Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite small dynasty.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favourite small dynasty.
    Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 23:54
Had one before, now I'll restart it, mine are northern wei and Jin, which are the two most powerful ones.
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 02:05

Small dynasty?  As in the size of its territory?  Actually, I like the central Asian nations a lot.... but they aren't really dynasties i guess.

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 10:36
Small dynasties mean dynasties that haven't controlled all of China.
Wrageowrapper View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Wrageowrapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2004 at 23:13
I'd say Nanman if wasn't for the fact its probably
made-up.
Nuenonne Palawa-kani wrageowrapper.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2004 at 17:21
later Song counts then I guess
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2004 at 07:26

Wrageowrapper:

nanman wasn't a dynasty, it was a name given to everyone to the south of China.. "southern barbarians"

[URL=http://imageshack.us]
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2004 at 08:47

I prefer Liao(Khitan) and Jin(Jurchen) over Northern Wei. I know Northern Wei was very powerful and was able to destroy Rou-ruan(Juan-juan)empire but my knowledge on them was very little so i choose the Liao and Jin.

I think Nanman was the name given to people in Yunnan province and the Burmese only because if i'm not mistaken the Vietnamese,Laothian(people from Laos) and Thai were also called Yue just like the Chinese who dwelled on the South of Yangtse river was called Yue by the Chinese in Central Plain in ancient time.

MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2004 at 17:51

Hey warhead,

I don't have one for small dynasty, but I have one for short dynasty: Shun Dynasty (New Dynasty,) which was after the Western Han dynasty and before the Eastern Han dynasty.

Peace,

Michael

9-29-2004

hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2004 at 20:04
Originally posted by MengTzu

Hey warhead,

I don't have one for small dynasty, but I have one for short dynasty: Shun Dynasty (New Dynasty,) which was after the Western Han dynasty and before the Eastern Han dynasty.

Peace,

Michael

9-29-2004

You will have to call it "Xin" dynasty for warhead.  That's the PRC spelling.

Wang Mang is just a perfect example of how power corrupts all.

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2004 at 20:14

Hey Hansioux,

I guess I'm just ever the nonconformist (perhaps because it makes me feel special?)  I'm wary of the "Han, good, Wang Mang, corupt usurper" paradigm.  I mean, sure, he probably was corrupt.  But he brought about changes to the Han academia.  For a "du shu ren" like myself, that's what really matters.

Peace,

Michael

9-30-2004

hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2004 at 20:25
Originally posted by MengTzu

Hey Hansioux,

I guess I'm just ever the nonconformist (perhaps because it makes me feel special?)  I'm wary of the "Han, good, Wang Mang, corupt usurper" paradigm.  I mean, sure, he probably was corrupt.  But he brought about changes to the Han academia.  For a "du shu ren" like myself, that's what really matters.

Peace,

Michael

9-30-2004

Well, he made decisions that made the flamine worse than it has to be.  He had no leadership and really did abuse his power.  I don't think the Han emporer before him was any better.  So I don't think it was wrong for him to overthrow the Han dynasty.  I never look at history from that perspective.  But Wang Mang became a totally different person after he took the seat.  He started out to be a really gentle and studious man, and became this just want to enjoy life and screw the rest of the world person.  That's why I said he is the example of power corrupts all.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2004 at 20:36
touche
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2004 at 13:57

Zhao, Northern Wei, Khitan Liao and Jurchet Jin are my favorites.

Originally posted by TongShanThaiHiung

I know Northern Wei was very powerful and was able to destroy Rou-ruan(Juan-juan)empire but my knowledge on them was very little so i choose the Liao and Jin.

The Tujue destroyed the Ruanruan, the Beiwei only defeated them.

[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2004 at 19:27

"You will have to call it "Xin" dynasty for warhead."

There is no need, I understand what he is talking about. And that spelling isn't only PRC but singapore and the standard spelling today in the U.S. textbook as well.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2004 at 13:58

Wang Mang is wasn't really that bad of a guy, Its just he is hammared in History Books. Most Cause the Han that wrote the history on him wasn't exactly gonna be nice to his history. Han was losing the mandate of Heaven, and Wang Mang was in the imperial line through marriage. He didn't take control of the Han Dynasty to nget rich, but the the betterment of China. He was a strong Confusicous, who took the power of the Elite, and gave it to the people. His ideas where surprisingly modernstict, and his Dynasty was very promising but he hit bad luck. The yellow river changed directions on him twice, and famine hit, so all the peasants that he was workign for started to rebel against, him, and thats when he was finished.

Post Reply Post Reply