Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The three Great Islamic Empires

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
oTToMAn_TurK View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The three Great Islamic Empires
    Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 16:13

How was the relationship between the 3 great islamic empires (Ottomans, Safavids and the Moghuls) during the 16th to about the 19th centuries?

i know that Ottoman and Safavid relations wernt good, but dont know much about the moghuls.

here is a map showing the three. (probly not accurate)

Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 20:54
Im guessing the bad relatiosn between Safavids and ottomans were due to Sunni versus Shiite disputes. I heard that these got pretty brutal on occasions.
Rakhsh View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Rakhsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 08:08
Interesting map, some what differnt from others I have seen....
Never under estimate the predictablity of stupidity! - Bullet Tooth Tony
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 09:26

Im guessing the bad relatiosn between Safavids and ottomans were due to Sunni versus Shiite disputes. I heard that these got pretty brutal on occasions.

The bad relations wer mainly due too who controls baghdad and mesopotamia. the ottomans led 3 successfull battles with them over the centuries. sultan selim (mesopotamia), sultan suleyman (capture of baghdad) and sultan murad IV (recapture of baghdad). it was a very big shame that the safavids insisted on war with ottomans even though the turks had much better artillery and modern guns. if they allied and benefited each other, then the ottomans wudnt hav had a 2 front war in some occasions and cud hav consintrated more on europe.

Interesting map, some what differnt from others I have seen....

i looked for a map that showed all 3 empires, it was the best i found and i stated there already that it was probably inaccurate.

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 10:05
I think there was a strong link between these empires and it was the Persian language!
sedamoun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote sedamoun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 10:49

At the western Edge of the Islamic world, northafrican Berbers founder two empires that covered the land from Zaragosa in Spain to the river Senegal in Africa.

The Domain of the Almoravids

(1056 - 1147)

1035 The Berber chief of the Yudala tribe, Yahya Ibn Ibrahim, goes on a pilgrimage to Mecca and decides that it is in his people's interest to adhere to the religious teachings of Islam.

mapaalmoravides.GIF (83863 bytes)

1123 The Almohad movement initiates its battle against the Almoravids at Tinmel, south of Marrakech.

1130 The founder of the Almohad doctrine, Ibn Tumar, dies. His disciple Abd al-Mumin is proclaimed sovereign of part of the Maghreb.

1132 The Almohad advance is initiated in the north of Africa.

1145 The first Almohad troops land in the Iberian Peninsula in response to the plea for help received by Abd al-Mumin from some Andalusis to counteract the Christian advance and the Almoravid weakness in certain areas.

The Domain of the Almohads

(1147 - 1212)

mapaalmohades.GIF (79930 bytes)

Find the complete history on:http://www.legadoandalusi.es

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 07:15

muslim spain was one of the best examples of how the 3 major religions of God (jews, chris, muslms) can co-exist and benefit each other. in muslim spain all woman had a primary school education at a time when woman werent even regarded as human enough to learn, in the rest of christian europe. everone knew how to read and right.

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 07:19

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

I think there was a strong link between these empires and it was the Persian language!

really, somehow i dont think persian was the dominant language to link the empires.  

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 09:18
Originally posted by oTToMAn_TurK

really, somehow i dont think persian was the dominant language to link the empires.  

Why?

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 10:12

Persian whas maybe dominant language of the leaders but Turks where dominant over those area's...

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 11:07

Why?

look, using a few persian words is one thing and using the language to communicate is another. ottoman leaders spoke persian, yes. but they spoke 6-7 other languages of the world as well.

they had to know, otherwise they couldnt be sultan. the ottomans took gaining ilim (knowledge) really seriuosly expecailly when it came to the future leader of state. the sultan had to be able to communicate with all his enemies and allies. unfortunately persians were enemies also at some point in the history.

sedamoun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote sedamoun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 10:09

I have to agree with my kardesler (eventhough i'm not turkish) OttomanTurk.

A little bird told me that the one that wrote this (Cyrus) could be persian, or of persian origins? Could that be?

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 03:15

why Almuravids were mentioned here??

the three Empires in this topic were in the 16th century and Almuravids "Al Murabeteen" were in the 12th and the 13th century AD more than 200 years before the Ottomans established their state.

sedamoun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote sedamoun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 03:31

It's just to let you know.

You don't have to read it my friend, i did a search on the AE motor for Almurvid, Almohades, Al-Andalus and i came up with: "no search results", so i decided to put some light where there was darkness.

Ma'salaama azimuth.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 03:43

then make a new thread about each one of them

i think they deserve to have one each. not here in a non related topic talking about different Empires.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 03:50

Why?

well, can you show me a persian speaking minority(not even majority) in ottomans?

a little over estimating persian effect?

Relation between ottomans and moghuls were fine and It is still fine.

Turkey and  Pakistan have good relation, and their people like each other. At least I can say it for turks.

And pakistan(also indian)  muslims sent money for independence war of Turkey.

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 04:09

And pakistan(also indian)  muslims sent money for independence war of Turkey.

i herd about that, i also herd that aghanistan and the indonesian people of Acheh also sent money is that true?

Bakma View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Bakma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 04:51
turkic people from central asia sent money too and some fought with us.
Inson borki insonlarning naqshidir, inson borki hayvon undan yaxshidir
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 05:06

well I heard help from central asia and acheh too.(ottomans had good  relation with  acheh too)

pakistan  people also helped Turkey at cyprus conflict too. They  gave money and oil to Turkey. I heard some of them were  volunter for cyprus war.(I think majority  of them is doctors) We own them much.

Also we should not forget, arab help at cyprus war.(Maybe It will soften some of our  anti-arab feelings.)

So point, relation between ottomans and moghuls were fine, and their sons are following this good relation.

khalid bin walid View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote khalid bin walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2005 at 02:48

Below is a link to the Mirat ul Memalik(the Mirror of Nations)(1557) by the Ottoman Admiral Sidi Piri Reis, who was shipwrecked of the Gujarat coastline while fighting the Portuguese. It records his journey home through India, Afghanistan, Iran etc. and shows friendly relations between the Ottoman and Mughal empire. However both Ottomans and Mughals hated the iranians (probably due to prolonged border conflicts, although the ethno-centric arrogance commonly found in iranians posting on these pages may also have been present in Iranians of yesteryear, and contributed to others disliking them). Aurangezeb commonly refered to Persians as "carrion eating wolves", hardly a term of endearment

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00generallinks/ sidialireis/

http://www.siue.edu/HISTORY/SidiAliHindustan.html

------------------------------------------------------------ -------

Who would long for the houris of heaven ,

whose good fortune has bought him to the  lulis of Kabul

(Mirat ul Memalik)

Edited by khalid bin walid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>