Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iraq’s new flag ( slight change )

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iraq’s new flag ( slight change )
    Posted: 16-Dec-2005 at 02:23

the old flag had the writing of Allah Akbar in Arabic exactly how Saddam wrote it on the flag.

the new flag the same writings with a formal Kufi Print

notice the difference?

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2005 at 02:27
Different font style? Does Arabic script even have fonts, must do as i've seen different styles.
Arrrgh!!"
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2005 at 02:30

yes they do, there are many.

Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2005 at 02:49
So I guess Saddam's handwriting wasn't pretty enough?

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2005 at 03:00

I like the new flag with the Kufi font. Anyhow, either one of the two Iraqi flags (old and new) are much better than the one that was proposed last March by the US and the Iraqi administration, which I think was ugly and pale:

That flag looked to me like a local Iraqi soccer club flag

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2005 at 05:06
Originally posted by ok ge

I like the new flag with the Kufi font. Anyhow, either one of the two Iraqi flags (old and new) are much better than the one that was proposed last March by the US and the Iraqi administration, which I think was ugly and pale:

That flag looked to me like a local Iraqi soccer club flag

The color combination... I like it... almost the same as my nephew's pyjamas color which i bought last month...

well for the flag.. the Iraq flag.. I like the latest one... coz the font style much more... better...  it's more distinguish...

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 02:01

Originally posted by cahaya

The color combination... I like it... almost the same as my nephew's pyjamas color which i bought last month...

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 03:31
I like the flag. The font is especially nice...I like Arabic writing, especially the calligraphy in the mosques 
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
cg rommel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote cg rommel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 12:14
the new looks better.....
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 12:31
The US might as well have suggested the actual Israel flag, instead of that loosely-based crescent version.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
cg rommel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote cg rommel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 13:20
Originally posted by Mila

The US might as well have suggested the actual Israel flag, instead of that loosely-based crescent version.

yeah,
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 13:37
Small difference,but i do not like it anyway.Too much black.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 14:05
Me neither, I have always disliked the colour combination.
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 16:58

I agree with you cok,the iraqi people refused to change the flag so the goverment kept the old flag.but Masoud al Barazani still refused to accept it as Iraqi flag he said (by this flag we were killed) I don't agree with this dumb.

About the other flag the crescent is an islamic symbol the two blue line are rivers Tigres and Euphrates,the Yellow line represents Kurds,I don't know why they were choose it.

I think it represents grudge not Kurds.

I think it is not for soccer team,it is for a hospital or somthing deal with medicine.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2005 at 20:34
I like it more. Simply because, it isn't Saddam's handwriting.
 Post Reply Post Reply