Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Presidential debate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
SJI Lasallian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SJI Lasallian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Presidential debate
    Posted: 11-Oct-2004 at 09:54
Arnie could very well have a chance in the presidential elections... but his time has not come yet. For now, let's all pray that Kerry wins!
"I adore in all things the will of God in my regard" -- Saint John Baptist De la Salle (final words)
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2004 at 10:37

I must admit I have no idea about Ohio though, Pennsylvania's western inferior is a tricky one!

Ohio will fall to Bush. The minorities there have been so jaded politically that they will have low voter turnout. The unions are also becoming less powerful as they are becoming more distant from the factory workers they represent. Kerry also doesn't endear himself to catholics (traditional democrats), he just doesn't seem able to convey that he thinks his religious beliefs should have no bearing on politics. Which I personally believe is wrong since your moral beliefs are no different than your beliefs on world trade or education reform.

Therefore all that remains is the conservative moralist voters, which will assuredly choose Bush.

I find these debates so unwatchable.
How do you yanks manage it?

I actually like the town hall forum of debate better than a straight one-on-one forum. Candidates seem more alive when they move around and stand in the open rather than sitting behind a desk or standing at a podium. I don't know, maybe it's different interest in different issues.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2004 at 15:54
Ohio will fall to Bush.

Ohio is the state that has suffered the most to Bush...  It has lost the most jobs.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
-William Shakespeare
Shifty Russian View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Shifty Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2004 at 16:57

[/QUOTE]

Yup. I am under the influence of intelligence, which is considered illegal in leftist countries.

[/QUOTE]

-Warloard

LOL - so true

Hows about this for a solution - get me to run the bloody nation
you have to know me personally to realize i am the man for the job

I'm Shifty Russian, Suka
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2004 at 17:20
Could you name a few leftist countries (apart from Cambodia) where intelligence is illegal?
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2004 at 17:52

Ohio is the state that has suffered the most to Bush...  It has lost the most jobs.

Actually Ohio's unemployment rate is 3% higher than its lowest ever unemployment rate.

Source: http://www.bls.gov/web/lauhsthl.htm#content

Losing jobs doesn't mean you don't get another one.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123