Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnatolia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anatolia
    Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 22:20
Okay Erci.

It isn't my opinion. You can hear that from a lot of inhabitants of bakirkoy. So that claim isn't ridiculous.

According to bakirkoyies, the etymology: Makrohori > Makrikoy > Bakirkoy.

Btw I was born and live in bakirkoy.
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 22:36
you are very good at greek

bakirkoyies?
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 22:42
I just checked the makrikoy and you were right it was used as the name of the district before Bakirkoy

My aunt's husband from Balikesirious

"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 22:45
Originally posted by erci

it doesn't say what was it derived from.of course it is usual to change it.If I follow your logic I should also believe kadikoy, Hadimkoy, Mecidiyekoy all derived from Greek.

Well erci.

I think my quote implies my "logic" clearly. Well, now that we are talking about logics, tell me your LOGIC,

yabancı kaynaklı adların değiştirilmesi sırasında, adı Bakırky olarak belirlendi.

So The reason is that the name must be national, why isn't the name Atatrkky or Alparslanky? Why Bakir? You think the name bakir is related to that place? No! It's meaningless word for it except the sound similarity.

aha eski de, ne kadar eski ? Bu eskilik, Halkedon adından ok daha gerilere uzanıyor. M.. 5000- 3000 arasında, şimdi Kadıky dediğimiz alanın eşitli noktalarında, rneğin Fikirtepe`de, yerleşimler kurulduğunun kanıtları var. Byzas`ın "krler şehri" dediği yerin adı, yani Halkedon, buraya yerleşenlerin kendi haklarında başka bir dşnceleri olduğunu gsteriyor, nk bu ad "Bakır Diyarı" anlamına geliyor. Bylece, bakır ıkan yerin adı değişirken, br yakada, bakırla hi ilgisi olmayan bir blge "Bakırky" olmuş.

As for Kadikoy, I tell you my LOGIC:

Kadıky' n trke`deki adının, Fatih`in İstanbul`a Kadı tayin ettiği Hızır Bey`den geldiği sylenir ki, eşitli aıklamalar arasında bu daha akla yakın. - murat belge

http://www.istanbul.net.tr/istanbul_istanbul_yazilari_deta y.asp?id=84

Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 23:00
Originally posted by erci

you are very good at greek

bakirkoyies?

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 23:01
As for Kadikoy it clearly make sense.I don't live in Istanbul so I don't have knowledge about the name of its districts or their meaning.I didn't call your opinions ridiculous.As I stated before naming cities or using the old version names of the cities doesn't make them Greek, Egyptian or Arab today.

Edited by erci
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2005 at 23:37
As I stated before naming cities or using the old version names of the cities doesn't make them Greek, Egyptian or Arab today.

You are right.

BTW, Where bakirkoy is:

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2006 at 18:22
Ataturk turkified Anatolia 85 years ago. He thought that sumerian,hitties etc were all turks therefore he turkified them and imposed the turkish language 85 years ago.

85 years ago nobody were calling themselves 'turk' in Anatolia.
85 years ago only a tiny minority were speaking turkish.

The scientific researches have shown that the current population of Anatolia is still the same as it was thousands years ago.

So so called turks are not actually turks.

By the way the names of the cities,towns etc of anatolia have been changed 80 years ago only.

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2006 at 19:58
does this person sound familiar to you? 

wb bro

Edited by erci
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2006 at 20:56

Originally posted by T i g r i s

Ataturk turkified Anatolia 85 years ago. He thought that sumerian,hitties etc were all turks therefore he turkified them and imposed the turkish language 85 years ago.

85 years ago only a tiny minority were speaking turkish.

The scientific researches have shown that the current population of Anatolia is still the same as it was thousands years ago.

So so called turks are not actually turks.

By the way the names of the cities,towns etc of anatolia have been changed 80 years ago only.

Well nationality yes they are turks, just as a mix of people in America are simply americans. But genetically much of these people are closer to Greek, Armenians, Kurds, than to central asian "turks."

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2006 at 21:03
strategos EXACTLY but these anatolions think that they came from Central Asia. Very funny of course.

There has not been a waves of emigration from central asia..
 There is not one scientific proof that the anatolians are mostly turks.

Turks make up %9 of turkye's population. This %9 is so mixed since 1071 it is impossible to call these turks too.

There are no turks in turkey.

I bet If you ask 50 million people in turkey they would say they are definitely turks which is very funny.
The turks from central asia are mainly concentrated in the east  and some southern cities like mersin,adana,antalya,konya.

The others are not turks.

Anatolia is even a greek word. Anatoli means 'east' in Greek.

Edited by T i g r i s
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2006 at 21:24
you know what's funnier? Greeks think they are the descendants of the ancient Greeks

Herschel View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2006 at 22:20
Greeks are genetically of the same stock as their ancestors.

The Turks of modern day Turkey ARE Turks, but genetically they do not share the same ties to Central Asia.

Edit: Sorry, what I meant to say is there is a tie to Central Asia, but it's been diluted over their vast migration westward.

Edited by Herschel
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2006 at 22:32
Originally posted by Herschel

The Turks of modern day Turkey ARE Turks, but genetically they do not share the same ties to Central Asia.

Edit: Sorry, what I meant to say is there is a tie to Central Asia, but it's been diluted over their vast migration westward.

Well, in this case, I must say that Greeks don't share ties with Central Asia either, where the speakers of proto-IE (proto-Greek) came from most likely.

We are all product of history (including pregistory): no ethnicity, except maybe the Bushmen or something like that is "pure". Most are just the product of assimilation by foreigners.

Things like they are.

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2006 at 23:10

Really?

I may run a DNA test on 1000 Turks which have pure Central Asian Genes and declare to public that Turks are genetically of the same stock as Central Asian Turks.

Sorry but I don't buy it and I don't believe it either as Maju said.

Edited by erci
Herschel View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2006 at 23:29
I doubt that Maju and yourself are on the timeframe.

I'll repeat myself again, though. Turks in Turkey are Turks. They are not the same Turks who began their westward migration from Central Asia, although they share genetic markers. Greeks now and Greeks 2,000 years ago are from the same stock, and share much of the same DNA with modern day Turkey.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2006 at 02:26

I'll repeat myself again, though. Turks in Turkey are Turks. They are not the same Turks who began their westward migration from Central Asia, although they share genetic markers.

Acually they don't. Anatolian Turks have only traces of Central Asian genotype.

Greeks now and Greeks 2,000 years ago are from the same stock, and share much of the same DNA with modern day Turkey.

Right. But, again they are also diferent from the first peoples that spoke proto-Greek (proto-IE) precisely because they are mostly native and not some tribe that came and settled.

I want to emphasize that both Turks and Greeks are mostly native to their respective homelands and, as has been mentioned too, not very diferent in their genetic pools. This is not because Turks are Greek but because they both are "Aegean" or "Eastern Mediterranean" natives, the same that Mexicans are mostly natives of Mesoamerica no matter how much Spanish they speak now.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2006 at 02:44

85 years ago only a tiny minority were speaking turkish

First one is true, 85 year ago,  there are not so much people who call himself as Turk, they mostly call himself as muslim. But remember even they were calling themself as ottoman and muslim, all others(including Europea and greeks called them as Turk)So infact at 85 years ago, no greek or european say, turks of anatolia is not Turk

Second one is just  nonsense, even most of christian armenians was talking Turkish.I hope you dont mean, 85 years ago, langauges of sumer or hitits are still  alive

I bet If you ask 50 million people in turkey they would say they are definitely turks which is very funny.

More  funny thing is, they cannot call themself as turk, but you call them as greek.

The turks from central asia are mainly concentrated in the east  and some southern cities like mersin,adana,antalya,konya.

Infact their look is  not much different than others look.They dont resemble krgz or kazaks also. So maybe  they are not Turks too?

Anatolia is even a greek word. Anatoli means 'east' in Greek.

so what?   balkan is a Turkish word, do  you thing  all bulgarians are turk?

why ancient  greeks named anatolia as east?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123