Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest Iranian dynasty?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which of these you think was the greatest?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [3.70%]
15 [55.56%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [22.22%]
1 [3.70%]
4 [14.81%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest Iranian dynasty?
    Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 16:16
Originally posted by Eskandeh

I would say Achaemenid. Why is the Parthain dynasty not included? They were Iranian, if not Persian.

Originally posted by Zagros

Arsacid (ie) Parthians, with cavalry armies famous for cataphract and horse archer.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 19:01

meh shows hows much attention I was paying  . i even managed to call them the parthian dynasty which makes no sense whatsover. this is what happens when  u try to covertly do stuff at work...

Land of Aryan - where do you stanfd on Elam?

Edited by Eskandeh
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 19:09
Originally posted by Kafkazli

what is Artacid dynasty??

I ve never heard

well, safavids beginning from Shah Abbas I is the best one I think, He could destroy Ottoman armies near Tabriz and made Iranian territory the same as it was in Sassanid

Before him, World considers Saffavids as a turkish or turkic whatever u call that.

they are called Arsacid from Arsaces their first king, but called Parthia by the Romans because of the province in Iran they emerged from, in the same way the Ach. were called Persian due to Pars province. should definately use the dynasty rather than the region tho (I blame it on Rome Total War for my lapse )

Edited by Eskandeh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12