Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dura Europos, Ancient Inscription

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Online Status: Offline
  Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dura Europos, Ancient Inscription
    Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 12:42

This is an ancient inscription that found in 100.a.d. in the Dura-Europos, Syria.
Ambrozic known for the theoy of the Veneti/Protoslavic language had claim that translated it:

http://www.prah.net/europaveneta/veneti%202001/bryant-abraha m%2002%2009%2021.htm

Charles Bryant-Abraham, PhD, FSO (citation, at the very end of the text):

"Parallel to the on-going analysis of the Venetic 'inscriptions, a thorough search must be undertaken throughout the Balkan Peninsula for all extant lapidary evidence of its former presence there. Foremost - and I have called attention to this elsewhere - an investigation must be made of all inscriptions associated with the age of Philip of Macedon preceding the Hellenization of his son, Alexander, under the tutelage of Aristotle. The close collaboration of Macedonian and Greek scholars must be solicited and sustained for this effort. We are encouraged in this direction by the findings of Anton Ambroi who has successfully demonstrated Venetic presence in the Hellenistic city, Dura-Europos, founded by Alexander in the Syrian desert and destroyed by the Sassanids in AD 256, some 400 years before the supposed first penetration of Slavs into the Balkan Peninsula.These Venetic inscriptions from Dura-Europos lend weighty if still circumstantial evidence to my original conjecture that Alexander and his Macedonian people may very well have been Veneti. If this does prove to be the case, then the Macedonian people today will have every justifiable reason to reclaim their own linguistic patrimony."

any body knows about this issue?

Is that a venetic or something else?

such as what is the meaning of this because the letters as shown up are Latin and Greeks Thanks

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 15:18
it's pretty obvious that it's greek
i mean as far as i can see
it says it was made by zinovios for mithras (it's a dedication in other words)
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Online Status: Offline
  Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 15:24

also one  more  page

Post Reply Post Reply