Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nuclear war and the world

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nuclear war and the world
    Posted: 29-Sep-2004 at 19:09
Everyone knows that nuclear bombs have caused a threat through history. How do you think this will effect the earth in the future?
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2004 at 19:28

Change landscape, make lands radioactive, add more cancer cases,

Grrr..
fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2004 at 11:24
nothing will happen. A hacker has secretly disabled all Warheads around the world, including the secret ones.
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2004 at 13:24

After the warheads have gone off, people die, melt, vaporise or whatever and after that, some mutant tribes will be formed as only 1% of the world human popualtion survived! They will have minor skirmishes between eachother for years and years. The nuclear dust and radiation will dissipate and the mutated human tribes will die from the new natural habitat. Nature shall rule supreme again and forests and grassy fields will grow upon the once radiated fields of dirt. Man shall be gone from this earth for all eternity and the circle starts again only not homo sapiens sapiens will evolve into the capacity to think, but it will be the allmighty species of rabbit (although that isn't a name for the species i think) and the rabbits will overrun the world and kill all others who oppose them just like man once did. Not even the wolves and bears will survive against the "Allmighty Rabbits"!!!!!! Dum-dum dum-dummmmmmmmm.....

Believe me, it has been scientifically proven that this isn't just a wild theory!!!! And, i wouldn't be surprised if one of the rabbits would sacrifice himself to press the button of the first nuke!!!!!!!!! dum-dum-dum-dummmmmmm...."Be aware of the of the ones who lurk in the forests with long ears, for they will be the doom of man"!!!!!!!  That is a quote that Kong-Fuzi, Jesus and Mohammed have stated.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2004 at 13:51

The nukes go off, people die, melt, vaporise and mutate leaving only 1% of the previous humans intact as mutants. They form clans to survive and major and minor skirmishes, whereever they meet antoher clan, will occur! Then, the atmosphere will return to normal and the former mutants become, well, dead as they can't tolerate the high oxygen levels. Then, nature will rule supreme on Earth and forests and grassy fields will cover the once dead fields of radiated dirt. Then, a new species will start evolving into the hegemony of Earth. And this time it isn't the pathetic homo sapiens sapiens, but the immensly powerful species of rabbits!!!!!!!!!!!  The once known little bunnys, shall overrun Earth in a vicious way, not giving mercy to anyone, not even the powerful bear or wolf. Dum-dum-dum-dummmmmmmm....... "Be aware of the creatur dwelling in the forest with long ears, for it will subdue the man itself." which is a quote from Kong Fuzi!!!!!!! dum-dum-dum-dummmmmmmm........

This is a scientifically proven theory my people!!!!!!

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2004 at 13:52
for the gods, i can't reply, bloody error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2004 at 14:52

nuclear bombs are the best deterent for war, through the cold war there was no devastating WW3, I think nukes and the threat of total destruction is the only thing that can make people receptive to peace....therefore, let the nukes remain throughout the world!!!!!!!!

Anyhoo, if the world did get nukes then it would be all cool like Fallout games!

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2004 at 08:47
Sorry for my 2 similar posts, but an error occured and i rewrote it which also didn't immideatly show up here due to an error and i came to write another(a third) one today and i saw them both as replys,!!!!!!!!
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2004 at 21:35

I love nukes, the physics is amazing, and it's all for a good cause, hurting your enemies.

Member of IAEA
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2004 at 11:47

What, pro-nuclear people??? Are you all wacky?

Evildoer View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Evildoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2004 at 14:37

Nuclear bomb is a dispicable weapon.

I wouldn't say nuclear war will happen any time soon, if it will ever occur. Too many nations are afraid of the consequences that might face firing/dropping this weapon.

Nuclear bombs might deter war in some cases, and in others they will provide an excuse to invade a nation.

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2004 at 15:29

What, pro-nuclear people??? Are you all wacky?

Actually nukes are a very large peacekeeping force in the world. If it wasn't for nukes the US and the Soviet Union probably would have gone to war during the Korean War. Costing millions of lives and millions of dollars. Don't underestimate the diplomatic leverage assured mutual destruction can bring.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2004 at 17:40

Nukes are necessary for the short green eared Martians coming to take over the world .

Nukes are horrible, horrible things.  We should put them all on the moon and have them ready to launch against any incoming asteroids.

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
-William Shakespeare
Evildoer View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Evildoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2004 at 18:23

Janus, Soviet Union was not officially involved in Korean War, although they covertly sent some Migs manned with Soviet Pilots for diplomacy's sake. China was. The Soviets did not even vote against UN military intervention in Korea.

General MacArthur actually wanted to drop something like 10 nukes on China, but American government rejected his crazy ideas.

I hate Oppeneheimer, his ugliness needs to be burst open.

Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2004 at 18:46
To further extend what you said Evildoer, it was mostly America using it's vetoing power in the UN during and after the 1950's...  The Cold War was stupid.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
-William Shakespeare
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2004 at 22:56

Janus, Soviet Union was not officially involved in Korean War, although they covertly sent some Migs manned with Soviet Pilots for diplomacy's sake. China was.

......but if we invaded China and threatened to topple all of communism, how neutral would they have been. Also the US wasn't officially involved in afghanistan but rambo was there.

General MacArthur actually wanted to drop something like 10 nukes on China, but American government rejected his crazy ideas.

Actually it was mostly truman who rejected MacArthur 1, although with good reason since the man was an ass. I think he had an idea of using nuclear bombs to bust up beachheads so marines could land with minimal resistance. (They didn't know about the cancer causing aspect yet.)

1. I know truman technically counts as the government so I'll give that one to you.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Evildoer View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Evildoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2004 at 18:27

You mean Afghan-Soviet War? But that was not even near to provoking a full scale war between the two superpowers. Those anti-American anti-Soviet weapon supplying programs were more than common in Cold War.

Stalin and Mao really hated eachother, and China and Soviet Union was getting more and more hostile. It eventually lead to an open border warfare, although it was later on. I wouldn't think that.

Americans did not even have the will to defeat North Koreans. They could not have invaded China considering the amount of initiative they had. Even though their casualties only rose to 50,000 they were too glad to end the war.

Oh, I knew it was Truman. I hate the b*stard so much I cannot give him credit for anything that is good or humanitarian lol!  MacArthur may be a fascist but I like him better to that beak-nosed ignorant petty merchant.

Edited by Evildoer
Shifty Russian View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Shifty Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2004 at 09:20

Going back to the original question...

It's not likely that nukes are to be used again... how ever, since there are so many of the damn things around, its there's an outside chance that a terrorist or someone nutty could let one off - - - Russian had enough nukes to blow the world 4 times over (so i saw in a doc.)

I'm Shifty Russian, Suka
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2004 at 11:21
There was also a documenatary about the security of nukes in Russia. They showed a compound where nukes were held and it had zero guards or any security and the fence had large strips gone so a specially prepaired grouping could walk in there without any special tech and take a few on their trucks......scary!!!
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2004 at 14:22

At this period China was practically a SOviet puppet state, the reason why the Soviet Union did not get move involved was the threat of nuclear war.  Nukes have saved more lives than any force ont eh planet barring medical practitioners.  They prevented me and y family from being wiped out in what would have been a far more bloody invasion of Japan in WW2, they prevented the Korean war from exploding out of control, and they have prevented war of Cuba.

To think that the world would be better off witout nukes is a lack of historical perspective blinded by idealism.  If nukes had existed i the posesion of the major powers of pre-WW1 world, there may have been no WW one, and hence WW2 and many others after that.

Originally posted by Evildoer

Janus, Soviet Union was not officially involved in Korean War, although they covertly sent some Migs manned with Soviet Pilots for diplomacy's sake. China was. The Soviets did not even vote against UN military intervention in Korea.

I hate Oppeneheimer, his ugliness needs to be burst open.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>