Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nations Time Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nations Time Line
    Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 01:16
-

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 02:27
The Republic of Armenia declared its independence from the Soviet Union on September 21, 1991 by holding a vote for the general public. The overwhelming majority chose independence, and gave birth to the first Armenian Republic since 1918-1920, after only 2 years of total independence in over 600 years.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 11:26
The Netherlands declared independence in 1588. It was recognized by Spain (the former owner of the place) in 1648. The Netherlands became a kingdom in 1814.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 14:02

Spain was formed in 1476 when Castille and Aragon merged. Isabel (Castille) and Fernando (Aragon) married.

In 1514 the kingdom of Navarre was incorpored, so the peninsular frontiers of Spain became what they are today (minor changes).

As precedents Spain was united under Roman rule (from around 19 bC to around 400 aC) and after Visigoths (circa 550-711).

During 1580-1640 Spain and Portugal united. The american colonies were lost mostly in 1810-25. In 1898 Spain lost Cuba and Puerto Rico (which were Spanish provinces) and in 1975 the last overseas colony (Sahara) was abandoned.

Since 15th century the kingdom has changed their constitutional rules. In 1715 Bourbon kings stablished similar laws for every part of the kingdom. In 1808-12 Frenchs conquered the country. In 1872-73 and 1931-36 the country was a Republic and in 1938-75 a dictatorship. In 1975 Spain became a constitutional kingdom with an autonomous territorial organization (almost federal).

All dates quoted by heart. Sorry for mistakes.

Evildoer View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Evildoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 15:29

Canada became a "Dominion" in 1987 when the Confederation took place, uniting all of the Provinces. A Canadian Parliament continued to direct the country's affairs with certain British interference until the earth 21st century.

Currently the Parliament officially needs the consent of the Governor General to pass bills but it is just formality. Queen is the official head of state, but I hope that changes...

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 17:42
Well the UK ain't never declared indipendance, so its a little more complicated.
The groundwork for the present system owes itself to the Normans who conqured England from the the Ango-Saxon rulers in 1066. Wales was conquered and added beginning in 1284, and finaly formalized in 1536 with an act of Union.
Another act of Union in 1707 and the United Kingdom formaly came into being (Unification of English and Scotish kingdoms).
In 1801 Ireland was formaly added (despite being ruled on and off by both England and Scotland in part for some centuries IIRC), with the South obtaining their freedom in 1921. 1927 saw the formal adopation of the officaial present name - United Kingdom of Great Britian and Northern Ireland

The Netherlands (my other home away from home) has been covered, but to fill it out some.
In 1814 it became part of the United Kingdom of the Netherlands (including Belgium and Luxemburg), a Constitutional Monarchy, but its head of state, some King by the name of Willem *insert number here* was a bit of a thicky, and the Cathlolics in former lands of the Belgea didn't like him, so they had a 'revolution' and in 1830 became a seperate state - Belgium. This was known as the Chips War (Patat Oorlog), and to this day, people all over the low countries celebrate by putting lots of different sauces on their fries to represent all the different people's who once lived in the United Kingom, Kurriesaus (Hollander Spice traders), Mayonaise (Flemmings), Garlic sauce (French Wallons), etc.
In 1839, Luxemburg went its seperate way, leaving only the Kingdom of the Netherlands behind.

Actualy, i made some of that up, lets hope your sensible enough to figure out what.

Arrrgh!!"
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 18:47
it's a bit difficult for Germany, but I would say 1971...
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 18:50
1971?
Do you mean 1871?
Arrrgh!!"
Evildoer View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Evildoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 19:17

Where are you from Cywr? Is it really Vatican or is it a joke?

The portrait is Mr.Bean I know... Your name sounds Welsh.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 19:27
I am indeed Welsh, and no, i'm not from the Vatican, just felt like selecting it when i registered. Where am i from, Wales originaly, but i've lived in the Netherlands for much of my life, and am presently stuck in the ugly Urban sprawl that is the Greater London area.
The portrait is of Lord Blackadder (2nd series), a role played by Rowan Atkinson, the same actor who plays Mr. Bean.
Arrrgh!!"
Evildoer View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Evildoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 19:32
There are many copies of that video in my library - never watched it but I saw a lot of Mr. Beans's other videos.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 19:38
You should, Black Adder is funnier and more clever than Mr. Bean IMHO. Though admitably much of it is bit corny and silly.
Arrrgh!!"
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 20:28

For countries like France and England it is hard to say where they began to become a nation. But roughly, although many historians might disagree I would say France was united as a country under Clovis in 496, considered by some as the first french (Frank) king. But formally I would say after the victory of Philip Augustus at Bouvine in the 13th century.

I wonder If France was defeated in the Capetian wars and the 100 years war, what would have happened.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 04:38
Originally posted by Cywr

some King by the name of Willem *insert number here*

It's 'I' (one)

In 1839, Luxemburg went its seperate way, leaving only the Kingdom of the Netherlands behind.

Luxemburg declared independence in 1835. In 1839 large parts of Luxemburg were ceded to Belgium.
Technically Luxembourg was already independent in 1815. At the congress of Vienna was decided that the Netherlands and Luxembourg would form a personal union. The Grand Duke of Luxemburg was the King of the Netherlands until 1890, when king/grand duke William III died, leaving no male heir. Luxembourgic law didn't allow women to become grand duke, so a distant cousin of William III became grand duke.
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 14:54

In Wake of Turkish War of Independence(1919-1922),Republic of Turkiye founded in 1923.The Ottoman Empire became history.The Foreign Armies,which had occupied the lands of current Turkiye after the First World War,left Turkiye by saluting the Turkish Flag

Republic of Turkiye is the 16.state in the history founded by the  Turkish Nation.

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 16:38
Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

Originally posted by Cywr

some King by the name of Willem *insert number here*

It's 'I' (one)

Luxemburg declared independence in 1835. In 1839 large parts of Luxemburg were ceded to Belgium.
Technically Luxembourg was already independent in 1815. At the congress of Vienna was decided that the Netherlands and Luxembourg would form a personal union. The Grand Duke of Luxemburg was the King of the Netherlands until 1890, when king/grand duke William III died, leaving no male heir. Luxembourgic law didn't allow women to become grand duke, so a distant cousin of William III became grand duke.

Yeah, muddled up there, the bit about the chips war is right though.
Arrrgh!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 16:47
Now were talking about weird wars, in the 18th century there was the Kettle War. Austria wanted to reopen the Schelde river so the ships from Antwerp could reach the sea again. This created a 'war' in during which there was shot only once. A Dutch ship fired a cannonball at an Austrian ship. The cannonball hit the kettle on bord of an Austrian ship. Thereafter Austria abandoned their plan.
Casualties: 0
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 16:51

Casualties: 0

That's my kinda war. Sign me up.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2004 at 09:48
Originally posted by Evildoer

Canada became a "Dominion" in 1987 when the Confederation took place, uniting all of the Provinces. A Canadian Parliament continued to direct the country's affairs with certain British interference until the earth 21st century.

Currently the Parliament officially needs the consent of the Governor General to pass bills but it is just formality. Queen is the official head of state, but I hope that changes...

Ummm I know we are young but not quite that young. I think you ment 1867 as the date of confederation. But you could be refering to the "Meech lake accord" which did take place in 1987.

Athough the present configeration wasn't till 1999 when the territory of Nunavut was added.  

Edited by Dawn
Evildoer View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Evildoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2004 at 17:37

Lol I severly mistyped those numbers. I knew it was 1867 (I remember using the "Expo 67" Centenial)....

Sorry for the severe mistake... Canada was found in 1867.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>