Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do Muslims view the Baha段 Faith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
PrznKonectoid View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote PrznKonectoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do Muslims view the Baha段 Faith
    Posted: 10-Nov-2005 at 23:03
Well what did you expect, most Muslims treat Bahai with contempt and intolerance.
Want to know more on ancient Iran?
http://www.parsaworld.com
or join our forums
FORUM
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2005 at 20:44
Originally posted by Arpad

Hi im wondering what the fellow Muslims knew and viewed about the Baha'i faith. I know hardcore Islamic people in Iran hate us and denounce us but am wondering how it is around the other Islamic cultures and countries.

We don't drink alcohol, no sex before marriage, pray to God, believe in 1 God, believe in all past religions of God (ie., Judaism, Christianity, Islam )we have obligatory prayers etc.

We are not an Islamic sect for those who don't know about the Baha'i Faith, the religion is an independant one and started 150 years ago in Persia, we have >6 million followers world-wide. We believe also in the Oness of God, Equality of Men and Women, Oness of humanity, abolition of racsim, predjudice, Oness of Religion, we have no Clerics like (priest, Imam etc) we believe in Independant investigation of the truth, to name a few.

Any way tell me how your views are, don't feel shy to post your OWN opinions. Thanks

Arpad.

I have a few Iranian Bahai friends and find them very friendly and outgoing.  All of them do drink alcohol, eat pork, and are relatively the same nature and quality as average Americans. 

I did know that faithful Bahais do not drink Alcohol?  I find that very interesting. 

I also know an American converto to Bahai faith, she keeps a little pamphlet she gives to anybody who is interested in joining the movement.  I personally think Bahaism is not for me, because my culture, and the way I lived my life would fall contradictory to Bahai teachings.  In Islam, we do not believe in anymore prophets after Muhammad, and we dont believe that Bahullah was the Mehdi either.

I find that the majority of Muslims I knowm even Iranians (who are Muslim), consider Bahaism as a cult, and a religion created by the British and associated with Freemasonry.

I dont find much validity in that because I am ignorant on the teachings of Bahaullah and will not believe anything  until I read it & research it for myself.

From what I have heard about it though, I think one day Bahaism will become a world religion because of its entirely tolerant and lax nature.  It offers a guilt free answer, believe in One God, but also keeps the door open to answers found in other world religions, and lets the person decide his own leanings.  Its very appealing, especially in the United States and Europe where secularism wil fall hand in hand with Bahai teachings.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2005 at 09:56
thanks for that Cahaya.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2005 at 09:30

to answer... komnenos question look at this webpage:

http://www.bahai.org/

got QnA section u can look for some basic answer.. which i am too looking at it now....

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2005 at 09:05
I'm not a Muslim and therefore not asked for an opinion.

But in any case, could you give us a bit more info on the Baha'i faith, about it's origin's and history, about it's influences and it's organisation.
Thanks!
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2005 at 09:01

Hi im wondering what the fellow Muslims knew and viewed about the Baha'i faith. I know hardcore Islamic people in Iran hate us and denounce us but am wondering how it is around the other Islamic cultures and countries.

We don't drink alcohol, no sex before marriage, pray to God, believe in 1 God, believe in all past religions of God (ie., Judaism, Christianity, Islam )we have obligatory prayers etc.

We are not an Islamic sect for those who don't know about the Baha'i Faith, the religion is an independant one and started 150 years ago in Persia, we have >6 million followers world-wide. We believe also in the Oness of God, Equality of Men and Women, Oness of humanity, abolition of racsim, predjudice, Oness of Religion, we have no Clerics like (priest, Imam etc) we believe in Independant investigation of the truth, to name a few.

Any way tell me how your views are, don't feel shy to post your OWN opinions. Thanks

Arpad.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234