Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ottoman versus Ottoman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which city ended up being the most attractive?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [35.29%]
11 [64.71%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ottoman versus Ottoman
    Posted: 23-Dec-2005 at 14:33
Originally posted by Mila

Originally posted by Cywr

Count your blessings, those fhighrises could have been built by Glasgow city council

But you don't have Bosniaks to inhabit yours, that makes all the difference.

Commieblock (Communist era highrise) culture here is just... sickening. Old hausfrau's with their hair in rollers screaming from upper balconies at their kids, screaming conversations with other fat, middle-aged women in adjacent buildings, hanging their clothes out over their balconies, throwing their shoes down at anyone who annoys them, watching every move every unmarried girl makes and reporting every breath to her must hateful, brutal male relative.

And so on.

Reminds me of those jokes...

"You know you're a Bosniak when..."

- Your mother already knows everything you did downtown before you get home.

Printed in a paper here during Ramadan:

Bosniaks really know how to have a good time:

(Hehehe, it's from a mosque - which makes it even funnier because we all know mosques have football fields, swimming pools, fishing ponds, and bicycle tracks.)

Reminds me of when they first posted the rules in English and it said: "You are permitted to probe in all areas of the mosque except during prayer times and if you are respectful you can expect the same treatment from worshippers."

- If you're a girl, everything you do well is congratulated with "now you can get married". If you're 20 and still not engaged your parents look at you quizically all day and suddenly start critisizing everything you do, including but not limited to how you sit, how you speak, where you place your hands when not busy, how you breath, and so on.

And another I liked...you know you're a Bosniak refugee abroad when:

You have a brand new house in a modern city with state-of-the-art appliances but your mother still cooks in the basement on the old stove from Bosnia.

And my ALL time favorite because it's so true:

- When speaking English, your parents say beach instead of b*tch and b*tch instead of beach. LOL

LOL

lol

Did you see Rane?
bosnian ruler View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote bosnian ruler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2005 at 13:41
Sarajevo is much more beautiful then Mostar
Hvaljen neka je Allah, koji je nebesa i Zemlju stvorio i tmine i svjetlo dao, pa opet oni koji ne vjeruju - druge sa Gospodarom svojim izjedanauju!
Al-An'am
YuGo View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote YuGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2005 at 13:28

Sarajevo!

I chose Sarajevo, because I am more familiar with that type of ottoman architecture. As far as I have seen, The Ottoman architecture in Sarajevo, reflects the type of architecture in most of north-central Bosnia. Mostar  represents Herzegovina. I find Sarajevo as a whole, a much more vibrant, and beautiful city. Sarajevo's blend of east and west overshadows Mostars Ottoman beauty. So, my choice is of course Sarajevo.

But I have to show this photo of Mostar, taken in the late 1980's.

Edited by YuGo
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2005 at 16:28
I would say, Sarajevo, my hometown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12