Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iraq through the eyes of a solider

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iraq through the eyes of a solider
    Posted: 15-Dec-2005 at 08:07

Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Afghanan, where did you find that article?

It is sickening, no doubt. The U.S. doesnt have a great history of interrogators. We were the first country to feed LSD to prisoners who were being interrogated. One Vietnamese prisoner was so affected by the drug that he asked the gaurds to kill him once they had finished the session.

Just type in "Dilawar US Abuse" in Google.  You can find articles throughout, as well as a listing in wikipedia.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2005 at 08:20
Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

Osmanli your fears are commenced but don't let the emotion reaction affected you.

First america spend 2 billion $ every week in Iraq iraqi oil now cannot cover this cost and america already have all gulf countries import oil from them, I don't think the Oil is a main reason.

THats what I thought at first.  But Iraq is not a short term investment, its a long term investment.  By 2030, America's consumption of Petroleum will increase.

Source:  http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/aeo/figure_6.html

Furthermore, this isnt just a US problem.

China, with its rapidly growing economy, 1.3 billion people, and millions of new cars, has just passed Japan to become the second largest consumer of oil after the U.S. In 2003, China consumed more than five mbd, of which more than 35 percent was imported. By 2030, China will need to import 80 percent of the 12 mbd it is expected to need. India, with its 1 billion people and surging economy, also has a growing thirst for oil, most of which will have to be imported.

Unknown nations like Kazakhstan are making alliances with the west.  Even though they also have a dictator (who somehow managed to secure his seat for the 3RD time, with 91% of the votes), US is choosing to turn a blind eye so long as energy interests are met.

Read this article about Qazakhstan: 

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Central_Asia/GL06Ag01.html

All tolled, today, the world is consuming a little over 80 mbd (30 billion barrels per year). By 2030, global demand is expected to grow by 50 percent to 120 mbd (45 billion barrels per year).

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2005 at 08:09

"Iraq will not be a push over"

Al-Mahdi:

Fayadin:

Fallujah:

The resistance is real.

Edited by Alborz
"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2005 at 18:10
WOW, great pictures, high quality, and VERY moving. This picture caught my attention the most though:

Argentum Draconis View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Argentum Draconis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2005 at 16:55
Originally posted by ok ge

Turkish army soldiers holding heads of PKK fighters next to their bodies

where did you see that?

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2005 at 22:08

Originally posted by Argentum Draconis

where did you see that?

Refer back to London Weekly "The Euorpean" January 11-17 edition of the  magazine.

"The pictures published here are evidence of that took place in April 1995 in the district of Hakkari in the Kurdish regions of southeastern Turkey. The perpetrators of this act were Turkish soldiers, members of the Hakkari Mountain Brigadier Command, and the victims are rebillion Kurds"

Please be aware that the following photos are of a graphic nature. I will post the links only:

http://www.allempires.com/forum/uploads/okge/2005-12-22_2202 06_turk_kurd3.jpg

http://www.allempires.com/forum/uploads/okge/2005-12-22_2201 19_turk_kurd2.jpg

http://www.allempires.com/forum/uploads/okge/2005-12-22_2200 36_turk_kurd.jpg

Keep in mind that these documentations does not represent the Turkish public opinion or behavior in any shape or form.

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2005 at 01:12
Originally posted by ok ge

Mila, it is not the worst image you have seen neither me. I've seen images of Chinese soldiers punishing a traitor in WWII by cutting his flesh piece by piece. Turkish army soldiers holding heads of PKK fighters next to their bodies, the infamous picture of Celebici prison of Bosnian soldiers executing Serb prisoners in a war crime act, and of couse Iraqi terrorist groups who slaughter hostages as sheeps.

I agree with cok gec.I seen worse as well.While the pictures which cok gec posted made by Armenians haven't been proved to be true yet I think torture made by kingdom of Saudi Arabia is the worst thing I ever witnesed.Killing, cutting hands or fingers off and torturing its people in the name of Allah is just disgusting.It is just a cheap way of playing God.It's called Sheriat; means you can kill people if they steal, murder or they don't appreciate the shariat rules and don't follow it.It is common in Saudi Arabia, some other arabic countries, Iraq(in Saddam's rule) and maybe not in full charge but in Iran as well.This unhuman way of punishment should stop

Warning: The video link below contains graphic and disturbing images and may not be suitable to watch!

http://www.flurl.com/uploaded/torture_2104.html
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2005 at 13:22

Originally posted by erci

While the pictures which cok gec posted made by Armenians haven't been proved to be true yet

Im not sure where did you assume it is Armenians? it is reported in many European newspaper and obviously it is an individual picture for memory purpose (as the case of the US marine soldier whose picture I posted earlier), so those photos came out to public. I don't see where Armenians can be blamed here? Are you saying it is fake? then why they didn't deny it and just kept silent about it? I see clearly the Turkish flag on the arm band. I have no single doubt those photos are real and I'm sure many realistic Turks do that too.

Originally posted by erci

I think torture made by kingdom of Saudi Arabia is the worst thing I ever witnesed.Killing, cutting hands or fingers off and torturing its people in the name of Allah is just disgusting.It is just a cheap way of playing God.It's called Sheriat; means you can kill people if they steal, murder or they don't appreciate the shariat rules and don't follow it.It is common in Saudi Arabia, some other arabic countries, Iraq(in Saddam's rule) and maybe not in full charge but in Iran as well.This unhuman way of punishment should stop

I think you are right saying "I think" because I haven't witnessed that myself and so It will be hard for me to believe that you would have witnessed that too unless you mean photos and videos which I don't find and even the one you posted does not support your claim here.
Im also sure you are familiar with Shariah (since you are from Turkey) and so I wonder where did you hear that stealing will be punished by killing?
Also, murderers get killed? Sure why not? It is not that a shocking issue that a murder will be executed. Finally cutting fingers? that is also I cannot verify anywhere. In fact I've read such tactics were used by the Secular Bath'ist government of Iraq more than the religious government of Iran, so clearly not a Shariah issue at all.
Finally, since it is so hard to find photos and prove torture in Saudi Arabia, I will assume Amnesty reports are right in their observations, then I believe it is a disgusting thing that people are tortured for opposing and I don't have problem believing it might have been used in Saudi Arabia at some point. The point is one, we dont' need to race posting  those disgusting images because we know it exist in many countries and we all agree it is inhuman.
I just think you missed the point in posting that video. I could have posted graphic photos of Iraqi civilians tortured and killed but I choose the Marine photo with the boys because it is ironic. It doesn't have to be the worst picture you see. It is metaphorically much worst than a picture of beheading because it is a shocking photo. While those soldiers are expected to act as liberators, we find out how mockingly they are treating Iraqis in some cases which shows how much frustration they are experiencing there. That by itself is much damaging to the public opinion than say  a picture of beheading because you expect terrorist to behead hostages unfortunately but not Americans to torture in Abu Gharib, or kill indiscrimenately in Fallujah or present themselves in such photos as the one I posted.

Posting the Turkish soldier photo is similar in that sense. I could have posted photos of torture of prisoners in Turkey (not hard to find at at all), however, I choose the issue of those Turkish soldiers. While they are claiming to be presenters of a modern civilized state fighting "terrorist" kurdish groups, you are shocked to see such photos of disrespect to human body and ironically much worse than what those "terrorist" Kurdish groups are presented in the media propoganda. Unfortunately I had to post them after I was asked to do so. I consulted an administrator and only after failing to have it sent privately to the questioning person via PM, I decided to post them here. So simply, im not in a competition to post more disgusting videos or photos because I can fill up a whole thread of them, but they won't serve my point at all.

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123