Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iraq through the eyes of a solider

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iraq through the eyes of a solider
    Posted: 13-Dec-2005 at 21:58
IRAQ through the eyes of a soldier

[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 05:32

Anouther great topic, Mashaallah!!!

You really should have put a warning on the title, the pics really got to my heart.

Cant wait for the 21st century crusade to end, those terrorists in Iraq should just leave

Peace to Iraq, Peace to the world!!!

Persian View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Persian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 09:15

WOW. man, those are some deep imagery.

and osmali, take that map off, it refers to Persian gulf as "Arabian gulf".

Iran = Iran, nothing else
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 13:34
I'm surprised by your reaction, OSMANLI. These photographs made me more sympathetic to the American soldiers. They're heartwrenching but beautiful. And this soldier took the time to show the suffering on all sides - American soliders, Iraqi insurgents, Iraqi civilians - everyone. That takes a lot of heart and you can see in the photos he feels for the people he's photographing.

I just think they're beautiful and it really makes you think. It just cut into my heart a little bit, but I wouldn't consider this anti-war propaganda or anything of that nature. I wouldn't expect it to change any opinions, that's what I like about it.

I'd hope Ghengis, Maju, and everyone else could look at these pictures and feel something, without it really impacting how they view the war in terms of whether or not it was necessary. Just...bringing it home to them, you know?

I think pro-war Americans can look at these pictures and be touched and proud, and anti-war Europeans can look at these pictures and feel touched and proud - for completely different reasons.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 13:50

Where the soldiers crying due to their fellow soldiers death or because of the death of Iraqis?

Also if they feel so bad at the going on in Iraq and yet they still carry on with the same action then they are even worse then they originally were. Since they have seen the error of their ways and yet are continiuing to act in the same manner.

They should rather be a conscientious objector. Then they would have my full respect.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 14:02

those images are shocking, that crying little girl with her sirious wonds.......no comment

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 14:44
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 14:49
Khalid Bin Walid
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 14:58
Khalid Bin Walid
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 15:03
Khalid Bin Walid
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 15:20
Khalid Bin Walid
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 15:40

They suffered much under saddam.

I prefer better evil.

Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 16:11

Edited by Ahmed The Fighter
Khalid Bin Walid
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 16:13

It is easy to persuade a child Ahmed, dont you think saddam have enough pictures with child?

Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 16:23

It is not a persuade issue it is life issue every onecan understand it as he like.

maybe we are different then each one have his sight to things.

BTW where you've been, you disappeared last weeks.

Khalid Bin Walid
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 16:29

At east anatolia, went to malatya(A city more near Baghdat than Ankara) for my job and had not much time.

By the way, where did you find this pictures? It looks like mila and you are not using some webpage

pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 16:29
Originally posted by Mortaza

It is easy to persuade a child Ahmed, dont you think saddam have enough pictures with child?

Please take another look Mortaza. 

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 16:32

Pike which pictures? at the death ones or laughing childs? There are a lot picture.

pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 16:32
Originally posted by OSMANLI

Where the soldiers crying due to their fellow soldiers death or because of the death of Iraqis?

Also if they feel so bad at the going on in Iraq and yet they still carry on with the same action then they are even worse then they originally were. Since they have seen the error of their ways and yet are continiuing to act in the same manner.

They should rather be a conscientious objector. Then they would have my full respect.

I think there is enough empathy in a G.I. to feel for both his comrades and civilians.  No one is enjoying this.

Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 16:37

No,we are not using the same website.

Malatya I know it.

it was a border city between Arab empire and Byzantine empire.

Khalid Bin Walid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>