Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

turks and etruscans are TROAN?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: turks and etruscans are TROAN?
    Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 17:48
Drgonzaga
And are you not imposing a modern word "state" to achieve the same ends?

Instead of digging yourself into a deeper hole, why don't you just admit you were wrong and need to study these issues alot more.

I'm not "imposing" anything, just explaining the different names of the Ottomans.

Osmanlı Beyliği
l-i Osman
Bab-i Ali - The Sublime port

The term used by Arabs : Dawlat-e Ālīa-ē 'Usmānīah (The Sublime Ottoman State),

The Wests Latin referrence to the Ottomans :  Turchia, Imperium Turcicum 

etc etc

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 18:01
Keep this discussion civil guys. Debate the history without the innuendos.
finikis View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote finikis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2008 at 01:49
ok lets have a look the researching by Sacro Cuore University and results..

result:

A certain degree of affinity with Turkish and southern Anatolian breeds was also shown by Cinisara and Rendena. The former is autochthonous in Sicily, an important crossroad for Eastern Mediterranean cultures in the first millennium BC, as the remains of Punic and Greek colonies testify. The latter is raised in the mountain region along the Adige River (northeast Italy), where in ancient times the Raeti settled. Intriguingly, archaeological remains suggest that Raeti shared a common origin with Etruscans, because they had been speaking a proto-Etruscan language at least since the beginning of the Iron Age onwards (van der Meer 2004).

Boorock View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Boorock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 10:09
Boorock View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Boorock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 10:21
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1181945

Another link , İt is related with  a genetic study about etruscan origin which was made by a group of italian scientist in 2004.80 etruscan skeleton which were found the diggins in italy were analysed genetically and results were compared with all modern nations DNA structures , Finally It was clearly seen and understood that They were TURKİC.

Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 12:18
Etruscans were Anatolians. So are the Turks, genetically speaking.

Etruscans are not Turkic, that is ridiculous. Turkic peoples lived in Central Asia at that time.  
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 13:19
Actually the Etruscans being Anatolian, or more prescisely Lydian, is just one uncertain hypothesis among many concerning their origin. This one is particularly dubious as its based solely on a legend told by Herodotus. There is some consensus though that they were members of the so-called Tyrsenian language group, supposedly non-Indo-European.

Originally posted by Boorock

Another link , İt is related with  a genetic study about etruscan origin which was made by a group of italian scientist in 2004.80 etruscan skeleton which were found the diggins in italy were analysed genetically and results were compared with all modern nations DNA structures , Finally It was clearly seen and understood that They were TURKİC.

Yeah...no. Ermm
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 13:23
Actually the Etruscans being Anatolian, or more prescisely Lydian, is just one uncertain hypothesis among many concerning their origin. This one is particularly dubious as its based solely on a legend told by Herodotus.
That's not correct either. There were current studies which looked at their DNA and the DNA of their livestock and they both match Anatolians best. So it is not a dubious theory it is the current consensus.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 14:09
Alright. I read some articles on this study, and it does seem to strengthen Herodotus' story. I remain skeptical of DNA studies in general though, partly because of past experience with DNA studies that were carried out on the wrong premises, partly because I'm not a genetics scientist and thus I have no way of verifying the results for my own sake.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 19:33
Originally posted by finikis

This subject is verypopular in last times..i found this genetic results..i wonder if there is someone in AE can give more info to us..

http://sophistikatedkids.com/turkic/34Etruscans/EtruskGeneti csEn.htm

If you talk about the Turks in present day Turkey then maybe but they are such a mix of different ethnics groups that I wonder if they could be still called Turkic. In my opinion though if they do not have Rum or Byzantine blood then I have my doubts, but there are other ethnic groups in that region who could possibly make that ethnic connection, Turkish people are so mixed today. I have been to Turkey and Greece and I saw all the different faces in Turkey. I thought Turkey is much more diverse than Greece but I saw diversity in Greece also.

Turkic - NO!! they came from around Mongollia
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 20:41
The genetics, with its appearance of scientific objectivity, holds obvious—albeit illusory—appeal. As Appelbaums remarked for nations with strong claims to territorial sovereignty, genetic data will be irrelevant; for nations with weak claims, such data will always be inadequate. Advocates who look to genetics for a decisive victory are certain to be disappointed. Nationality is a matter of culture and education and not genetic (mixtures) issue.
ancalimon View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ancalimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2011 at 20:27
First of all: There is no genetic identifier for being a Turk. Today it's a linguistic term. There are Turks all over the planet that don't look like each other. In fact it could even simply be a religious term in the past meaning "people with a similar law" because even during 11th century, some people speaking Turkic were not considered worthy of being a Turk because they had become polytheists unlike ancestors of Turks who were always monotheists. So being a Turk in the past was not about language, race, ethnic identity, friendship. It was more probably about religion. So even if a group of people spoke a Turkic dialect in the past does not necessarily make those people Turks.
It's simply about the origin of Proto-Language which might have been a form of Turkic language which got changed by some other Turkic speaking clergy who had power over simple people and who were hungry for even more power. Europeans proposed such a theory in the past called Sun-Language-Theory claiming Turkic language was the first ever language spoken on Earth but just like other theories during those times, it was laughable and full of bullshit and was researched very poorly and rejected as a result. The case was closed. We need new people to do proper research with proper tools at their disposal on the same theory. Unfortunately political (economy, racism) and cultural (religion) obstacles are too much to even think about reopening the closed Sun-Language-Theory.

Here are some Etruscan writings and how we read them in Turkic.

We can see the woman holding the hand of an armed man and say: ii ulaθ iline inaθ
It looks like a sad parting scene with a horse on the background. The soldier is probably heading for the horse after the farewell.

In Turkish the sentence would be:  İyi ulaş iline yınat.  (yınat is old Turkic meaning the following: cleanse wounds, get well, to still be alive)

İYİ: good, healthy, safe, well
ULAŞ: to reach
İL: country, civilization, to civilize other people
İLİNE: "to your country" or "your quest to civilize someone"

it says "reach your country safe and sound and cleanse your wounds"

Turkic Yınat becoming "inaθ"  (Y is dropped) and  T becoming θ (a sound between T and S) can be seen on other Etruscan writings as well.

We see a man driving a chariot.
ax1a iðuk aθe kufarke

the last two words:  aθe kufarke   : atı kuvar-koşar-kuşar eke:  
at: horse  
koşar: galloping ,running 
kuşar: to get ready
kuvar: driving away (to make something run away from you)    
eke: during   
> in Turkish: ATI KOŞAR İKEN - ATI KOŞARKEN > in English: while his horse was galloping,running.
or  ATI KUVARKEN: While driving his horse at high speed.

or for example:

Hermial kapzna slman

In Turkish: Hermes'in kapısına saldırma :  Don't attack the door of Hermes. (it's theorized that the person wrote this on the gravestone so that people would not damage the gravestone)

The soldier on the left says: enkten  It's engdin in Turkic and it means: you have made a mistake, you have been confused, you have been caught off guard.
I guess the rest of the picture speaks for itself. The soldier on the left says you made a mistake, you have been caught off guard and we can see the soldier on the right being caught off guard.

Work done by Doç, Dr. Çingiz KARAŞARLI. He is publishing a book about this.  I just translated these.

Edited by ancalimon - 24-Sep-2011 at 09:05
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112