Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Malaysian Monarchy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Malaysian Monarchy
    Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 13:26

The most famous Malay Sultanate was from Malacca Empire History... During that time, Sultan played major roles in ruling the government.

Nowadays, the sultans still have strong influence in malay community in Malaysia. The Monarchy System nowadays, acknowledge the Yang Di-Pertuan Agong  as the head of the country. Malaysia practices a system of government based on Constitutional Monarchy and Parliamentary Democracy.

At the Federal level the head of State is the King and the head of government is the Prime Minister. At the state level the head (Ruler) of State is either the Sultan, Raja, or Yang di-Pertuan Besar, and the Yang di-Pertua Negeri is the head of State where there are no Rulers: the Chief Ministers (Menteri Besar/Ketua Menteri) are the heads of government.

CONFERENCE OF RULERS

In accordance with the Malaysian Constitution, the power to elect and appoint the Yang di-Pertuan Agong is vested with the Conference of Rulers. In the federation system of government (as practiced in Malaysia) where a number of state Rulers are involved, a council known as the Conference of Rulers, was instituted under Article 38 of the Federal Constitution to serve as a forum for the Rulers and Governors (Yang Dipertua Negeri) to meet and deliberate. On certain matters the Federal Constitution provides that the government seek advice from the Conference of Rulers.

refer to: http://www.malaysianmonarchy.org.my/portal_bi/rk1/rk1.htm

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 15:17
Originally posted by cahaya

Malaysia practices a system of government based on Constitutional Monarchy and Parliamentary Democracy.

And the whole country just completely forgot to mention this to Mahathir Mohamad..... for 2 decades.

Edited by Paul
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2005 at 00:36

well paul as u said..

Originally posted by Paul

And the whole country just completely forgot to mention this to Mahathir Mohamad..... for 2 decades.

it was the people of Malaysia's choice... We use our power in election to vote.. i think more than democracy enough rite? it's up to us to maintain him for how long..even if he able to live for 100yrs.. if we want we'll maintain him as our PM for another 3 decades if we think he's the best... It's absoulutely not others or non malaysian concern.. I dont know why someone who dont have anything with Malaysia would have interest in this matter?

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2005 at 11:39

I was refering to his conduct while in office.

Banning oposition party meetings and arresting political opponants.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2005 at 12:46

mahatir is the builder of modern Malysia, and nobody is perfect  but comparing his goods with his bads he was Good for Malysia .

also he had the chance to rule till his death but he prefered to retire.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2005 at 14:21
Originally posted by Paul

I was refering to his conduct while in office.

Banning oposition party meetings and arresting political opponants.

well Paul.. in this matter .. I am not sure u are referring to which incident.. but as i can say here... whtever action he took before was in purpose to maintain our country peace and stability... it was to ensure that no one was trying to disturb the strong integration between multiraces in Malaysia for their own political benefits...

It's true wht Azimuth did say... He could rule more thn the times he already had but he choosed to step down...  I'm proud to have him as our country's PM before..

Post Reply Post Reply