Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paris riots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paris riots
    Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 17:19
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

I think the official line was 'the gas canisters indeed belong to the police but the police didn't fire them'. If you buy into that. Maybe it is more convincing to say Santa Claus fired them... 

Why would that be so incredibly unprobable? Most heavier weapons used during crimes here are stolen military equipment - that must mean that the Royal Army tries to fill out their miserly budget by robbing mints and cash transports then!

C'mon! And why were there the policemen to insult the women at the exit.

Anyhow what kind of criminal would steal/buy a gas canister? You get a gun, a rifle, a knife or a car but... a gas canister?

Let's be serious and give each one their responsability. French cops are pretty brutal and France is not absent in Amnesty International yearly reports.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 18:51
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there are also some pretty bad riots going on in Denmark.

The riots in Denmark are for many of the same economic reasons as in France, but some is also over a few political cartoons that were printed in a major Danish newspaper that was about the Prophet Mohammed.

I think that this is going too far now. Continuous rioting is noy the best way to achieve your goal. The rioters are only turning the public majority against them. And as far as the political cartoons go, I think it's fine. Denmark has freedom of the press, and they have a right to print what they wish. If you don't like a politcal cartoon, then turn the page.

Edited by Illuminati
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 19:44
Weren't those drawings printed like 2-3 weeks ago? I saw a link to them on that mediawatchwatch blog. Incidently some muslims organised a demonstration defending freedom of expression there.
Arrrgh!!"
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 19:51
Originally posted by Cywr

Weren't those drawings printed like 2-3 weeks ago? I saw a link to them on that mediawatchwatch blog. Incidently some muslims organised a demonstration defending freedom of expression there.

yeah, but it's being treated as one of the main reason for the unrest in Denmark. They weren't necessarily the reason for the riots. The riots are also over economic and social issues, but the politcal cartoons were definitely fuel on the fire.

back to the France topic. I hope the ritos end soon, but what I am afraid of is a Rioter being shot by the police. Even though the rioters have already shot at the police and nearly killed 2 of them, if the police kill a young rioter, it's going to get alot more violent.

Edited by Illuminati
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 20:37
Here is a Bedfordshire cartoon that had to be removed because it was insensitive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/4406702. stm
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 21:27
Originally posted by Illuminati

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there are also some pretty bad riots going on in Denmark.

The riots in Denmark are for many of the same economic reasons as in France, but some is also over a few political cartoons that were printed in a major Danish newspaper that was about the Prophet Mohammed.

I think that this is going too far now. Continuous rioting is noy the best way to achieve your goal. The rioters are only turning the public majority against them. And as far as the political cartoons go, I think it's fine. Denmark has freedom of the press, and they have a right to print what they wish. If you don't like a politcal cartoon, then turn the page.

I haven't seen any info on Danish riots in English language media. I read a comment in another forum but nothing in the press. Can you inform us?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 22:53

Denmark Moslem youth riots ignored while Paris is burning

By Judi McLeod
Friday, November 4, 2005

Is there a connection between the Moslem-led youth riots in France, and the ones taking place at the same time in Denmark?

The week of riots in poor neighbourhoods outside Paris, which has spread to 20 towns, has been well covered by the international media.

Not so for rhus, Denmark.

Nothing of it has penetrated to the English-language sections of Danish media, laments the Viking Observer.

The Observer took the trouble to translate into English the following from Danish Jyllands-Posten:Rosenhoj Mall has several nights in a row been the scene of the worst riots in rhus for years.  This area belongs to us, the youths proclaim. Sunday evening saw a new arson attack.

Their words sound like a clear declaration of war on the Danish society.  Police must stay out.  The area belongs to immigrants.

Four youths sit on a wall in Rosenhoj Mall Sunday afternoon, calling themselves spokesmen for the groups, that three nights in a row have ravaged and tried to burn down the restaurant and other stores.

Around the parking lot, cars with youngsters from the immigrant community are swarming, and many are walking around, greeting each other with a sense of victory after the worst riots in rhus for years.

Every night 30-40 youths took part, especially immigrants.

Only two were arrested,  That was a victory.

From the 1990s, groups and organizations formed by extremist Moslems, which present a serious threat to the Danish Jewish Community, have been active in Denmark.

In France, police have made 143 arrests during the unrest, according to Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy.

Prime Minister de Villepin vowed to restore order as the violence that erupted Oct. 27 spread to at least 20 towns,  manifestation of the collective frustration simmering in housing projects that are home to scores of North African immigrants.

Bands of stone-lobbing and petrol bomb armed bands of youth have thus far ignored President Jacques Chiracs appeal for calm.

I will not accept organized gangs making the law in some neighbourhoods, I will not accept having crime networks and drug trafficking profiting from disorder, Villepin said at the Senate in between emergency meetings called over the riots.

Government offices, a police station, a primary school and a college, a Clichy-sous-Bois fire station and a train station were among the buildings targeted by the gangs of youth.

Rioters also set fire to a gym near the Les Tilleuls housing complex in the Seine-Saint-Denis region.  It burned and smoldered Wednesday night as residents looked on in despair.

On Thursday, rioters fired four shots at police and firefighters but caused no injuries, said Jean-Francois Cordet, the top government official for Seine-Saint-Denis.  Nine civilians were injured in other unrest and 415 cars were torched across the Paris area,

French authorities have said that the riots are not spontaneous but well organized.

Threats issued by youth rioters in Denmark that This area belongs to us, seem to indicate the same thing.

Meanwhile, the whole world may be aware that Paris is burning, but few are aware of the nightly youth riots in rhus, Denmark.

http://canadafreepress.com/2005/cover110405.htm

Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Loknar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 01:16

I dont see why these nation accept so many Muslim immigrants into their country. They hate western socierty as it is, whaty did everybody expect to happen?

Now, these nations dont have the courage to make these people assimilate into the culture, this is what happens. All because westerners are too afraid to look like racists.

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 03:09
Originally posted by Loknar

I dont see why these nation accept so many Muslim immigrants into their country. They hate western socierty as it is, whaty did everybody expect to happen?

I didnt know that all Muslims hate western society, thanks for enlightening us.

Now, these nations dont have the courage to make these people assimilate into the culture, this is what happens. All because westerners are too afraid to look like racists.

No, apparently its because these nations dont have the courage to accept them as equals.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 03:26

The riot is caused by many North African Muslims and African immigrants too. But I guess you choose what you like to focus on based on your agenda.

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 03:42
Loknar,  reading your attitude is like hearing a White Australia nolstiagist. Broad statements that brush over a simple, black and white version of reality.

No muslim i know or knew hates western culture, most appreciate its freedoms/opportunities, even if some dont accept all of it. Does my girlfreind's family hate me becuase im western/christian in their eyes? no way. Has any muslim treated me like that? very few.

As for assimilation, you cant make people assimilate. First thing you do is treat them as french not foreigners, give them opportunity and you would see greater assimilation naturally, but hopefully not completey (thats boring). Im not complety assimilated and refuse to give up everything for the culture i live in, so i cant see why anyone else has to.

Use the full strength of the law catch and lock up offenders. Calling them scum acting with insentivity around mosques (or any religoius building) is just fanning the flames.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 07:32
People can't assimilate into a society if that society excludes them anyways, so the 'they must assimilate' crowd need to make some serious changes if they want it to actualy happen.

Edit: In Belgium too? Newslink (in Dutch/Flemish)

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 11:37
Update: situation worsens as 10 police officers are injured by gunshots and another person, a man aged 61, dies after being beaten by a hooded agressor.

References:
The Union for Islamic Organizations of France, dubbed as the largest Islamic fundamentalist (sic) organization of the country, has issued a fatwa forbidding strictly any Muslim from taking part in any action that blindly strikes private or public property or can harm others.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 11:50
The Union for Islamic Organizations of France, dubbed as the largest Islamic fundamentalist (sic) organization of the country, has issued a fatwa forbidding strictly any Muslim from taking part in any action that blindly strikes private or public property or can harm others.

Aka, they are trying to show off how important they are but the rioters won't listen to them much.
Britian has organisations like that (two main ones in fact).

Just to clarify, in Brussels, there was no riot, just a gang who set fire to a handfull of cars and then ran away before the cops even showed up, its not even certain who those youths were. Nothing like the clashes seen in France.

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 13:27
Originally posted by Cywr

Aka, they are trying to show off how important they are but the rioters won't listen to them much.
Britian has organisations like that (two main ones in fact).

Actually I suspect most of the rioters aren't very religious. They are only "Muslims" (mostly) in the broad cultural sense of the term. The same that you and I are "Christians" - i.e. have a Christian cultural background.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 13:35
Thats my point. These orgainisations just use the circumstanses to appear omportant and influential in the eyes of politicans and newspapers.
Arrrgh!!"
Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Loknar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 14:06

Actually you do need to force immigrants to assimilate. If not you have trouble like in the Netherlands where Arabic is on its way to being declared a national language.

I should not have said Muslims hate western society. I'm just so an annoyed that the police are so incapable of stopping these people. Innocent people have already been harmed and nobody is doing anything to stop it. The French need to impose a curfew and send in the army to lock the place down. Im not saying they should shoot people (though I think they should when a woman is doused with gasoline and set ablaze)/

OH and 10 police officers injured by gunshot? Ok, why arent they shooting back? This is ridiculous. This only gores to show how incapable France is to control its population and they look quite pathetic.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 14:17
If not you have trouble like in the Netherlands where Arabic is on its way to being declared a national language.

Arrrgh!!"
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 14:36

This only gores to show how incapable France is to control its population and they look quite pathetic.

Yeah, they should get some lessons from you yankees on shooting niggers, since you are very good at this. We have all seen how successfully you controlled your population after Katrina... 

Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Loknar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 14:42
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

This only gores to show how incapable France is to control its population and they look quite pathetic.

. We have all seen how successfully you controlled your population after Katrina... 

Yeah thats right, when the cops were shot at they shot back. Is that so wrong?

and what does shooting blacks have to do with anything?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>