Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next king super power.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next king super power.
    Posted: 27-Sep-2004 at 15:27

Europes time is over, they had their time, and all they could ever do was fight constantly and screw everyone over,  they are washed up, ad so will America in 50-100 years.

China is expanding but no where near as fast as people say, its current governmnet being evil oppressive and corrupt will have to go before it becoes a world power.

Iida I beleive, will make it there first.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2004 at 15:28

[/QUOTE]

Now you made me laugh. EU is sick and its situation soon will become worse because it keep decreasing. The birth rate in all EU countries, old and new is terrible. Soon Europe will become the place where live only old people.

[/QUOTE]

Britain takes in between a quarter of a million and half a million legal immigrants per year from commonwealth countries, all young. This will substantially increase over the next few years with and influx from eastern Europe too. France also has similar immigration statistics and Germany is coming round. There is many times the projected labour shortfall clammering to get in from Asia and Africa and enough EU member states willing to open the door. The  only countries that will suffer from a shortage of youth are the more xenophobic eastern countries. Still europe will need a retirement home and Poland could just be the place!

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2004 at 15:29
Originally posted by Mosquito

Originally posted by Paul

The EU should be the world's only super power now. It has by far the most powerful economy in the world, but can't get it act together at any other level.

By 2020-2030 it will have doubled in population and incorperated most of the old Warsaw Pact and will stretch from Iceland to the Pacific it will match China and India for population and oustrip them combined for resources. But will it have solved it's unity problems?

Now you made me laugh. EU is sick and its situation soon will become worse because it keep decreasing. The birth rate in all EU countries, old and new is terrible. Soon Europe will become the place where live only old people. It will ruin both its strange and economy.  And Russia will never fit to the EU requirements. Nor it want to join EU.

Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2004 at 17:25
Originally posted by maersk

yea, i can see india outstripping china in growth within 10 years.

actually, we already have. the last quater of 2003 saw india have over a 10% growth, and the first quater figures, which have finally come through, posted a growth rate above seven.

China and India are the top dogs for the job. historically, they've always had a high output. just before european imperealism started, india and china accounted for about 50% of the economic output, and about 30-40% of the worlds population.

Economies tend tend to work in cycles, and i think that we are nearing the age of china and india once again.

people keep on talking about brazil, but frankly i know nothing about hte brazilian economy, can someone post some details about them (i've always had an interest in brazil, but never acutally took it further than words, so no time like the present i guess).
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2004 at 17:28

actually, we already have. the last quater of 2003 saw india have over a 10% growth, and the first quater figures, which have finally come through, posted a growth rate above seven.

China and India are the top dogs for the job. historically, they've always had a high output. just before european imperealism started, india and china accounted for about 50% of the economic output, and about 30-40% of the worlds population.

Economies tend tend to work in cycles, and i think that we are nearing the age of china and india once again.

people keep on talking about brazil, but frankly i know nothing about hte brazilian economy, can someone post some details about them (i've always had an interest in brazil, but never acutally took it further than words, so no time like the present i guess).
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2004 at 17:28

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2004 at 17:27
Who do you think will be the next world superpower?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2004 at 17:30
China
TMPikachu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote TMPikachu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2004 at 17:49

China, given time.

The Prime Minister Mentor of Singapore says so!

I think the world will be less of a sole superpower playground. The US isn't going to magically shrink, and the EU's making progress (I think, I really don't know)

In 4 years, with the Beijing Olympics, we'll be able to feel the difference. In 10 years, in 20 years, in 50, in 100, the Middle Kingdom is returning to its position on the top of the world. 

Brazil is also a nation I see playing a bigger role in the future.

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2004 at 20:19
China most assuredly all other regions are stagnating under existing industries. Basically any place that has room for new industries will become a major world power in the future.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2004 at 22:05
China, India and Brazil are the standard favourites, though i think blocks will have a larger role in the future, maybe even trading blocks.
Arrrgh!!"
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2004 at 22:47

China is exhausting their natural resources.

Once their exchange rate will be adjusted to the real exchange, then they will be in real troubles.

India is investing a lot in education.

Brazil has large natural resources.

fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2004 at 11:22
Jalisco,

I don't understand your first statement, you have to back it up. I do understand that demand for resources is increasing, and that is a natural part of industrialization. Anyway, hopefully in 20 years time, we will have invented cold fusion. (accordingly we have heard reports of it being already discovered, just that the major oil companies have bought over the rights and patents, and intend to hold it in order to gain the most advantage over it). John Kerry, in one of his speeches, has called for the funding in researching "alternative fuel sources", something Bush doesn't want because his family is in Oil.

Second Statement, i understand, but that is why China is not releasing the peg yet, they have many contingency plans, and will release it when everything is in place.
John Doe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote John Doe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 05:50
India, Japan, Brazil, Indonesia and Germany are all seeking a permanent seat on the UN security council....

I can understand most, but please, not Germany, three Europeans powers is too much...
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 06:04

I can understand most, but please, not Germany, three Europeans powers is too much...

How about we get rid of one of the europeans then.......heck lets get rid of the US position instead........or better yet no more permanent seat since it's all a load of crap.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 07:32
Originally posted by JanusRook

or better yet no more permanent seat since it's all a load of crap.

AMEN!!!

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 07:47
Germany and Japan between them account for slightly more than a quarter of UN funding, i think thats a good reason to include both of them.
Besides, it doesn't really matter where they are, claims that having one on each continent is more representiative is just feelgood crap, its all down to wealth ultimatly.
Arrrgh!!"
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 10:36

Originally posted by fastspawn

Jalisco,

I don't understand your first statement, you have to back it up. I do understand that demand for resources is increasing, and that is a natural part of industrialization. Anyway, hopefully in 20 years time, we will have invented cold fusion. (accordingly we have heard reports of it being already discovered, just that the major oil companies have bought over the rights and patents, and intend to hold it in order to gain the most advantage over it). John Kerry, in one of his speeches, has called for the funding in researching "alternative fuel sources", something Bush doesn't want because his family is in Oil.

Second Statement, i understand, but that is why China is not releasing the peg yet, they have many contingency plans, and will release it when everything is in place.

Fastspawn:

really simple. I was helping out a company located in San Francisco to locate metal scrap in Mexico to send to China. The price of the steel increased tremendously because the high demand in China. Even the pricing of the houses raised 5% because the current pricing for the metal commodities.

Im working also wiht companies located in China. I have experienced decommitments on the deliveries for electronic products, because the electric power is rationalized between the industries on the area, specially at Shen Zen.

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 11:05

The EU should be the world's only super power now. It has by far the most powerful economy in the world, but can't get it act together at any other level.

By 2020-2030 it will have doubled in population and incorperated most of the old Warsaw Pact and will stretch from Iceland to the Pacific it will match China and India for population and oustrip them combined for resources. But will it have solved it's unity problems?

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 11:21
Hmm, the EU would have to expand a lot to rival China/India's population. All of Europe is just short of 700 million IIRC, and Russia isn't gonna join in a hurry, which knocks it back to 500 million or so, throw in a theoretical Turkey joining (more likely than Russia IMHO), and you could round it off at 600 mil, tops.
Plus politicly its a non-starter, i don't see individual EU members giving up their right to have their own foriegn policy anytime soon.
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>