Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Being Muslim the Bosniak Way

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Being Muslim the Bosniak Way
    Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 08:06
Originally posted by Master_Blaster

I am still confused as to why the Bosnian Muslims sought independance from the then-Yugoslavia since there are hundreds of thousands of Bosnian Muslims still residing in Serbia and Montenegro and they seem to be living there in relative peace with their Slavic kinsmen.

What is troubling about the demise of Yugoslavia is that the Bosnian Muslims were targeted for wholescale massacres, rapes, and genocide for seeking autonomy and/or independance but the other peoples of Yugoslavia - Croats, Macedonians, and recently, the Montenegrins - were allowed to gain independance peacefully. It just shows the disgusting racism the Serbs have for the Muslims of the Balkans.

pretty much because Bosniaks (bosnian muslims) would have been in a state that was composed of 13 million of serbs, while just approximately 2 million bosniaks. So why would you live in a state like that were you are a heavy minority while other countries gained peace? The people of Bosnia and Herzegovina organized a referendum where 66% of it's inhabitants voted and 99% wanted independence. It should be noted how in this new state there would NOT have been a bosniak majority as the difference between bosniaks and serbs were just 6% It would have beena multicultural and multietnic democratic state that could have enjoyed good relationship with it's neighbours.
violentjack View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 10:07
No, im not making this up

Here are some more famous Bosniak Turks, and ccheck their influence in Turkish public life

7 out of 9 top Turkish general have Bosnian roots, one even have his last Slavic name Kilic Safet

Tarik Tara head of Emka construction is Bosniak roots, there was interview when he came to Bosnia, and he said his family is from Lower Kolasin, and he chose his last name Tara,because of river that flows near Kolasin, now Montenegro.Untill 1878 this was completely Bosniak town.Bosniaks emigrated to Turkey for 300+Years and part of Ottoman empire, which is in Arab world from 1878.Try to remember there were some 200 000 Bosniaks in Turkey by mid 1850, and this was not period of higher Bosniak emigration, when they had to flew homes from Serbs and Croats.My distant relatives fled to Turkey back in 1911, then it was still Ottoman empire.Most Bosniaks came before 1924 into Ottoman empire, but after world war 2, lot came also

There are surprising. over 20 000 Arab last names, which ends in Balkash, and Bosneli,Bosnevi, which would mean man from Bosnia.

Il paste article about that, just after i finish writing this thread, about that

Another famous Bosniaks
3 out of top 5 Turkish basketball players
Asim Pras,Turkouglu and Turkcan Mirsad, real name Jahovic

Cem Uzan is also of Bosniak descent

How much Bosniaks influenced Turkish economy, you dont need map, just go through Istanbul and you will see parts like
Bosna carse
Yeni Bosna
Whole towns of 100 000 which are ethnicaly Bosniak like Gazi Suleymanpasa
Eyler Souzi
And many other Bosniak neighborhods in Turkey

Whole economy my friend around Divan Oglu or Yolu, sorry for my mistake, is run by Bosniaks from Sandzak region!

Bosnjaci,probudite se ili nestanite
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 10:12
Number of Serbs is 7.7 million, Bosniaks 2.2 million in Ex Yugoslavia.

13 million figure is just false rubish from Serbs who wants to inflate number, like they always do.

Bosniaks didnt wanna live in Serbia, thats why most voted for independent Montenegro.

Most Bosniaks in Serbia over 90% of them  live in 4 counties of Sandzak, area between Bosnian border and Kosovo

Sjenica,Novi Pazar,Tutin and Prijepolje, where concetration of Bosniaks is from 41% In Prijepolje, to over 95% In Tutin.

In other parts of Serbia, maybe only 2000 Bosniaks live, and most live in town of Mali Zvornik, litlle Zvornik, on border of Bosnia, Serbian part of Drina.People living in Belgrade are Gorani and some Albanians,and very few Bosniaks.

Bosniaks chose their own state, since in Bosnia they are more numerous then both Serb and Croats combined!

Bashibozuk View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Bashibozuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 12:15
7 out of 9 top Turkish general have Bosnian roots, one even have his last Slavic name Kilic Safet

I'm not sure who he is. Can you provide his full name?

7 out of 9 top Turkish general have Bosnian roots

I am not sure about that either. I'd be glad if you provided your sources.

there were some 200 000 Bosniaks in Turkey by mid 1850

I'm not sure about that eiher. I have the Ottoman census of early 20th century and at least none of the Anatolian cities have any significant Bosnian population recorded. And about Istanbul, you can't be sure about many people's origins since the city is a true metropole with a totally intermixed population over centuries.

BTW I knew Mirsad Turkcan was of Bosnian descent but the rest are not.

Cem Uzan is also of Bosniak descent

I know, Uzan family is originally from Bosnia I guess. And i don't claim there aren't any Bosnian origined famous people in Turkey, I just say the fact that 5 million is a really exaggerated number. But it doesn't matter, Bosnian people have always played an important role in Turkish state.

Garibim, namima Kerem diyorlar,
Asli'mi el almis, harem diyorlar.
Hastayim, derdime verem diyorlar,
Marasli Seyhoglu Satilmis'im ben.
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 14:54
How about think rationaly, and allow dual ethnicity.Not sure,no, what kinda Turk you are not to know Kilic Safet is head of your airforce.

Wow, im deeply ashamed for you
Ps, even whole Trt is run by Bosniak roots Turks

Towns like Izmir and Istanbul, is where most setlled.Most did assimilate, but in town of 20 000 like Kucukoy near Izmir  where Bosniak came only in 1909 you have signs in Turkish and Bosnian while you enter town

Ps:By the way. are you from Istanbul, and if you dont believe me, i will tell you places to check

Here is what Turk from Istanbul hes got part Bosniak roots wrote

Ps,il copy this in second

Edited by violentjack - 06-Jun-2006 at 15:01
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 14:59
We don't have the official numbers of Bosniak population in Turkiye but i'll say you just the estimated numbers..

The populations of some districts of Istanbul where Bosniaks are living by majority..:

80.000 in Yildirim Mahala
25.000 in Alibeykoy
60.000 in Pendik

There are also some more districts whee Bosniaks are living but not as majority..

Tuzla about 25.000 of total population(100.000)
Umraniye 10.000 of 200.000
Besiktas(Barbaros) 15.000 of 400.000

There are more Bosniaks than these numbers in Istanbul, but these are only the estimated numbers of them that i know. If you ask me, there are not less than 400.000 Bosniaks in Istanbul

Written by Turk by the way

Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 15:06
What matters is Turkish help, support, military and economic assistance in our fight against our ever deadly neighbors who tried and will always try to kill us by the one, like Muslims of al Andalusia.We want Turkish support, military if we are atttacked by foreign country, per say Serbia.

Turgut Ozal was fair man, and i hope you will have more politicians who will look through Ottoman history people, and not leave us high and dry, if some attack by Serbia comes upon us.Especialy look in Balkan

Cem Uzan grandfather was from Bosnian town of Foca, has Turkish meaning, dont know what it means.He was the only one who survived chetnik massacre, and after the war he setlled in Turkey.

Asem Pras real name is Asim Prasovic from Kalesija Bosnia
Hidayet Turkoglu, thats so obvious
Ps:Azra Akin is Bosniak and Turk, real name Azra Ademovic, her grand- grandfather emigrated into then Otttoman empire from Bosnia.
Bashibozuk View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Bashibozuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 11:27
Not sure,no, what kinda Turk you are not to know Kilic Safet is head of your airforce.

Please, just don't humiliate my intellect. Head of our airforces is Orgeneral Faruk Cmert.

Wow, im deeply ashamed for you

Why?Big smile

And how is that?

Garibim, namima Kerem diyorlar,
Asli'mi el almis, harem diyorlar.
Hastayim, derdime verem diyorlar,
Marasli Seyhoglu Satilmis'im ben.
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 12:21
Originally posted by violentjack

What matters is Turkish help, support, military and economic assistance in our fight against our ever deadly neighbors who tried and will always try to kill us by the one, like Muslims of al Andalusia.We want Turkish support, military if we are atttacked by foreign country, per say Serbia.

Turgut Ozal was fair man, and i hope you will have more politicians who will look through Ottoman history people, and not leave us high and dry, if some attack by Serbia comes upon us.Especialy look in Balkan

Cem Uzan grandfather was from Bosnian town of Foca, has Turkish meaning, dont know what it means.He was the only one who survived chetnik massacre, and after the war he setlled in Turkey.

Asem Pras real name is Asim Prasovic from Kalesija Bosnia
Ps:Azra Akin is Bosniak and Turk, real name Azra Ademovic, her grand- grandfather emigrated into then Otttoman empire from Bosnia.

Asim Pars, Azra Akin Cem Uzan etc okay. but I don't know about Hidayet Turkoglu and I have never heard Kilic Safet.

Bosnians are the most friendly people to Turks in Balkans. No doubt. But I think the Bosnian population of Turkey is overstated in your posts.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 15:50
If I am bosniak, I will not call cem uzan as bosniak, but serb. He is a little infamous at Turkey.
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Quote bleda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 16:57
why
il love cem uzan
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Quote bleda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 16:59
violentjack
mostly bosnians lives in sakarya,istanbul and bursa
kusum aydin, i know bosniansLOL
we love our bosnian brothers

Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 17:01
Originally posted by Mila

It is true but he got it wrong.

It was the central part of Sarajevo, an area never conquered by the Serbian soliders. At the beginning of the war they were still spread out across the city - remember when they opened fire on protestors in April of 1992, they were positioned on the roof of the Holiday Inn, in the center of the New Town area. At this time one of them spraypainted "THIS IS SERBIA!" on the Post Office. (Yellow building)

Then someone else spraypainted, "This is a post office, you peasant!" in response.

I thought it was Maria Teresia's, sure looks like it.

OK its a post office but tell me this, why havent i heard the name Bosniak before, like 15 years ago?

Is it hip to call yourselfe Bosniak and not Bosnian? Is it like Serbs and Serbians,is it that?
How does the joke go? The joke about Bosnians Mujo and Haso,or Bosniaks Mujo and Haso? Damn. You can tell me a thosuand times that you are Bosniak but your just another Bosnian to me, you know i didnt mean no disrespect. Just trying to give you a clear perspective on things. I am objective and you know it.

BEING MUSLIM THE BOSNIAN WAY
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 20:18
Hidajet Turkovic is his real name

Turkoglu

His parents are Bosniaks from Sandzak region emigrated into Turkey mid 70,s where Hido was born.

Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 20:21
Dont know i saw General Safet Kilic

Please type in google, and inform yourself, as most of topics about him is in Turkish and i only know how to count and few basics things in Turkish

Cem Uzan is proud Bosniak, his grandfather was the only one who survived Chetnik massacres in Foca,old name was Uzunovic, but he made it short

Ave1 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Ave1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 20:07
As Salam Mila!  I really enjoyed this thread, thanks! 
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2006 at 10:19

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 08:36
Originally posted by violentjack

Bosniak population is around 8 or 9 million
Only in Albania there is some 50 000 Bosniaks,but most declare themself
as other or Albanian from pressure,but when census is done they are
still Bosniak.Some 80% ,rest consider themself as Bosniak.There is town
in Albania with some 20 000 people,more then third of people consider
themself Bosniaks,but with pressure and some respect,for host
Albanians,declare themself as Albanians

There is also town called Debar in Macedonia,where Macedonians dont
count Bosniaks,but just put Gorani or Torbeshi,though those people dont
feel like that

Btw also don't forget our Bosniaks brothers from Kosova (Bosniaks, but not Goranci/Gorani) which live in central, western and soutern Kosovo. Due to Albanian being majority, and that Slavs generally in Kosova were associated with "Christian Orthodoxy" by the majority of Albanians, many Bosniaks have adopted Albanians identity while at the same time conserving the fact of their Bosniak origin. Today you can find in more than 20% of Kosovari Albanians surname to be of Bosniaks/Slavic name and which was modified to become more Albanian like.

Official figures of Gorani (Muslim Slavs) of Kosova is 20,000 while unofficial put them at 50,000 with more than 30,000 having adopted the majority "Albanian" identity, since it's only the religion that unites the majority of Kosovari Albanians, with the Bosniaks and Goranci there.

Edited by Zmaj - 20-Jun-2006 at 08:37
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 12:56
The Goran community say that they speak a bulgarian dialect, and feel bulgaric. Regarding the thousands of bosnians in albania, where did you get this data from? I have two friends with a bosnian origin, and as far as I know there are at max. some 700-1000 bosnians in albania. There is no pressure here, everybody can claim its national background.

And another question, since when Bosnia is a middleeastern country?
Prej heshtjes...!
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 13:48
There's no concensus as to what being Muslim in the Balkans means so everyone, everywhere, is more or less free to decide for themselves which ethnicity they belong to. You can choose Albanian, Bosniak, Gorani, Montenegrin, Serb, Croat, Turk - whatever you want.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>