Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EiD MuBaRRak

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EiD MuBaRRak
    Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 19:02
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 20:59
eid mubarak
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 21:49

Eid mubarek to you all...

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2005 at 04:15

Eid Mubarak!!!

Ramazan Bayramin Mubarek Olsun!!!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 13:21

Assalamualaikum u guys....

I just came back from my hometown... celebrating hari raya or eid was so nice.... tomorrow all muslims in my country will start working as usual... but still we are in Eid mood coz here in Malaysia.. we celebrate for a month... tht the tradition here... lol... now for those who are staying in city like Kuala Lumpur will start to receive visitors among friends for Eid after the first week of syawal was celebrated in their hometown...

kuih raya... kuih raya....!!

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 20:13

Heres a question for all of you.

When I went to the Khutba for the Eid Prayer, the Imam said, "Eid is for those Muslims who fast." 

Those of you that did NOT fast, what do you guys think of that?

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 20:32
I'm sure those persons who didnt fast never even bother on that matter...  
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 21:27
Right as Cahaya said
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 21:38
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 22:34
Originally posted by Afghanan

Heres a question for all of you.

When I went to the Khutba for the Eid Prayer, the Imam said, "Eid is for those Muslims who fast." 

Those of you that did NOT fast, what do you guys think of that?

Sounds like you are trying to prove a point by subtly admonishing those who may not have fasted.

From someone who did fast, let me tell you that you need to change the mosque you're going to or ask the leadership to replace the speaker.

How doe this Imam know that Eid is for muslims whom fast only? I could think of two possible reasons. First, that he is typical of the know-it-all Imams who actually know very little.  Second possibility, he is sharing his bias for a traditional celebration that has predominantly taken an importance along the side of fasting. Eid Fitr (Celebration of the month of Ramadan after fasting) is not a Koranic festivity. In fact the only time the word festival is used 20:59 does not talk about fasting. However, forgiveness and great recompense will come to those who are like the ones in 33:35. Fasting is one way to one become righteous. Eid has no part in this.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 22:55

I agree with Seko that everything is seperate and you cannot tell a Muslim "Oh! you don't fast, don't come to Eid prayer" or "You don't pray, don't touch this Quran" this is Allah's business to decide what to accept and what to reject. Plus, Eid is a celebration for all Muslims and thus, all Muslims regardless of their faith level or class should participate. I don't even think that there is any worship in our religion that requires a certain level of faith or obedience because simply we dont measure this, only God does that.

Yet, your statement that the Imam in your mosque said "Eid is for those Muslims who fast." is not quiet wrong. I understood that he meant this is a celebration day for those who did fast as it is believed their deeds are ascending to God on that day, that is why we celebrate. So those who fast Ramadan are the happiest of that day, not to say the celebration is exclusive. I'm just sayig that those are the real happy guys of that day because it comes as a reward too after a month of prayer, worship and obedience and finally they passed it successfully.

We can go in argument about if Eid is a Quranic festival or not, but Ramadan fasting is with no doubt ordered in Quran and Sunnah, both. So I still find it funny that someone who did not fast Ramadan intentionally and with no excuse to find this offending. Afterall, I don't think the Imam will go down the steps of his stage and point those who didn't fast. Maybe it was his way of embarrasing them internally

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 12:18
So far those who did not fast have not answered the initial question. we shall respect there privacy. Eid is a celebration that does foster community belonging and support. But to somehow alienate others with some type of ridicule is an improper motivation technique if it was intended to be as such. Since community strength is the key I believe those all individuals should participate. This may even bring some kind of encouragement to the those lax in fasting and lovingly bring them into the fold.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 20:13

well... for those who are not fasting.. do they go to the mosque?? the possibility is too low i guess... i dont think those people who didnt fast in Afghanan's place listened to tht imam's khutbah...

anyway... the imam's tried to give those people some sense so they should fast in ramadhan.. in psychological way..

Seko stated:
But to somehow alienate others with some type of ridicule is an improper motivation technique if it was intended to be as such.

by keep in silent will make it worst i guess.. people need to be remind always.. so they know how serious their action is..cos we dont wnt these people to feel comfortable with it...fasting is wajib for all who are capable. but if the imam came up with individual attack to a specific person, of course.. tht's is improper way to do. 

Seko said:

Since community strength is the key I believe those all individuals should participate. This may even bring some kind of encouragement to the those lax in fasting and lovingly bring them into the fold.

Anyhow.. still there's some people who didnt fast, whtever u said or do... they just never bother.. wht else can we do?

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 20:44

Since we do not know if those who did not fast in Ramadan were ill or not, its best we withhold our judgement.

Your next point is understood. However, discussion about the importance of fasting is all that a community needs. No one should intimidate or force someone who chooses to be lax from fast. Plus who are we to tell others how to run their business. Comments that lead to rejection from Eid is used to belittle another. A person's own guilt is reminder enough. Seems like people want to make limits by barring others from an exclusive club. If that is our business then where does it stop? Intrusion into one's privacy is not acceptable (for me at least). Making such decisions is a personal matter. The community should be open for participation. That's about it.

Originally posted by cahaya

well... for those who are not fasting.. do they go to the mosque?? the possibility is too low i guess... i dont think those people who didnt fast in Afghanan's place listened to tht imam's khutbah...

Then who is the Imam preaching to? His own choir? If so, then what is the benefit in that?

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 20:53

Seko,

You have to know, I'm probably taking his words completely out of context.  He did mention lots of Hadiths and verses from the Quran about fasting and how Eid and Fasting go hand in hand.  How fasting helps bring the spirit of rememberence and solidarity, and lots of other really good things that I couldnt remember off the top of my head.

I don't believe his intentions were to ridicule anybody, but to REMIND people about their obligations of Fast.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 21:06

Thanks for the update.

Helping others out is where it's at. Would be nice to see a leader so caring in his speech . But since (if) he mentioned it in such a fashion then he seems to have went beyond his duty by saying it the way he did. That's my opinion. As you said he mentioned hadith. I wonder why he needed to do that too? Probably to back up his mission with guilt invoking methods. The imam knows best mentality is a show of power and ridicule. They love to talk loudly and castigate. You can't ask questions back. No that is against the 'rules'. That kind of behavior tends to numb the mind. In return, what you get is a bunch of yes men. That tells us alot about their mentality. And they want us to respect that kind of attitude? Yup! No questions asked.

Edited by Seko
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 22:50

Originally posted by Seko

As you said he mentioned hadith. I wonder why he needed to do that too? Probably to back up his mission with guilt invoking methods.

Seko, why do you think he cannot mention Hadith during Eid Khutba if the whole prayer and Khutba is from Sunnah and not Quran? Sounds like as if someone who doesn't recognize Hadith and Sunnah, yet concerned about using Hadith in a celebration that is completely from Sunnah.

Celebrating Eid is different than praying Eid. You can celebrate Eid without a prayer because the prayer is not an obligation.

Anyhow, Afghanian told us that he himself "I don't believe his intentions were to ridicule anybody, but to REMIND people about their obligations of Fast". So it was clear to me, and to our friend who attended the Khutba. That is a very typical common way used in our societies where you intend your speech to a group of people but not make it direct, so only them know it. Just a method of speech no more no less.

D.J. Kaufman
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2005 at 07:42

Seko wrote:

Since we do not know if those who did not fast in Ramadan were ill or not, its best we withhold our judgement.

of course.. there are some people who cant fast for some reason which allow them not to fast.. but our focus here is to those people who can fast but refuse to do so...

if the imam was generally referring to all muslims who didnt fast regardless of any reasons.. mean 99% of the Islam women cant celebrate the eid i think...... hmmm... am i included?

seko also said:

A person's own guilt is reminder enough. Seems like people want to make limits by barring others from an exclusive club. If that is our business then where does it stop? Intrusion into one's privacy is not acceptable (for me at least). Making such decisions is a personal matter.

I wonder.. once u are a muslim ... doesnt it mean u must follow islam rules? fasting is one of Islam's commandment.. can it be tolerated? cant is it? Can u sure they will feel guilty with their action without others letting them realise on wht they have done?

Edited by cahaya
Super Goat (^_^) View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Super Goat (^_^) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2005 at 18:38
i think its up to the individual to decide whether he/she wants to fast or pray or watever, most of those who dont fast already realize what they're doing, and probably have been reminded by someone at some point or another, so they can decide for themselves, and its up to allah to decide the consequences of their actions, not us
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2005 at 18:53

well as its been said here before by Cahaya

i have a question why would someone who didnt care about his obligations as a muslim care about a celebration that muslim has after fasting a whole month??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>