Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Riot police vs Roman soldiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Riot police vs Roman soldiers
    Posted: 22-Nov-2005 at 22:26

I don't about other countries but French police can field those armoured vehicle. So they just run over the romans and that's it, the romans will flee-- terrorised by the metallic beasts.

Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2005 at 22:30

Originally posted by Paul

Roman Ballistas would present quite a problem for the riot squad. Anyway if a bunch of anarchists can beat up the police I'm sure a Roman legion could do it without breaking sweat.

Yea but they are not allowed to run over the anarchists with armoured vehicle or trample them to death.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2005 at 17:30
romans would think the large demonic beasts as demons from the underworld, rally to thier religous faith, and set the beasts to the flame! and shoot them with ballistas.....or open up the doors and destroy the occupants.
people are the emotions of other people

(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2005 at 20:59

Again armoured vehicles are somewhat unfair, I think it should be reduced primarily to riot police on foot against legionaries on foot, I dont think vehicles or roman artillery should be included. Simply riot police with batons, tazers whatever they have their shields and whatever body armour they get + helmet against legionaries face to face.

Again I doubt any riot police unit (the criteria I spelled out) on the planet has an answer to drilled and trained heavy infantry, though I suppose they never had that in mind when they train riot police .

Edited by Heraclius
A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2005 at 05:19

don't forget tear gas..

sticking onions in all 7 of your facial holes would be nothing compared to tear gas

[URL=http://imageshack.us]
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2005 at 07:57
Originally posted by Paul

Anyway if a bunch of anarchists can beat up the police I'm sure a Roman legion could do it without breaking sweat.

are you talking out of experience?
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2005 at 20:46
I pick riot police because if their armor can stop some bullets, then it can stop the gladius.

Baron
Baron

Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2005 at 11:35
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? the kevlar is built to stop bullets, blunt, not sharp, fast moving bullets. kevlar is like tissue paper compared to a sickle sharp gladius. plus, kevlar dosent always work.

.....or an alien..
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2005 at 12:54
If the policemen did not have good enough armor, tehn the Romans would win. The Romans versus armed policeman would get their butts kicked.

Baron
Baron

Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2005 at 13:51
WHAT!?!?! PLEASE MAN! whats your proof? give us your reason why

.....or an alien..
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2005 at 13:54
Let's see. Policemen with guns scare the Romans. Romans run away. The End.

I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2005 at 22:16

AlbinoAlien:

Kevlar is the vest, which won't stop blades.
the bulletproof shield is the hand-held shield which will stop blades

Emperor Barbarossa:

I did say nonlethal weapons only for the police.. guns would make it too easy

Edited by I/eye
Baron
Baron

Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2005 at 22:45
yep. and romans could easily push those shields outta the way.

.....or an alien..
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2005 at 13:53
C'mon, how would the police be able to kill Roman soldiers with weapons that are nonlethal. That is just biased towards the Romans.

Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2005 at 15:10

This contest is biased from the off if guns are involved anyway, its like comparing the Roman army to the modern British army and just saying well the British could just get a machine gun ouw and mow them down so the Romans clearly suck or perhaps just throw a few grenades in.

A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2005 at 19:15
What I am saying is is that there is no way the police and kill Romans with non-killing weapons. That is the bias of this thread.

Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2005 at 19:22
Obviously if the police only have nightsticks, the romans would win. But otherwise, the Romans are toast.

I don't think ballistas and bows can beat mp5's.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2005 at 19:43
What if they are U.K. police, are all druids, and are allowed to carry swords around because of a law there allowing it. Then would they be allowed to face the Romans?

I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 03:11

well the question I was thinking of was could they disable a roman force with non-lethal weaponry?

helmet, shield, baton, teargas grenade/spray, pepperspray/pellets, water cannon, rubber bullet-guns, tasers, netguns, immobilizing foam, stink bombs, and according to wiki, apparently there are now lasers that blind and dazzle rioters, low frequency sound cannons that can cause internal discomfort to rioters, and microwave generators (I don't know how this would be used)

oh and better knowldge of enemy

Edited by I/eye
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 11:34
It depends on how much of that stuff they have.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>