Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest Iranian dynasty?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which of these you think was the greatest?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [3.70%]
15 [55.56%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [22.22%]
1 [3.70%]
4 [14.81%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest Iranian dynasty?
    Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 18:10
In terms of cultural, religious, and military achievements i think the Sassanid era surpasses all the others in achievement. It was an era where outstanding achievements were made in literature, music, military organization and education by the founding of academy of Gundishapur which was established offering teaching in philosophy, medicine, theology and science. The Sassanians also contributed greatly in architecture and their style influence heavily Islamic and Byzantine architecture as well.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 18:20
I agree with you on an overall note, however, I think socially the Achaemenids were unsurpassed.
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 15:52
I vote to Achaemenid
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 17:51
Sassanid Dynasty.
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 17:52
Achaemenids were a very tolerant dynasty and controlled much of the known world at the time. Sassanids were too nationalistic. I vote Achaemenid, even though each dynasty strikes me with interest.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2005 at 02:46
How come the Samanids are not included in that list? They played a very important role in Iranian history; they saved Iran from become Arab. 
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2005 at 09:04

Not to sound totally ignorant, but do the Qajjars count as one of the great dynasties of Iran?

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2005 at 09:46
No, they count as one of the worst except for a few successes at the beginning of their reign.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2005 at 11:51
Achaemenids in all aspects!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2005 at 19:33

what is Artacid dynasty??

I ve never heard

well, safavids beginning from Shah Abbas I is the best one I think, He could destroy Ottoman armies near Tabriz and made Iranian territory the same as it was in Sassanid

Before him, World considers Saffavids as a turkish or turkic whatever u call that.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2005 at 19:53

Arsacid (ie) Parthians, with cavalry armies famous for cataphract and horse archer.

Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2005 at 01:06

Achamenids were ahead of their time in some regards, and even comparing to todays middle east. Namely in human rights, cultural and religious freedom, and administration of a large empire. That makes them the winner

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2005 at 09:08

ok

thanks, I know them as Parthia, but not never heard as arsacid, it helped me, I love parthia in fact as the best, but it was not based on strong government as Acheamanids, Sassanids or Saffavids, so sorry

Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2005 at 20:39
Safavid Dynasty
Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2005 at 23:48

i would say archemenid.. Because it was in this time (except towards the end) that the persians put the most influence on middle east and central asia, they controlled the largest kingdom of their time, had the largest armies. And also they were tolerant and just rulers, basically i see the archemenid period as a period of light for persia, everything flourished in this time, and i am very proud whenever talking about this dynasty.. After archemenid must be sassanid for their power in not allowing the romans to control persia. and also parthians for their implemention of a new type of army.

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2005 at 13:41

i vote for the sassanids!

hello, i am a new forumer and a history freak!  i just want to say that PERSIA IS THE GREATEST CIVILISATION EVER!

Saka View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Saka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2005 at 16:07

We are the son of Cyrus the great the first and unic emperor who etablished the first chart of human right.

So of course Achamenids because persian should be proud of this act.

YusakuJon3 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote YusakuJon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2005 at 06:50
There's no denying that the Achaemenid Dynasty oversaw perhaps the greatest land empire of antiquity, embracing a variety of peoples at its periphery and establishing the first links between East and West.  The history written by Herodotus mentions one amazing journey taken by a Greek into India, although with much embellishment and flavored by that Hellenic prejudice against the "barbarians".  It was mostly internal stresses which led to the downfall of the Achaemenids, providing a certain Macedonian with the incentive to rush in and shatter the empire's fabric as he did.
"There you go again!"

-- President Ronald W. Reagan (directed towards reporters at a White House press conference, mid-1980s)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2005 at 09:18
Sure about Achaemenid , Artacid and Sassanid tobe great; but the Safavids had the best part in uniting Iran. If there were no safavids there would be no modern age Iran.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 07:41
I would say Achaemenid. Why is the Parthain dynasty not included? They were Iranian, if not Persian.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>