Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buddhism and Ancient Iran

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buddhism and Ancient Iran
    Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 21:21

I think this would make a great topic.  I have lots of information in Books about the Scythic Buddhist relics left in Afghanistan and Northwestern Pakistan, Kashgar, etc.  There was a merging of Sassanian art and Buddhist Art.  I will show pictures and type out of some of these splendid works that have been found in this region.  One of the articles I found was a script written in the ancient Bactrian language, that was then translated by Scholars.

Your thoughts on Buddhism in Iran, could it be revived?

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2005 at 10:15

Interesting topic.

Revived?  Well if there was religious freedom and it was promoted in some way as to bring it to people's atention then I am sure there are many Iranians who would find the concept of Buddhism very self compatible.

Edited by Zagros
 Post Reply Post Reply