome)

Chingiz and Batu's blade met with the shield of your breast, Uzbek

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>