Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite City
    Posted: 06-Oct-2004 at 22:52

Of course, slip of the finger

That sounds so politely obscene

(Although for Cywr he'd have to slip two.)

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2004 at 04:54
Originally posted by Colchis

New York gets colder than Reykjavik, not on average but in minimum temperature.

Is that the reason you moved to Iceland?
Colchis View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Colchis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2004 at 08:40
Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

Is that the reason you moved to Iceland?

Got me.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2004 at 10:29

Isfahan!

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2004 at 11:25
yes it look slike one of the most beautiful cities but how do you pronounce Isfahan?  Thats like a real toungue twister
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2004 at 11:42

Cape Town, South Africa

Los Angeles, California, USA

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2004 at 14:26

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Isfahan!

Ya, thats one of the ones i want to really go to. Ive read there was an Armenian artisan class there as well, so on top of all the cool Iranian buildings there are some old Armenian buildings too. From Iran i also want to visit Tabriz, Shiraz and Tehran. I might add more if i see more pictures of other cities, but these ones i have to visit for sure if i am able to go. Should make for a really cool trip, if i can ever convince one of my friends to go, lol.

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2004 at 06:22

yes it look slike one of the most beautiful cities but how do you pronounce Isfahan?  Thats like a real toungue twister

Es Fa Han, like Spanish!

Ya, thats one of the ones i want to really go to.

But I don't recommend that you go there in this situation of Iran!

Ive read there was an Armenian artisan class there as well, so on top of all the cool Iranian buildings there are some old Armenian buildings too. From Iran i also want to visit Tabriz, Shiraz and Tehran. I might add more if i see more pictures of other cities, but these ones i have to visit for sure if i am able to go. Should make for a really cool trip, if i can ever convince one of my friends to go, lol.

After Tehran, Isfahan has the second largest Armenian population in Iran, it is inetersting to know that three Players of Iran's junior basketball team (Davit Momjian, Oshin Sahakian and Arn Davoodi), who won Iran's first ever Asian basketball cup some days ago, are Isfahani Armenians. as you said, there are some old Armenian buildings in this city including 13 churches which have been registered as Iran's national monuments.

Vank Cathedral in Isfahan:

Evildoer View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Evildoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2004 at 19:01
Air Strip 1, Oceania.
boody4 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote boody4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2004 at 21:18
Krakow for its historical and unchanged in centuries(as it didn't get destroyed inWW2) beauty! Kocham Krakow! *starts singing polish national anthem* lolol
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2004 at 22:23
Chicago, Illinois and Springfield, Missouri.
Roughneck View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Roughneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2004 at 20:54

Originally posted by Colchis

and New York, because I live here and it's pretty damn cool even though I hate, hate, hate its winter when it goes down to -30C and the windchill strikes!

Those were also record breakers, the coldest since they began keeping track.  And we do get the Gulf Stream effect in New York.  'sides, better than the Lake Effect in Chicago.

[IMG]http://img160.exs.cx/img160/7417/14678932fstore0pc.jpg">
white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2004 at 21:16
Ft. collins Colorado
(perhaps partially due to the fact i live there)
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
Abyssmal Fiend View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Abyssmal Fiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2004 at 22:09

Torgau.

Writing on Monument to commemerate WWII meeting of US and Russian forces.

View of a few random buildings on the Western side of the Markt.

That's where they actually serve Bear as a delicacy. O.o

The only Toy store in Torgau.

One of our four bears...

Can't find a picture of the Castle.

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2004 at 11:13

Tokyo, Athens, city of Rhodes  and Paris

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2004 at 16:40
Poznan, Rome and Dublin
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2004 at 16:48
San Fransisco, Quebec City and my newest favorite Tokyo.
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2004 at 17:17

San Francisco

Guanajuato

Title: Church at nightCanon EOS Rebel XS

Guanajuato panorama

Title: Basilica of Our Lady of GuanajuatoSONY DSC-S75

Title: Guanajuato universitySONY DSC-S75

Title: The ParroquiaSONY DSC-S75

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2004 at 19:15

Bangkok

It's roads run 30 metres above the ground, it's trains 60. Sometimes you can't see the sky. TV screens blare out from the bus stops and digital screen billboards blast commercials from the side of skyscrapers. Smog blurs the horizon, noodle sellers litter the streets, and crowds of crowds flow down down the street while the traffic sits in gridlock. One minute you're standing in the most (post)modern city in the world, around the corner you're in the 19th century.

Ever thought you wandered onto the streets of Blade Runner?

Edited by Paul
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Shifty Russian View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Shifty Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2004 at 00:24

Moscow, Sydney, Singapore - I still have a lot of places to visit - I'd Imagine once i go there, Tokyom Hong Kong and New York would be added to my list.

I'm expecting great thigns from other countries and cities for once i get to them, but from what i know about many different countries and cities - it doesn't seem to me they can out do - the cities listed above.. I understand and know that many different Cities have great history, arcitecturem people and other misc. things. How ever, the cities I mentioned - top the list for me.

I'm Shifty Russian, Suka
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>