Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No one showing up to worship? Sell it!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No one showing up to worship? Sell it!
    Posted: 24-Dec-2005 at 18:29

Nuns and priests are also selling their properties to developers. Hey, even godly people need to eat!!!

If they don't have any other choice... why not? Giving some of these unused churches to immigrant Christian communities (that would actually use the church) would be a better choice.

There was one Church that was turned into a strip club and bar in the US not to long ago.

Personally, I think that converting a church to a strip house is a sin.  

Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2005 at 19:10

Originally posted by Constantine XI

I once marvelled at the idea of using a church to have a rave there. I still want to as well.

Your my hero

A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2005 at 12:36

Personally, I think that converting a church to a strip house is a sin.

I didn't hear anything about that in the bible. Then again you'd have to believe in sin also, I believe good and evil are just morals made and set by man. There are communities in this world that have different ideas of whats good and what is considered evil, there's really no set universal law.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2005 at 17:44

I didn't hear anything about that in the bible.

I guess that those who wrote the Bible never thought that someday, a church will converted to a strip club.

But if I remember correctly, Jesus gets mad at the fact that  the people were selling stuff near (or in) a temple.

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2005 at 20:16
It's while a temple is still considered holy isn't it.I think gcle said that a church does some kind of ritual so a church isn't a holy ground anymore and thus making it a building of a church design, well thats if it has the classical design of churchs, some are now just put in apartment stores and other kinds of buildings.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12