Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMove over Egypt, Europes pyramids are older and bigger!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Move over Egypt, Europes pyramids are older and bigger!
    Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 19:06

Surbel, you're joined the same list lilleman...you're an ass.

Serbia lost to Bosnia and Croatia, get over it...not bad for a people who have no past.

Edited by Loknar
Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 19:27
Originally posted by Loknar

Serbia lost to Bosnia and Croatia, get over it...not bad for a people who have no past.

Just stick to the topic,and who is talking about the war?
 What is  your knoledge about this peninsula to talk like that?
 Did you ever felt a terror wich war can bring?
 Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia,they are independent  countries and i respect that,i never sad something against that!

Just turn on CNN and lets show begin.

Remember,i didn't ensalt you!
When your heart is empty,your
mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
Lilleman View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 19:29

What have I done to deserve to be called an ass?

Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 19:31
Originally posted by Surbel

Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia,they are independent  countries and i respect that,i never sad something against that!

You're correct, I appologize. I was becomming defensive becaue of Lilleman. Sorry.

Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 19:33
Originally posted by Lilleman

What have I done to deserve to be called an ass?

It was your comments on Bosnia...

In any event, I'll drop it and I appologize for calling you that word.

Lilleman View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 19:41

Loknar.

It's ok. But I must point out that I never said anything about Bosnia. I think that you must mixed it up or something. Look again.

Anyhow, I don't feel offended, it's ok... I was just surprized to be accused for something I didn't say.

Edited by Lilleman
Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 19:46

Originally posted by Surbel

You're correct, I appologize. I was becomming defensive becaue of Lilleman. Sorry.

Appologie exepted.
 I put some comments on history.

mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 07:19
Originally posted by RomiosArktos

Originally posted by Maju

That region of the Balcans was actually inmersed in European pre-history and, believe it or not, the Balcans were at some time the most advanced region of Europe.....

Pelasgians maybe or other non-Indoeuropean civilisations.I think Herodotus has mentioned the contacts between pre-Hellenic people in what is now Greece and the ancient and glorious kingdom of Egypt.

There are  pyramid-like structures in Greece too.Maybe remnants of the people that were later mentioned as pelasgians,penestai etc.

Well I'm not talking about any specific people but guess you can call them Pelasgians, a confuse catchall term, if you wish.

In the 3th milennium we have the most brilliand and rather ignored culture of Karanovo-Gumelnita (aka Varna) in Bulgaria, Vallachia and Aegean Thrace. The necropolis of Varna shows clearly that there was a monarch there and that it was a state in the full sense of the term. They did not built pyramids but they had other notable characteristics for the Copper Age.

Parallely to this one, in the Tisza region, there was another, apparently short-lived state (Bodrogkerzstr culture). See map 1 and map 2.

After the destruction of these two earliest European states, the most notable culture of Baden assumed the hegemony of Central Europe and kept IEs at bay for some time - though they don't seem a hierarchical state but rather a tribal federation of gigantic proportions. See map 3.

After the great IE expansion of the middle 2nd milennium, a hybrid IE-native culture (Vucedol) took its place in Central Europe and included what is now Croatia and Bosnia, among other regions.

Here you can see a map of Vucedol culture, which was decissive in the transmission of Bronze from the Near East to Central Europe. The dates from this site say it existed between 3000 and 2200, placing it in the Chalcolithic, but I have reasons (readings) to think it didn't exist before 2400 BCE and would probably last till a much later date, though I'm unsure about when it ended.

In any case, the (pre)history of the Balcans before the Illyrians and Thracians is full of interest. Actually I would say that never after would the Balcans be as important as in the Neolithic-Chalcolithic-Bronze Age.

In this sense, I find that pyramids, though somehow odd, aren't totally out of place there. After all it was the most adavanced region of Europe.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
krios View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 08:10
well they found nothing yet. how can you all be so sure that hill is a pyramid ? i am not so sure. i talked to some geologists and they said there is not a single proof that hill is pyramid.

we should wait for some analasys, meanwhile lets hope the theory is right. it will turn upsidedown all we know from european history
Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 18:55
1 I still continue to see some posts that defend that that mount is a pyramid. How many times do I have to say that pyramids are an imitation of the shape of a mound, including the conical top? If we start by considering every pyramid-shape mount an artificial pyramid (particularly based on the ridiculous evidence that was provided; anyone really saw remains of a pyramid?), then there wouldnt be any mounts left. There would be millions of pyramids spread throughout the world. This ridiculous mistake is visible when it was also noticed that there were also more pyramids in the vicinity. Duh! But of course, thats the natural shape of most mounts. And if you enlarge the radius, you will find several more pyramids. Actually, so many that Bosnia-Herzegovina should change its name to Pyramida-Herzegovina. Yep, thats right, the only area of the Balkans (which is a mountainous region) without mounts but pyramids.

2 Mila and Loknar, when persons go to a Forum to present their ideas, the least that will happen is that they will be questioned by several others that dont agree with them. So they must be prepared to defend their own ideas and if someone presents a number of arguments that seriously question them, they have to accept that they were wrong. Those are the rules of a Forum: you consciously accept to be put in the line of fire to defend your own ideas. Sometimes you are successful, sometimes you are not. Tell me: how were you expecting others to receive your ideas? By acclaiming you as geniuses? Be more modest, instead of turning to insult, which ends being a way of recognising that you were not correct.

3 Mila, you should also get away from your parochialism. It seems that you think that Bosniaks are above any critique. Anyone that criticises them is a Serb. Well, let me tell you that the truth is that most people dont care about Bosniaks; they dont even know they exist. Thats why you are posting several topics about Bosnia in this Forum. Youre just saying: Hello, were here, we exist. Yes, but with posts like these youre not going far. Youre just showing all the tragedy of your country.

4 Actually, if you are expecting to impress Europeans with this kind of posts, as it can be seen from the title of this thread, youre not going far. As I said before, you are acting within a positivist paradigm where past material culture is reduced to mere technique, where the best civilisations are those where more complex techniques appeared early. As a result of this ridiculous paradigm, the past is being used solely by modern nations or other interested groups to pretend that they are superior to others. So, what you are saying to Europe is: Hey, please, accept us, because we have the oldest pyramids in the world and this will make us superior to others. No, thanks. Anyway, even within that limited vision of the Past, youre misinformed, because the first known European pyramid (putting aside shell mounds) Silbury Hill, in the chalk lands of England was made at the same time of the first Egyptian pyramids. Sorry, but you will have to get something else to impress Europeans.

5 I know I was harsh with you, but see it as a blessing in disguise, since it will force you to reconsider more carefully what it means to be Bosnian.

6 Finally, initially I thought that the discoverer of the pyramid was a Bosniak partisan, but now Im starting to suspect that he is just a con-man trying to get some easy money with all this story, skilfully playing with Bosnias identity crisis.

PS - I noticed now that in an early post where I answered to Loknar, a lot of emoticons smiling appeared in the middle of my sentences. I don't understand very well how they did get there, so I just deleted them.

Edited by Voyager
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 20:22
H3 Studios has released the first virtual diagrams of the pyramids.

Edited by Mila
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 20:34
Dr. Zahi Havass, Director of Antiquities and Archeology of the Giza Pyramids in Egypt, is coming to Bosnia and Herzegovina to see for himself. He said the stones he's seen so far are very interesting and with the additional information he's been provided with, it's enough that he wants to investigate the site himself.
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 20:42
A few more photos from the site:

Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 20:46
Originally posted by Voyager

Most clear, impossible
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 20:50
People in Visoko have already started stealing the stones from the pathway that lines the route to the plateau and carving them into souvenirs.

The archeologists, like this one from Germany, are calling for military security for the site.

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 20:52
The stones they're trying to protect:

Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 20:59
Originally posted by Mila

H3 Studios has released the first virtual diagrams of the pyramids.

Until now,i belived that they gonna find something interesting,after this post i realize that they are prepared for everything,even to make one out of the hill.  Lets waith for some results and please independent one.

mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 21:10
The Archeological Institute of America has officially accepted their geologist Nadija Nurkic's report following an additional examination of her findings.

Her report states:

The shape of Visocica Hill  is consistent with that of a pyramid, having four identical sides, with the exception of the front side which accesses a plateau. Nature does not make correct geometrical shapes like this and the rocks could not have been formed in this pattern by natural forces 

- Three excavations have taken place at the described location. These ascertained that there is a consistent pattern up the side of the pyramid; an angled side followed by a flat horizontal section of 2.5m, like a stair, which continues to the apex of Visocica Hill       

Superficial digging has confirmed that the contours of the blocks have specific geometrical shapes. By cleaning these blocks we can see that all these blocks are layered on each other with each block set slightly indented to the one below. 

It is interesting that the blocks are covered with moss and so remain intact. Two blocks were discovered during the excavation we carried out and we can clearly see the sides of the two blocks and the area where they were joined together. We have done more cleaning on these joints and found that the sides between the joins are very finely ground. 

On location at the second area of excavation we noticed the appearance of sanded blocks and these blocks are set in an orderly pattern across this area. One of the blocks was excavated from a depth of 1.7m. It was found to have circular patterns which will be analysed further; it is thought that they are man made. 

The length and size of the third excavation is 9.3m x 9.8m and we can conclude from previous excavations that the plateau is most probably completely covered with these blocks. These blocks do not have the appearance of stairs but follow the angle of the hill. By looking closely at these blocks we can see that they are man made. We can therefore conclude that all these blocks have been cut into the required dimensions to create this structure. 

We can conclude, from all these factors, the hypothesis that the Visocica Hill is a colossal stone structure - a pyramid. The walls of the Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun are made from precut blocks which have been moved to this location. The access plateau is of monumental dimensions (around 15,000 sqm) and is paved with cut stone slabs. 

Given these factors, we can discount this being a natural phenomena.

Edited by Mila
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 21:14

BOSNIAN PYRAMID VALLEY GREATEST ARCHAEOLOGICAL PROJECT IN EUROPE IN 2006

SARAJEVO, January 18 (FENA) The Steering Board of the Foundation Archeological park: Bosnian pyramid of the Sun held a session on Wednesday at which it was concluded that the works on digging up the pyramids in Visoko would be the greatest archeological-geological project in Europe in this year.

The works will commence on April 14 and should be concluded by the end of October, was announced by the Foundation Archeological park: Bosnian pyramid of the Sun.

Thanks to the interest of archeologists from the entire world, activities are already in progress on forming strong expert teams of the Project. Participation has been confirmed by the following archeologists: Grace Fegan, a leading Irish archeologist, Royce Richards from Austria, together with other archaeologists from the University in Innsbruck, Glasgow and Ljubljana.

The international team will support the activities of young BiH archeologists.
Lilleman View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 21:31

Really interesting and intriguing. No doubt about that.

I wonder what they will find, because I'm not that sure anymore that it's just a regular mound/mount. I'm still quite sceptic that it is an actual pyramid... but who knows what they will dig up?

Edited by Lilleman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>