Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closediran turks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: iran turks
    Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 06:29

in iran turks

Azerbaijani, South

[azb] 23,500,000 in Iran (1997). Population includes 290,000 Afshar, 5,000 Aynallu, 7,500 Baharlu, 1,000 Moqaddam, 3,500 Nafar 1,000 Pishagchi, 3,000 Qajar, 2,000 Qaragozlu, 130,000 Shahsavani (1993). Population total all countries: 24,364,000. East and West Azerbaijan, Ardebil, Zanjan, and part of Markazi provinces. Many in a few districts of TehranTehran. Some Azerbaijani-speaking groups are in Fars Province and other parts of Iran. Also spoken in Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Jordan, Syria, Turkey (Asia), USA. Alternate names: Azeri, Torki.  Dialects: Aynallu (Inallu, Inanlu), Karapapakh, Tabriz, Afshari (Afshar, Afsar), Shahsavani (Shahseven), Moqaddam, Baharlu (Kamesh), Nafar, Qaragozlu, Pishagchi, Bayat, Qajar. Distinctive linguistic differences between the Azerbaijani of the former USSR (North) and Iranian Azerbaijani (South) in phonology, lexicon, morphology, syntax, and loanwords. Teimurtash (7,000 in Mazanderan; possibly the same as Teimuri, Timuri, Taimouri) and Salchug (in Kerman Province) may be dialects. Qashqa'i may be a dialect. Part of the Qizilbash merchant group speak the Afshari dialect, which is strongly influenced by Persian. The dialect spoken in Syria is different from Kirkuk of Iraq, and may be closer to Turkish (Osmanli) than to Azerbaijani. There is a gradual transition of dialects from Turkish to Azerbaijani from central to western Turkey.  Classification: Altaic, Turkic, Southern, Azerbaijani 

kaz] 3,000 in Iran (1982). Gorgan City, Mazanderan Province. Alternate names: Kazak, Kazakhi, Gazaqi.  Classification: Altaic, Turkic, Western, Aralo-Caspian 

Khalaj, Turkic

[klj] 42,107 (2000 WCD). Northeast of Arak in Central Province. Alternate names: Khalaj.  Dialects: Not a dialect of Azerbaijani, as previously supposed. An independent language distinct from other extant Turkish languages (Doerfer 1971).  Classification: Altaic, Turkic, Southern, Azerbaijani 

Khorasani Turkish

[kmz] 400,000 (1977 Doerfer). Northeast Iran, in the northern part of Khorasan Province, especially northwest of Mashhad. West dialect in Bojnurd Region; north dialect in Quchan Region (probably the largest), south dialect around Soltanabad near Sabzevar. Alternate names: Quchani.  Dialects: West Quchani (Northwest Quchani), North Quchani (Northeast Quchani), South Quchani. Midway linguistically between Azerbaijani and Turkmen, but not a dialect of either. Oghuz-Uzbek in Uzbekistan is reported to be a dialect.  Classification: Altaic, Turkic, Southern, Turkish 

Qashqa'i

[qxq] 1,500,000 (1997). Southwestern Iran, Fars Province and Southern Kohgiluyeh va Boyerahmad Province. Shiraz, Gachsaran, and Firuzabad are centers. Alternate names: Qashqay, Qashqai, Kashkai.  Dialects: Very close to Azerbaijani.  Classification: Altaic, Turkic, Southern, Azerbaijani 

Turkmen

[tuk] 2,000,000 in Iran (1997). Northeast, mainly in Mazanderan Province, along the Turkmenistan border; important centers are Gonbad-e Kavus and Pahlavi Dezh. Alternate names: Torkomani.  Dialects: Anauli, Khasarli, Nerezim, Nokhurli (Nohur), Chavdur, Esari (Esary), Goklen (Goklan), Salyr, Saryq, Teke (Tekke), Yomud (Yomut), Trukmen.  Classification: Altaic, Turkic, Southern, Turkmenian 

iran %36 is turkish people

and more info about http://www.gamoh.org/index.php

http://www.tebrizinsesi.com/

http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 06:38

If  I am not wrong persian population was 33% of population. Something is weird?

merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 06:40

persian populatian %61 if  you search a source look this

http://www.ethnologue.com/country_index.asp

http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 06:48
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 08:11

What does Turkic mean? People who speak a Turkish tongue as a mother language?

And ther eis no such thing as South Azerbaijan.  There is only Eastern Azarbaijan and Western Azarbaijan and the new Republic of Azarbaijan.

Edited by Zagros
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 11:26

What does Persian mean? Let me guess. People who speak Persian tongue as mother language...

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 11:43
No, my dad speaks Persian as a mother tongue but he is ethnic Fayli Kurd.
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 21:41
Originally posted by Zagros

And ther eis no such thing as South Azerbaijan.  There is only Eastern Azarbaijan and Western Azarbaijan and the new Republic of Azarbaijan.

A Fenerbahce soccer player is not considered to be Fenerbahce player before he scopres against Galatasaray.

Imagine, whom we consider Turkic after he scores someone... uber mench... 

AydoluAtsiz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 01:22

Zagros i think what is meant by south azerbaijan is not the provinces in iran but the dialect. there are two main dialects of azeri as far as i know. northern, which is spoken in azerbaijan proper and southern which is spoken in northern iran (western and eastern azerbaijan) these two, northern and southern, then sub divide into regional sub dialects. Southern:

inanlu, karapapak, tabriz, afshar, shahsavan, moqaddam, baharlu, nafar, qaragozlu, pishagchi, bayat, qajar

Northern:

quba, derband, baku, shamakhi, salyan, lenkaran, qazakh (the name of this one kinda puzzles me. cause it doenst mean the kazak language. maybe someone from the area can clarify this), airym, borcala, terekeme, qyzylbash, nukha, zaqatala, qabala, yerevan, nackhchivan, ordubad, ganja shusha, karapapak.

Edited by AydoluAtsiz
Trk duygusu her Trkye en tatl kmzdr;
Trk lks candan da aziz bayramzdr...
Darbeyle gnllerde yatan lk silinmez!
Atsz yere dmekle bu bayrak yere inmez!...
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2005 at 11:50

You're right Aydolu Atsiz; what Merced referred when he talked about Southern Azerbaican was Iranaian Azerbaican (Ardebil, Eastern Azerbaican, Western Azerbaican, Urmiye or sometimes Urumiye) which is located south of the COUNTRY Azerbaican.

In Ghazvin and Hamedan (neighbors of Iranian Azerbaican), we've got a lof of Azeris living there also... take care.

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Janissary View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2005 at 00:25
Thank u for helping me to try to make Persians accept that there more than 25 millon Azerbaijan Turkish in Iran now
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2005 at 08:03

Your information is flawed and contorted, the figure is more like 16m and decreasing, mainly because they are moving to Persian areas and losing their language, aside from their language there is no real difference.

Janissary View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2005 at 18:02

There are many differences, and The main Is Blood. I think there is difference between Aryan and Turkish blood 

And if they were same, we were not be argued in every discussion

And remember, the fact is there is 28 million Azerbaijan Turks in Iran!!!

May be some of them mixed with Persians, but not more that 2-3 million

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2005 at 19:41

Please show where you get your figures, CIA says Azaris are 24% (+ Turkoman 2% = 26%) total of 18 million Turkic. 

Aryan Khadem View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2005 at 01:14
And Iranian Azeri's the true Azeris' are actually Iranians even the name is driven from Farsi.... No Azeri's will ever (no offence to turks) call themselves Turks......
Life is beautiful but I am darker then Life.

Iran Aziz Janam Fadayt

ShahanShah
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2005 at 01:21

I think our Azerbayjani friends can solve your fanatic problem.

Either make a history or become a history.
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2005 at 03:23
Pourya

I don't undestand why you insist so hard in reducing the Azeri population of Iran... what's the deal?
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2005 at 03:30
Barbar I am Azeri, from Tabriz, and tehran..... not even my grandmother who speaks Turkish calls herself a Turk and she is 85 yrs old

Iran Aziz Janam Fadayt

ShahanShah
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2005 at 03:48

By the way before my grandmother moved to Tehran she knew Turkish and spoke Farsi with a Turkish accent, still does, in Turkey they understood her but she spoke differently with more Persian words in her dialect of Turkish....

Remember Turkic peoples are non-turks who speak or adopted Turkish language and are not ethnically Turks.

*This post has earned a spot in the Dungeon*

Edited by Seko

Iran Aziz Janam Fadayt

ShahanShah
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2005 at 04:29

This is a forum, no one will check. Let's see if you are an Azari of Irani.  

You also remember, there are plenty of Azeris who call themselves Turkic rather than Iranian.

Never say terms like " No Azeri's will ever (no offence to turks) call themselves Turks..", as this will upset some of our Azeri friends who think they are Turkic. Anyway, you or your grandmother can't delegate the whole people.

Either make a history or become a history.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>