Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPan-Aryanism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pan-Aryanism
    Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 07:37
Be careful Iranian,  Don't  follow Arbian gulf Propaganda
We'll be bannedDead
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 07:44
well,  I said  1st  make  Iranian nation
Religion is the only thing that unites Muslims (the predominant religion of Iranian speaking peoples across the world.)

may unite moslims but separate others
check it:
Parsi: http://www.baztab.ir/news/30794.php

or Iran & Iraq relation:
Parsi: http://www.baztab.ir/news/30916.php

Edited by Land of Aryan
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 08:14
Alborz, please leave AE yourself before we ban you!
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 08:25

All the European nations are also Aryan (I'm not sure about the Basques - over to Maju on that one). So is Northern India.

You can't be 'pan-Aryan' if you only focus on one branch of the family.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 09:26

He means the historical word from which Iran was derived in the first millenium.

If you want to label a movement "Pan-Aryan" or "Pan-Anything" it attracts the wrong types of attitude which will look down on people who are not considered as part of such a movement. And if any such movement were to rise it would have to promote understanding and respect for all peoples of the region if it was to succeed in the long run and make a positive impact on Iranic countries.  I do not support any Anschloss like visions only ones which promote culture and work to the mutual economic benefit of all involved states.

And Azimuth, Persians did not name it "The Persian Gulf" that is hte historical name and it is recognised by two UN directives.

Edited by Zagros
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 09:35
The problems/questions I have with this pan iranian idea;

On who's terms would this uniting be in? Persians?
What would be the lingua franca? If Farsi why not pushtun?
What other common ground apart from an idea of common background?

This sound more like a pan-persian idea, if im right then very independant minded; kurds, pushtuns, baluchi or even tadziks may not agree on this type thinking.

By legitimising pan Iranian logic dont you see this legitimises pan-turks and pan arabs? would you had over turkish and arab speaking regions for iranian ones or just keep those anyway?

On the idea of Islam as a uniting factor. i thought Islam go beyonds ethnic distinction so how can that be used in a pan-ethnic idealogy? What about Iranians that are Sunni?

I say, think it through more carefully before you suggest such things.

Edited by Leonidas
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 09:44

The only way I could see such a thing working would be in a confederate context where what you said wouldn't be quite an issue.

Edited by Zagros
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 10:28
Zagros, actaully i thought that a while ago.

It would be the only way you can get a buy-in from the other groups. Iran would have to let go of some central powers, lets say eductaion, internal security and so forth, giving the others more say and control on their own affairs. In return; a confederal pact on mutual defense, EU type open borders/currency  and a NATO type command that ties in the military units into one force, that only looks out to external (non shared) borders.

First hurdle, the mullahs and theocracy. Next would be getting persians to give back some central control to other groups. Then you would have to convince Iranian people from places like afghanistan, kurdistan to belive they would be better off by joining.

I actauly like such a idea, its got nothing to do with religion and its looser structure preserves the variety within the broader Iranic group.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 10:40

As far as I was concerned above, all countries would remain independent but in an EU/NATO type framework which still accommodates their sovereignty.

And the primary hurdle is the Perso-Azeri Mullahcracy in Tehran, then tribalism and xenophobia.

Edited by Zagros
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 10:56
It would be easier to cede control from within, than create countries from without. I would say we have a very similar idea though. Tribalism and xenophobia would be really hard to break, esp in the romote parts. Not having a stab at persians, but persian chuavism could be added as a hurdle to.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 11:38
Originally posted by azimuth

about the Persian/Arabian Gulf.

as i said Persian changed from its older name ( did it hurt them to pronounce the old names of the gulf )

now Arabs decided to change it from the persian one. so they are doing like the persian did.

"Persian Gulf" or "Persian Sea" were used by Arabic cartographers from the 9th century and on, so exactly when did the Iranians managed to get the name change?
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 11:40

sometime BC

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 11:55
So you seriously mean the Arabs are complaining about a name change that supposedly* happened more than 2,000 years ago?

* supposedly since you can't produce something less vague than "sometime BC", or an earlier name, which makes the whole issue seems like childish peacocking to me.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 12:02

sometime BC

Azimuth, we don't live  in "sometimes BC" anymore. We are civilized people with respect for laws. Persian Gulf is recognised by two UN directives and so this is the official name for this Gulf. Arabs couldn't change this, only if they are fancy with it.

You know for sure changing of persian gulf to Arabian gulf is an anti iranian politic, and i await from a moderator don't support any kind of politics in this forum and establish a flame war. 

Edited by Maziar
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 12:04

So what was the khalij called before the Persians came along and decided to name a gulf after themselves to piss the Arabs on the other side off?

I doubt the Persians called it the Persian gulf and if they did it would have been after their own Province of Parsa rather than an ethnic designation.  We call the Caspian Sea Darya ye Mazandaran (or Mazandaran Sea, after the province).

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 12:12

lol

Arabs are not complaining about a name change or anything, they just decided to change the name from Persian to Arabian.

and as i said before this gulf had one of the oldest civilizations on earth, made kingdoms and empires and these kingdoms and empires called that Gulf different names so far i know that it was called "The Bitter Sea" and "The Lower Sea" and these names were before Persian had their first empire.

my whole point is that this gulf wasn't called Persian Gulf all the time, it had older names too.

so calling it with a different name now isn't something new.

anyway i explained my opinion about this issue  here

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6127& ;PN=4

so lets not deviate from "this" thread's topic more than this and if you wish to continue plz do it in the link above.

Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 12:18
I agree with Azimuth.I'm anxiously waiting for my turn to contribute so lets focus on the topic.
Jai Badri Vishal
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 14:45

Arabs are not complaining about a name change or anything, they just decided to change the name from Persian to Arabian.    

Nice decisionClap
But when Did arabs decide to change name??
Sometime AD??

my whole point is that this gulf wasn't called Persian Gulf all the time, it had older names too.

so calling it with a different name now isn't something new.

ok, Azimut, If the changing name is usual act, then we may decide change name of southern coast of PERSIAN gulf to land of paranoiaLOLWink

anyway i explained my opinion about this issue  here

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6127& ; ; ; ; ; ;PN=4

so lets not deviate from "this" thread's topic more than this and if you wish to continue plz do it in the link above

I think first you deviated

about the persian gulf, the Persians did change the name of that gulf as their liking too what makes it so hard to get when Arab states who have the larger area of that gulf deciding to change it to their liking?    
]

hey admins, there is no law for a moderetor which don't recpect to role no.6
6. Nationalism, derogatory remarks to national or ethnic groups, jingoism, bigotry, racism, political propaganda. (see below)

& make nationalism struggle

Edited by Land of Aryan
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 15:42

Originally posted by Land of Aryan

Nice decisionClap
But when Did arabs decide to change name??
Sometime AD??

Edited by Maziar
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 17:28
I hereby declare that the Arabian Sea be renamed as the Sea of Iran and that the Gulf of Oman be renamed as "Persian Gulf II"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>