Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AB - A New Project of AE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB - A New Project of AE
    Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 03:11
I read AB and i thoguht to myself: "All Bas*****"?.  All battles makes a better use of the name

thanks cyrus
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 09:08
ahh!!! this is what ive been waiting for all my life!
people are the emotions of other people

(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 13:28
i can help you with the american civil war
people are the emotions of other people

(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2005 at 14:12

If you want to add a battle, please use this link: http://www.allbattles.com/battles/

If you click on each part of this map, you will see a zoomed-in view on another window, move on the map by clicking, find the correct location of the battle, press right click to see a green flag, click on the flag to see the submission form of the battle.

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 07:45
no one?!
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 18:46
That's a pretty nifty system. I think you might want to make a global announcement for this to attract more people.

Also, I've noticed that in the "Results" field, it gives an error if you put a period in the field. The map only works with IE and not with firefox. I think the form could be a little bigger. Still, that's a pretty cool map!
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2005 at 09:48

Thanks for adding one!   [I'm just a programmer, I think if we want to attract more people then I will need your help especially for graphic design! ]

It is better that I solve those problems that you mentioned (and hopefully other ones will do) and then make a global announcement for this.

A problem that I know will happen is that you use ' or " in the fields, of course this problem can be easily solved, I will do it soon.

The map only works with IE and not with firefox.

Do you know why?!

I must mentioned that a battle can be added with just these three fields/b]

1. Your Name

2. Name of Battle (this field is unique, I mean there can't be two battles with the same name, when you add the second one, the first one will be deleted [good if you want to change the location of a battle])

3.Year (use * for this field, if you want to delete a battle)

Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2005 at 13:28
Yeah that's interesting. I'm suspecting it's the "onClick" 
Hannibal Barca View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Hannibal Barca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 23:05
How long do you want the reports for the battles?

Edited by Hannibal Barca
"In the absence of orders go find something and kill it!"

-Field MArshall Erwin Rommel
Hannibal Barca View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Hannibal Barca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 00:20
All right! I posted one for you on Cannae.
"In the absence of orders go find something and kill it!"

-Field MArshall Erwin Rommel
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 02:06

Thanks Hannibal Barca, I think it takes a long time to gather info about All Battles!

Some problems were solved!

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 15:38
Cyrus, I think you should get a bigger map, some places will be overpopulated with battles. I will add Napoleonic and some other battles on weekend.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 12:59
I think this is already too large for three battles! I will make it bigger, if it is needed.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 13:07

Thanks. It is very nice. If I have some time I will write some unknown Estonian battles into there. If i have time what I do not have. I may also write the text ready and then, sometime update the map wuickly.

Actually very many battles have carried the same name. Or do you want us to number these battles (like the II Battle of Adrianople, XII Battle of Adrianople, XIII Battle of Adrianople???)

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 13:29
Somehow we should make a difference between two battles which have the same names, I think giving number can be the best suggestion.
Travis Congleton View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Travis Congleton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2005 at 23:23

The map doesn't allow me to insert a battle. 

The manner in which you are attempting to initiate this project is flawed.  You will need a QC system to minimize errors (spelling, wrong dates, data, etc...).  Perhaps, we should post it and have the adminstrator for this extensive project quality control the information.

Edited by Travis Congleton
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2005 at 06:12

Sorry, my entry was completely wrong. I will delete it later but I just wanted to say that this is completely wrong that you can't just delete the entry without having to enter a new one.

Travis Congleton View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Travis Congleton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2005 at 02:37

Pylos 425 B.C.
=================================
King Agis (? ? ?) vs. Demosthenes (? ? ?)
King Agis invaded Attica.  The Athenians, using a fleet of 40 ships, landed at Pylos and began fortify their position.  Once King Agis received word of the news, he removed his army from Attica and marched to Pylos.  He also had a fleet of 60 ships meet him there.  Six days later, the fortification was complete and the Athenians fleet left for Corcyra and Sicily (5 ships remained behind).  Demosthenes had the 40 Athenian ships return after word was received of the Spartan fleet nearby.
The plan for the Spartans was to blockade the Pylos port and land an army on Sphacteria, a nearby island.  A Spartan force of 440 hoplites, led by Epitadas, landed on Sphateria.  Demosthenes, most of his army consisted of unarmed sailors, took 60 hoplites to defend the beach against the Spartan landing.  Demothenes inspired his troops with a speech (stating the Athenians will be victorious if they stand their ground on the beach).  A Spartan fleet of 43 ships arrived under the command of Thrasymelidas and Brasidas.  The Spartan amphibious landing was repulsed and Bradsidas was injured.  The Athenian fleet of 50 ships arrived.  The Spartan fleet refused battle at sea and unintentionally allowed the Athenian fleet to enter the port of Pylos.  The Athenian fleet than chased the Spartan fleet away which suddenly isolated the 292 Spartan troops on Spacteria.
NOTE: Spartans offered a truce, but Cleon refused.  Many in Athens felt this was a mistake.

SOURCES

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Pylos

http://www.livius.org/de-dh/demosthenes/demosthenes1.html

Edited by Travis Congleton
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2005 at 04:11

I see Ahmed The Fighter has added some battles, Thanks Ahmed!

Travis Congleton, Do you see any error messages when you want to add a battle?!

rider, I will add a form for deleting and editing battles later!

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2005 at 04:34

With pleasure Cyrus.

I ll add more.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>