Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Historical maps of Bulgaria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Historical maps of Bulgaria
    Posted: 29-Oct-2005 at 14:39

1.  &nbs p; Bulgaria /681-721/

2. 721-831

3. First half of IX century

4. Tsar Simeon I and Tsar Peter I /894-970/

5. Tsar Samuel and his successors /970-1018/

Second Bulgarian kingdom

6. uprising of Asen and Peter 1185

7. 1185-1207 /Tsars Asen, Peter, Kaloyan/

8. Tsar Ivan Asen II 1218-1241

Bulgaria at 1396

Third Bulgarian kingdom

Bulgaria according to San Stefano peace treaty 3.03.1878

Bulgaria and Eastern Rumeliya after Berlin treaty

Unification of Bulgaria and Eastern Rumeliya, Fisrt and Second Balkan  wars

after WW I

with Red-territories added to Greece, with pink to Serbia and with blue to Romania

after WW II - 2005

Everybody listen only this which understands.
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2005 at 20:45
Could you give me a link to the place where you got these maps?
the Bulgarian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote the Bulgarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2005 at 13:15
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2005 at 14:25

Originally posted by Belisarius

Could you give me a link to the place where you got these maps?

I can give you the link, but there everything is written only on bulgarian! In the english version these maps are missing.

http://www.bgns.net/Bg/otech/history/stara/maps.html

Everybody listen only this which understands.
Nagyfejedelem View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Nagyfejedelem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2005 at 08:47

Bulgarian conquest and settlement in Europe

the Bulgarian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote the Bulgarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2005 at 14:35
Thanks for the contribution, Nagyfejedelem. BTW, what does your username mean?
Nagyfejedelem View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Nagyfejedelem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2006 at 05:19
My username actually means great prince in Hungarian.
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2006 at 06:02

In the fisrt post the picture number 4. might be not accurate. (I can read texts.)

It is rather unlikely that Transylvania was under Bulgarian rule in cca. 970.

NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 03:33
Hi, people! I have a question here: A friend of mine is preparing a relative map of the various regions of medieval Europe. He's quite ready with western Europe, but the Balkans are giving him quite some problems. So I ask here if anyone knows any maps or something else helpful, about the various regions/provinces on the Balkans and more particularily - for the Bulgarian administrative regions during the different ages - f.e. the komitats of the First Bulgarian Tsardom, regions, horas from the second one etc.
 Thanks in advance!
The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 18:26

Map of First Balkan War (1912-1913)

Ura-a-a-a-a-a! Ahead at knife! Five on a knife!

Edited by The Chargemaster - 11-Aug-2006 at 14:50
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 23:39
Very nice maps.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 01:10
Do Bulgarians consider themselves Slavic or Turkic?
Censored View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Censored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 01:13

Originally posted by barish

yes good question.or bulgarian?

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 01:17
Originally posted by Censored

Originally posted by barish

yes good question.or bulgarian?

Of course, but you know what I meant, right?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 10:21

We consider ourselves as a whole, as slavic people. But our country is found from two nations: the proto-bulgarians (turkish tribe, who comes from Altay mountain in Asia) in the lead of Khan Asparukh, son of Khan Kubrat, and the slavic tribes in East half of the Balkan peninsula. The thracians are the most ancient human inhabitants of the Eastern half of the Balkan peninsula, and of the today`s territory of Romania, known in the historical sources. In the time of the barbarian pillage-raids in the Balkan peninsula (in IV-VII century), very big part of the thracians was killed, or drived away and assimilated form the barbarian tribes (including the slavs and the proto-bulgarians). Today`s bulgarians have huge percent thracian and slavik faces. The slavic peoples finally settles constantly the Balkan peninsula between 600-620 year. Khan Asparukh comes in the Danubian plane in 680, and after one victorious battle against the byzantine army in 681 year, near the Danubian Delta he found the Danubian Bulgarian Khanate, as one union between the proto-bulgarians and the slavs.  This Union was concluded, because the Byzantine Empire had a big army, and the bulgarians or the slavs were not enough powerfull to defend themselves against the Empire separately.   When the people in Bulgaria accept Christianity as official religion  (in 864 year), begins slow "washing away" of the differences between the slavic and bulgarian tribes. Since the slavic language and the slavic alphabet become official chruch and written language (in 893 year), the proto-bulgarians were slowly assimilated from the slavs, but the slavs begins call themselves "bulgarians"(bulgari, this "u" is the turkish "i" without the point item).

Sorry for my bad english...

Members of the bulgarian horde of Khan Asparukh

The original bulgarians!

Bulgarians and slavs

Khan Asparukh

The Founder of Dunabian Bulgaria

Proto-bulgarian necropolises in Danubian plane

Here bulgarians was settled

Khan Asparuh comes from here:

Where the Kubrat-bulgarians living

The Old Great Bulgaria of Khan Kubrat:

Here all proto-bulgarian tribes were living together

Bulgaria by the rule of Khan Asparukh:

Hello(beware), greeks, we are comming!!!

The Coming of Khan Asparukh!:

Here will be Bulgaria!!!

Khan Omurtag (814 - 831), the BuilderKhan Omurtag is watching the building of the Fortress of Madara

In 886 year, in the bulgarian capitol Pliska, Knyaz Boris (852 - 889) is meeting the Disciples of Kiril and Methody, who disseminate the slavic alphabet among the "bulgarian slavs":

Kliment, Naum and Angelarij show to Knyaz Boris the books of slavic alphabet

Three slavic warriors in the russian painting "Bogatiri": Ilya Muromec, Dobrin Nikitich and Alyosha Popovich

One link to russian webpage with information early proto-bulgarian inhabitants (have maps too):

http://www.kroraina.com/bulgar/bg_ro_IX/

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 10:30
Hmm, thanks for the answer.
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2006 at 05:04
So, can anyone here give me some info about the medieval Bulgarian administrative regions?

And btw, here are some maps on Bulgarian (I have 42 more of these, but I'll upload and post them later):
01 - Thrace in the first milennium BC
02 - The Roman provinces of Thrace and Moesia Inferior (I-IIIc.)
03 - Diocese Thrace (IV-VIc.)
04 - Slavs and Bulgars (IV-VIIc.) Establishment of the Bulgarian state - 681
05 - Ethnic relations on the Balkan Peninsula and initial expansion of the Bulgarian state in the VII c.
06 - The wars between Bulgaria and Byzantium in the VIII c.
07 - The wars of Khan Krum (813-827)
08 - Territorial expansion of Bulgaria in the IX century (814-893)
09 - The wars of Tsar Simeon (893-927)
10 - The wars of Tsar Samuil (976-1014). Falling of Bulgaria under Byzantine rule
11 - Forming and strengthening of the Bulgarian nationality (IX-X c.)
12 - Culture of the Bulgarian state
13 - Battles of the Bulgarian people against the Byzantine rule (1018-1185)
14 - The rebellion of Assen and Petar (1185-1187)
15 - Bulgaria in time of the rule of Tsar Assen I and Tsar Petar II (1185-1197)
16 - The wars of Tsar Kaloian (1197-1207)
17 - The wars of Tsar Ivan Assen II (1218-1241)
18 - The Bulgarian state from 1246 until the end of the XIII c. The rebellion of Ivailo and the battles against Byzantines and Tatars
19 - The Bulgarian state (1300-1331)
20 - The wars of Tsar Ivan Aleksandar (1331-1371). Beginning of the Ottoman invasion
21 - Culture of the Second Bulgarian state

Edit: Btw, one thing to edit The Chargemaster: The Bulgars were definitely not a Turkish tribe. And whatever they had in them, it wasn't Turkish, but Turkic. There is a difference. And Turkic was most probably not the only one or even the main one in them, but there were also many and many other ethnicities, including Persian/Iranian. Actually, some linguists suggest that the name Bulgar itself means "mix of people" (although others connect it with a totem-animal) and personally I agree with it - even now there are no pure nations/ethnicities anywhere in the world. And in the Eurasian steppes the mixing, IMHO, was quite big too. Afaik, there are reports of many nations, which have more or less been assimilated in the Bulgar tribes. And after the creation of Danubian Bulgaria there were I think 63 tribes, which have left their traces here. So for me, we're a mix from the type "the best of the best" and not only Slavic, Iranian, Turkic or whatever! 

Edited by NikeBG
Isbul View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Isbul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2006 at 05:41
Originally posted by NikeBG

So, can anyone here give me some info about the medieval Bulgarian administrative regions?

I cant find anything that is even close to this map, and i think such map cant be found on the net.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2006 at 06:12

Yes, really, the right word is not "turkish", but "turkic".

Here is another map of First Balkan War (1912-1913):

The Balkans Reconquista

I have many more maps of many historical events, but i cannot "upload", and i dont know why... Because of that reason, i search these images in Internet and i "add" them...

Isbul View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Isbul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2006 at 07:08
Originally posted by The Chargemaster

I have many more maps of many historical events, but i cannot "upload", and i dont know why... Because of that reason, i search these images in Internet and i "add" them...
Did you trie the upload button in the upper right corner, and for some reason i noticed that if the name of the pic contain % sigh(and maybe others too) it cannot be uploaded, so change the name of the pic and trie again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>