Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwhat comes first? your Religion or your Nationality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which comes first
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [42.86%]
8 [57.14%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
oTToMAn_TurK View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: what comes first? your Religion or your Nationality
    Posted: 05-Nov-2005 at 19:44

Originally posted by erci

I have another question for you.say you have the chance to save a man between an Arab and a Turk who you don't know either one of them.what you only know is their nationality and religion.you can not save both,  Which one would you save?

LOL, anser my question first and then il anser urs  

edit: my purpose with the earlier question wasnt to put anyone in the spot. it was to identify wich is mor important nationality or religion (which is relevant to the topic).

the question u asked has no relevance to the topic and i dont no wat ur purpose is, but if u anser my question il still anser it dw.

Edited by oTToMAn_TurK
Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2005 at 20:01
to me both religion and nationality are far different objects.if you'd ask which religion comes first I could answer your question easier.I voted for nationality but it doesn't mean religion comes second.maybe I shouldn't even have voted 

Edited by erci
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2005 at 22:46
Nationality, hands down.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2005 at 23:06

it's a tough one.

to put it in a football context, if a catholic XI (my schooling) played England I'd be screeming for Rooney to do a Roy Keane on the pope at right back.

However if we changed that to an Atheist XI vs the England team, I would definately have leaning towards the godless. And possibly in a friendly I'd support them, but not in the world cup.

If we changed that from football to war. The British army vs an Athiest army, I'd definately be on the side of the Atheists. Then again I'm currently on the Iraqi insurgents side so that's not saying a lot.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2005 at 23:13
Originally posted by Paul

it's a tough one.

to put it in a football context, if a catholic XI (my schooling) played England I'd be screeming for Rooney to do a Roy Keane on the pope at right back.

However if we changed that to an Atheist XI vs the England team, I would definately have leaning towards the godless. And possibly in a friendly I'd support them, but not in the world cup.

If we changed that from football to war. The British army vs an Athiest army, I'd definately be on the side of the Atheists. Then again I'm currently on the Iraqi insurgents side so that's not saying a lot.

Very well explained Paul.

Jai Badri Vishal
ISLAMIC EMPIRE View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 01:52
when we die, nationality is not going to have a role in ANYTHING it is something so insignificant it doesnt even matter ... weather your a atheist or a religion you still have belief. for eg. atheists believe there is no God and believe when they die everything is fiinished and disappears on the other hand religions like islam, christianity and judiasm believe everyone returns to their creator after death ... and the religions should know that nationality isnt going to matter and also that this life is a test, we didnt choose to be in a nation, like me turk, i didnt choose it, God chose everything for us but gave us the mind to choose the correct belief, and through this chooses for us paradise or hell ...
life it seems will fade away
drifting farther every day
all i gotta do is pray
nothing matters, no-one else
simply nothing more to give
there is nothing more for me
i need the end to set me free
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 01:57
Maybe this thread should be moved to another forum?

Intellectual discussion perhaps?
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 03:45

I think the point about the upbringing of a child is only true to a certain extent. I know many who have converted to Islam who are more religious than the avarage Muslim. This is common among those that convert to Islam.

Even with Turkish Cypriots many of whom are not raised religiously, but when they find Islam in adulthood are firm to the rulings of Islam.

Edited by OSMANLI
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 09:57
Originally posted by OSMANLI

I think the point about the upbringing of a child is only true to a certain extent. I know many who have converted to Islam who are more religious than the avarage Muslim. This is common among those that convert to Islam.

Even with Turkish Cypriots many of whom are not raised religiously, but when they find Islam in adulthood are firm to the rulings of Islam.

thats true . i know a couple of americans that converted and they are very pious.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12