Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what is the best warrior turan history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: WHAT IS THE BEST
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [36.92%]
19 [29.23%]
7 [10.77%]
9 [13.85%]
2 [3.08%]
4 [6.15%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Luv_ya_Azerbaijan View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Luv_ya_Azerbaijan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is the best warrior turan history
    Posted: 13-Feb-2006 at 18:58

Cengiz Khan the great warrior...this guy was the mans man...

Oh and I support Turan 100%

Turk milletlerinin birlik yoluna!!!!
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2006 at 20:45
Originally posted by merced12

ALL OF THEM GREAT BUT CHOOSE ONE
I vote for MAGNIFICIENT SULEYMAN.
Anfører
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 02:29

Attila the Hun,

Pole ristiline,aga kas olen?

Aga arutagem ra

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 22:25

WHY

CENGIZ KHAN A MONGOL WARRIOR AND MONGOL IS TURAN NATIONS.MONGOLS ,MAGYAR ,TURKS,KOREAN.FINNISH...... IS TURAN NATIONS.

I THINK YOU LOOK HISTORY BOOK  OR SEARCH GOOGLE OK

AND I DONT LIKE DREAM I LIKE REAL FACTS DREAMS ONLY STUPID PEOPLE 

If Finns are counted, then the greatest Turan warrior was Fieldmarshal Mannerheim.
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 13:28

Probably Sheikh Shamil  and other heroes that fought for independence of Eastern Turkestan(Sinkiang) and achieved that for a while...

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 13:31
By the way, it is not "Atilla, Sword of God", the true one is "Attila, Scourge of God"
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 01:18

Attila the Hun,

Pole ristiline,aga kas olen?

Aga arutagem ra

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 23:04

Definitely Atilla ...

Wish u guys had put Alp Er Tunga, or Kur-Shad...

But if it includes recent times, then Ataturk(the guy never lost a single battle!!! & against like 7 diff. peoples!

Edited by CamokaGurth
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 23:38

Ohh also i saw the dispute between Genghis Khan being Turkic or Mongol... well i have some opinions:

First of all, even if we claim that history is a positive science we can never accept the preciseness of it. Because we get different information from many different sources, in which the best thing to do is to combine all those sources. Such as, a historian(European) says that in the battle of Nigbolu there were 120,000 Turks against 80,000 Crusaders... while a Turkish historian says there were 100,000 Turks and 200,000 Crusaders... so in these situations we have to believe both.(the real numbers were 110,000 Turks & 140,000 Crusaders as accepted by many sources if you were curious )

One such topic is the root of Genghis Khan... There have been many stupid suggestions(such as him being French). As general evidence we accept him as Mongol for he started as leading the Mongols, a great analysis with direct thinking, yet there are many evindences of a probable Turkic root...:

1-) He spoke Turkish as well as he could speak Mongolian. (we can't know which one was his primary language but we know he sent his international messages in Turkish.)

2-) On many places he introduced himself as a Turk, yet he also introduced himself as the Khan of the Nomads on many occasions... He may have called himself "Turk" because the Arabs called all the nomads Turks.

3-) According to the Chinese, Genghis Khans' roots go back to the Sha-To, who are, also according to the Chinese, descents from GokTurks.

4-) Based on descriptions, physically he didn't look Mongol. He had brown hair and colored eyes, just as the GokTurk Khans.

5-) According to legend, Genghis Khans blood traces to the wolf. At the time the Mongols considered the dog sacred, while the Turks had even made banners of wolves...

6-) ''Uturk al-Turka ma tarakkum" which means "Do not mess with the Turks as long as they don't mess with you", the words of Prophet Mohammad, mentioned during a meeting between Vahideddin Fuanci, a Muslim alim, and Genghis Khan when he asked him "He sounds like a wise, foreseeing man. Did he say anything about me?" and on the reply "He spoke true, it doesn't do good to mess with us"

7-) An Arab told Ogedei Khan one day, that he saw his father(Genghis Khan) in his dream, and he spoke to him. On this the Khan asked "What language did he speak?" , the Arab guy told him it was Arabic and the Khan's reply was "My dad only knew Turkish and Mongol".

8-) Most of his army was made of Turks.

Sources

1)Secret History of Mongols
2)Cengiz Han'n tm dnyaya ele geirmek istemesindeki amac kendine gre dnyay adaletle ynetmesi idi/Moollarn Gizli Tarihi, eviren Ahmet Temir, Ankara 1948.

3)Trk Islamic Encyclopedia

4)ingiz Han, muhtemelen, yalnz Mool ana dilini deil, ayn zamanda Trkeyi de biliyordu., halefleri ise daha baka lisan bilmekle beraber Moolcay da iyice bilmekte idiler.

(Bertold Spuler,Persian Mongols, S.491) Tr. vers.

5)A.Yu.Yakubovskiy

6)ingiz Han ordusu askerlerinden birou Trktler. bn-al-Asir yardan daha fazlasnn Trk olduunu syler. Nitekim ingiz Han ordusu Semerkand fethettikten sonra, Hvarizm-ahn Trk mdafilerini, fatihlerle ayn rka mensup olduklar iin korumu olmalar buna bir misal tekil eder.

(Bertold Spuler, Persian Mongols, S.495) Tr. Vers.

7)A.Yu.Yakubovskiy, (Golden Horde and It's Fall, S.61-62) Turkish.

NOTE:  This had been roughly translated from http://lostlibrary.org

Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 10:28

Originally posted by Kapikulu

Probably Sheikh Shamil  and other heroes that fought for independence of Eastern Turkestan(Sinkiang) and achieved that for a while...

don't forget Osman Batur..

kroglu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Suspended

Quote kroglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2006 at 18:42

All of them are heroes... But ATATURK is the hero of the heroes!!!!

http://www.kanalturkcu28.tr.cx/

dirtnap View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote dirtnap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2006 at 20:31
1) Genghis Khan

I think Khan is the greatest warrior(general, ruler, dude with an army) ever in the history of man followed by Alexander the great.

Attila is top 5 material but number 2 out of these choices...

Suevari View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Quote Suevari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2006 at 15:51
Originally posted by Alone_Wolf

Originally posted by blitz

Genghis Khan was a turan guy?   Dream on, baby!

*Such dreaming can often turn a battle of wits into a nightmare. The Dungeon might clear the senses*

False.

Mongols werent Turk but Gengis Khan was a Turk.He was a member of Golden Family.

My vote is for Fatih Sultan Mehmed.

Yes, Mongols are not Turkic, but it doesn't matter wheter or not Genghis Khan was a Turk or not because Mongols ARE Turanic.  Turanic doesn't neccesarily mean Turkic - Turanic tends to colloctivize all Altiac (and possibly Uralic) peoples - this includes Mongols.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2006 at 11:39

In that case Turanic becomes a nonsense term. As Culturally and racially, Japanese, Koreans, Finnish or some other groups has nothing to do with other Turkic groups. This is just a linguistical term. The problem is Altai-Uralic language theory is not firmly established.

If there is one group which is Turanic, then they shoud have some specific cultural commonity. Actually when it's recreated by Hungarians, it only based on linguistic ties. When it was used by Persian texts (such as Shahname)  it was designated to the nomadic Indo-European tribes who had continuos battles with them. When it's used by Chinese historians earlier than that, it was used for the nomadic people's who were descendents of Hunnic peoples. When its used by the people themselves, it was Tura. It included almost all of the Turkic tribes.

So Turanic should be more or less limitted to the Turkic people. The mongols during the time of Chengis can be included due to excesssive contact with and later intergration into Turkic people.But the present day Mongols were mainly Tungustic.  

Either make a history or become a history.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 13:20
It was a hard choice between atilla cengis and timur because the others were ottoman sultans they were military geniuses but not real warrior they didn't engage in the campaings i think i think you know what I mean
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 10:12
CONQUEROR FATIH
Im living Istanbul, thanks to him!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 15:07
 fatih! because attila didnt conqure rome. maybe he got reason but... and i believe that at the age of suleyman maybe ottoman look like strong but at the inside ottoman  was getting worst. cengiz did some thing wrong. he divide his country for his childeren.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 15:12

ATATRK WAS BİGGER THAN THAT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 01:14

you call this a poll for turan fighters i think who posted this poll I think said that turan is a "nation" of turks mongols fins koreans and japanese right? so why do I only see turks one hun and one "turkefied" mongol and one "monglofied" turk?

what about a samurai we all know that the samurai was verry effective in one on one combat isn't that a real warrior.

So my vote is ROurouni kenshinBig smile nah I vote Miyamoto Musashi

I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123