Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brief History of Yugoslavia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brief History of Yugoslavia
    Posted: 02-Jan-2006 at 17:47
The same arguement, I'm not surprised.

I'll just re-post what I posted before.

Originally posted by Mila

As an aside, though...

Nationality was rarely referenced in these letters written by Bosnian nobility and aristocracy. When it was referenced, Croatian and Serbian were referenced roughly equally and only once each in the sense of nationality (all other references were to language). For example, the same Stejpan Kotromanic you say claimed he was Serbian also told the Pope he spoke Croatian. But both are overshadowed by "Dalmatian" and "Slavic", which were the most common terms used to reference nationality - especially in legal or otherwise official texts.

"One can tally ethnic traits of medieval Bosnian rulers and find either Croat or Serb characteristics in the list. However, such simplistic approach is dated and discarded: there is no sign that population of pre-Ottoman Bosnia and Herzegovina, whichever social stratum, had developed Croatian or Serbian ethnic consciousness even in a medieval sense of the word."
- Franz Miklosic, Monumenta Srbica

And add that it was quite common for Roman and Byzantine authorities to refer to us as either Croatia or Serbia.

The people of Bosnia and Herzegovina, however, did no such thing until the Kotromanic dynasty, when Bosnia conquered a portion of western Serbia.

At this point Kotromanic declared himself the King of Bosnia, and of the Serbs, and of the Croats.

What you engraved on a tombstone centuries later, or what outsiders say about us, doesn't really matter to me.

We've decided, with significant historical proof, that we are not Serbian. We have no interest in being Serbian and, given the evidence, feel we never really were.

You can claim we are all we like. It doesn't raise our dead from the graves and it doesn't give you the right to claim our land. If, as you believe, we are Serbs - you should be ashamed for what you've done to your "Serbian" brothers. Not on an online chat room posting irrelevent bits of s--t from God know's where.

The tombstone for Mother Theresa in Mitrovica says she was a Serb, the one in her birthplace says she was Albanian.

Go bother Kosovar Albanians and try to steal their history first.

Edited by Mila
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Surbel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2006 at 17:54
De Originibus Slavicis, 1745, Joan Christofori de Jordan

In his study of the Slavs (De Originibus Slavicis, 1745), Joan Christofori de Jordan, one of the founders of Slavistics in Germania, believes that early German sources, namely Einhard (e.g. Sorabos, quae natio magnam Dalmatiae partem obtinere dicitur), offer important information as to Serbia-Bosnia's western borders. According to Christofori, all the historical evidence strongly suggests that Serbi-Bosnia's western border ran along the Una and Sava rivers, centered at Srb, an ancient stronghold on the Una River.

"DAI" I hope you know what is that,is the strongest pruf. History is not just sunday hoby.

If you need more...ring
When your heart is empty,your
mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2006 at 17:59
Okay, Surbel. Lets make-believe.

I'm a Serb. All Slovenians, Croatians, and Bosnians are Serbs.

However, we don't like our Serbian brothers in Serbia proper much.

We humbly request you all f--k off and leave us alone. We wish to move forwards, towards Europe - not backwards, towards the Byzantine Empire.

We even built funny Orthodox Churches called Catholic Cathedrals and Muslim Mosques, hoping you'd take the hint.

It is our ancestors who settled this land, not the ancestors of Belgraders. So please respect this wish from your fellow Serbs.

Goodbye.

And this will be my last post to you, ever. Hope you still have a life worth living without someone to play with you.

Edited by Mila
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Surbel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2006 at 18:19
Someone just can't handle the true. I'm not stealing anything,my mother was born in SFR of Bosna and Herzegovina. I have beautiful pice of land there. In what you belive today is your own decision i can only suport you nothing else. But with your temper you just showing everybody on what cind of intelectual level you are and that is your problem not mine. With that same temper we felt into war.
For others(exept Mrs.Mila)....
Illyria Sacrum, Daniele Farlati
Illyria Sacrum is a massive eight-volume history of the Church in Illyria prepared in the 18th and 19th centuries by three Italian Jesuits, Filipo Riceputi, Daniele Farlati and Jacobo Coleti. Illyria Sacrum is based on some 300 volumes of raw source materials collected over a twenty-year period. The first volume was published in 1751 and the eighth in 1819.

Historically speaking, Farlati writes, there are two Serbias. One Serbia is Primorje or Maritime Serbia. The other Serbia is Zagorje or Interior Serbia. Zagorje is made up of two parts, Bosnia and Rascia/Raska (partes Serbliae). Bosnia (pars Serbliae), Farlati writes, like Raska, is a Serb land, an original and integral part of Zagorja or Interior Serbia.
When your heart is empty,your
mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123