Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next king super power.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next king super power.
    Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 12:35
Originally posted by Paul

The EU should be the world's only super power now. It has by far the most powerful economy in the world, but can't get it act together at any other level.

By 2020-2030 it will have doubled in population and incorperated most of the old Warsaw Pact and will stretch from Iceland to the Pacific it will match China and India for population and oustrip them combined for resources. But will it have solved it's unity problems?

Now you made me laugh. EU is sick and its situation soon will become worse because it keep decreasing. The birth rate in all EU countries, old and new is terrible. Soon Europe will become the place where live only old people. It will ruin both its strange and economy.  And Russia will never fit to the EU requirements. Nor it want to join EU.

Edited by Mosquito
faram View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote faram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 13:02
Republic of Nauru They are developing nuclear weapons which will help to create the Nauru Empire...
maersk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote maersk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 13:13
canada
"behold, vajik, khan of the magyars, scourge of the pannonian plain!"
fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 13:44
Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

Originally posted by fastspawn

Jalisco,

I don't understand your first statement, you have to back it up. I do understand that demand for resources is increasing, and that is a natural part of industrialization. Anyway, hopefully in 20 years time, we will have invented cold fusion. (accordingly we have heard reports of it being already discovered, just that the major oil companies have bought over the rights and patents, and intend to hold it in order to gain the most advantage over it). John Kerry, in one of his speeches, has called for the funding in researching "alternative fuel sources", something Bush doesn't want because his family is in Oil.

Second Statement, i understand, but that is why China is not releasing the peg yet, they have many contingency plans, and will release it when everything is in place.

Fastspawn:

really simple. I was helping out a company located in San Francisco to locate metal scrap in Mexico to send to China. The price of the steel increased tremendously because the high demand in China. Even the pricing of the houses raised 5% because the current pricing for the metal commodities.

Im working also wiht companies located in China. I have experienced decommitments on the deliveries for electronic products, because the electric power is rationalized between the industries on the area, specially at Shen Zen.

Perhaps you might actually want to read past my first line to understand what i am saying. I am saying it is only natural that countries that are industrializing will have an increase in demand.

Anyway, you might want to back up statements with actual statistics instead of anecdotal evidence.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 14:24

I think America will remain the most powerful state for at least a century or two. 

I think the French and Germans might try to get more powerful and that might put strains on the EU, perhaps making it bicker and not making it great and powerful. 

China will be more powerful, but I think they'll peak pretty soon.  China's progress is due to cheap labor which will get more expensive if workers demand more pay, and it's mainly due to foreign investment, and not domestic expansion.  I also don't think there growth rates will continue, there only growing so fast because they have such a gap to cover.  They aren't talking about sustained growth.  They'll also get more problems with democratic movements as time goes on.  I think they might be like Russia after the Napoleonic wars in that respect; a strong disposition but growing tension at home.

I can see India becoming more powerful and I can see India and America allying against the Chinese, probably with Russian support.

I think Russia will become more powerful because they have always maintained a strong position.  They will certainly not like how powerful the EU is, and probably also not have good relations with China.

Brazil I can see becoming modestly more powerful.

Member of IAEA
maersk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote maersk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 14:49
yea, i can see india outstripping china in growth within 10 years.
"behold, vajik, khan of the magyars, scourge of the pannonian plain!"
Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 18:41
Edit:  Post out of order...

Edited by Kubrat
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
-William Shakespeare
Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2004 at 15:16
Russia is facing way too many internal problems to become a world superpower again.  China's economy is being slowed down by its government on purpose, and the EU is facing the same problems as Russia.

The only nation I see which might become a superpower soon is India, due to the fact that it has no foreign issues which might damp its domestic growth.
-William Shakespeare
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2004 at 16:41
something is wrong with the ordering of posts in this forum....
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2004 at 16:42
Very observant of you
Arrrgh!!"
Evildoer View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Evildoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2004 at 19:58

All of these superpowers or to be superpowers are fighting little wars of their own currently.

America: Al-Qaeda

Russia: Chechenya

India: Kashmir

China: Muslim provinces

TMPikachu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote TMPikachu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2004 at 20:24
Originally posted by Evildoer

All of these superpowers or to be superpowers are fighting little wars of their own currently.

America: Al-Qaeda

Add to that list Iraq and 'Terror'

I think the 2008 Beijing olympics will decide. If China wins the most gold, then they are guaranteed leader of the future.

It won't be a one power world though, like the US>everyone else. I see things as China/US/EU being somewhat balanced out, with China in lead.

In... 50 years. 100 just to be polite.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2004 at 20:37
errr, wtf do olympic medals have to do with this?
Arrrgh!!"
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2004 at 14:01

"I can see India becoming more powerful"

You do realize that India has domestic growth is solely do to the reason that their integration and system as a whole is too backward for foregin investment of large amount, so When India finished building their integration and domestic growth, they would also require foreign investment and would have been no different from China, everything is not as simple as depicted, India would grow longer than China because it is more backward, China is only growing faster than U.S. because China is more backward, in the end, the U.S. will remain dominant when both India and China reach a certain limit, at least this century and possibly the next. 

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2004 at 17:06
India is economically backwards but China is politically backwards.  Looking at the history of western Europe its the politically more free that reach economic sucess sooner and in a more powerfull fashion, England compared to say Spain is a good example.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Evildoer View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Evildoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2004 at 17:46
True... but Indian political system is clogged with corruption - although it is suppose to be democratic.
TMPikachu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote TMPikachu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2004 at 18:49

Originally posted by Cywr

errr, wtf do olympic medals have to do with this?

Nothing really.

Just think about this tho', when a country gets the most gold in the olympics, what position in the world is it in?

Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2004 at 18:55
Yeah, but the EU isn't fighting any wars.

I don't know what he means by the olympic medals either... Bulgaria always evens out in about the top 20, sometimes top 10 in the olympics.  Does that mean it is in the 20 most powerful and wealthy nations?  Heck no!
-William Shakespeare
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2004 at 19:05
Just think about this tho', when a country gets the most gold in the olympics, what position in the world is it in?

So what position in the World is Australia in?
Arrrgh!!"
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2004 at 21:20

"India is economically backwards but China is politically backwards.  Looking at the history of western Europe its the politically more free that reach economic sucess sooner and in a more powerfull fashion, England compared to say Spain is a good example."

No, according to writing of many top U.S. East Asian analysis, India's government is less successful than China's. They could not handle a lot of their nation's problems whereupon the more centralized Chinese government could execute their measures more effectively. India is in fact more politically backwards. Studying western Europe is a flaw, its whole society is different, for one it has a larger middle class and its trading required the rise of capitalism.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>