Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what is the best warrior turan history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: WHAT IS THE BEST
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [36.92%]
19 [29.23%]
7 [10.77%]
9 [13.85%]
2 [3.08%]
4 [6.15%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is the best warrior turan history
    Posted: 19-Oct-2005 at 18:59
Attila, because he almost destroyed the greatest empire ever.

And about the Ottoman Emperors, Mehmed and Selim... They were not Turkic (or Turanoid) ethnically.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2005 at 20:41

By the time Attila became King, the Eastern Roman Empire had already faced incursions from Goths. He did not necessarily want their land as much as he desired tribute in gold. The Romans vacillated between payments and withholdings. Once he dominated the market, burned villages and incorporated other ethnic tribes, he solidified his tribute and pursued his policies to the west. Against Aetius and Theodoric the Huns were checked at Chalons. They could have been crushed were it not for politics. Instead Attila was allowed retreat. He continued to overrun lands up to Rome.

Cengiz gets my vote because he always dictated terms and was victorious in his battles.

What were those two Ottoman Sultans if not 'Turk'?

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2005 at 05:58

I think his refering to the Sultans having foreign having children with foreign womens. But i suppose this comes down to what your opinion on how 'pure' you must be in order to actually be a Turk, which i think is off the subject, although would make and interesting topic.

BTW. Fatih Sultan Muhammad, wins hands down. If he had not died when he did then iam sure that Italy do would have become Ottoman. Completed the Islamic prophecy of taking Istanbul. Previous Turks, Arabs and Persions all tried

Very wise man indeed

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2005 at 06:57
Kotumeyil, I'll choose where and how I should write, MYSELF; it has nothing to do with you, alright?
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2005 at 14:13

You shouldn't hijack a topic about warriors to ask how your friends are. You can ask it through PM...

[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2005 at 14:42

sshhht! ayib oluyo beyler

for me its Alparslan with his wise words.

EDIT: kotumeyil, modsun anladikta, abartma...

Edited by DayI
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2005 at 15:14
You know, had Alp Arslan been on the list, I would be entitled to choose him as my sentimental favorite. A few really good victories, but still not enough to put him at the top of the list.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2005 at 15:18
Originally posted by Seko

What were those two Ottoman Sultans if not 'Turk'?

Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not racist, but we are talking about Turanoid warriors, remember? They were "Turk" but not "Turkic".
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2005 at 15:26
Yes. I know what you are saying. 'Turanoid' Turkic for central asians and Turkish Turk for the anatolians etc. I like to simplify matters by believing that they are all Turks.
Janissary View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Janissary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2005 at 18:23

I think it is Gul Tegin, becouse, many of Great Ottoman Sultans did not fought, bu He did.

But i am not Against that ha

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2006 at 10:42
I vote 4 genghis khan he was truly a great leader and a wise man .

Edited by ahiskali
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2006 at 03:43
Originally posted by blitz

Genghis Khan was a turan guy?   Dream on, baby!

*Such dreaming can often turn a battle of wits into a nightmare. The Dungeon might clear the senses*

False.

Mongols werent Turk but Gengis Khan was a Turk.He was a member of Golden Family.

My vote is for Fatih Sultan Mehmed.

Edited by Alone_Wolf
Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2006 at 10:23
Originally posted by blitz

merced12,

r u 12 years old?      Joke.  Turan relates only with turks. And this word is often misused by turkic nationalists.  Mongols have nothing to do with turans.

The Turanians are a family of related ethno-linguistic groups: the Hungarians, the peoples of the Caucasus, the Uralic group (Finnic and West Siberian peoples), and the Altaic group (Turkic, Mongolian, Tungus-Manchu, Korean and Japanese peoples).

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2006 at 16:42
something like Turanian does not exist. period. if the fantasy continues, topic will be closed.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2006 at 22:54
Turkoglu, you are mistaken.

Turanoid does not include every race, which is related to Ural-Altaic language group.

Turanoid and Turkic are more or less the same thing.

By the way, the Japanese are not a part of Altaic.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2006 at 22:56
I voted for Attila. I think his rivals were more powerful than Genghis'.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 09:14
My vote goes to Genghis Khan. I (70%) agree with all members from Turkey.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 12:38
i would deff vote for Kursat.... with only 40 men .. take over the chiniese place .. kill the emporer .. and run like hell .. thats a real hero rest are great generals and head of states
BigL View Drop Down
General
General

Quote BigL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2006 at 23:09

Attilas huns were a weaker steppe tribe pushed into the unfavourable grasslands of hungary by more powerful Xiongnu tribes,thus losing the battle of chalons as they didnt have enough horsemen by that time.

Genghis khan who else

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2006 at 13:08

Guys Turanian is some kind of a wrong decision here.

Topic' s name should be Altaic Warriors. Mongols and Turks are the continutiy of the Altaic nation. We are same people, originally, but it was before our natinal identites were shaped.

Now, Merced used a term Turanian, a term created by Hungarians which is a cousinship of Finnics, Ugorics, Turkics, Mongolics and Tunghusics, it is I think not really reliable...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>