Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Babylonian Military???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Babylonian Military???
    Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 11:00

1) Has anyone got any idea of which the New Babylonian military organization was like???

2) And if they had any ships?

3) And are there some remarkable generals amongst New Babylonians?

Janissary View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Janissary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 20:39

I do not think they had any generals

But I think the emperor that could built Hang Gardens and could win Assuria and capture Ninevah, Probably he had a normal army to do that, and probably stronger than Assurian and Mannan

Janissary View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Janissary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 20:40

Mayby Nebuchadnezar

I think he was a good general, though i know nothing about him

Janissary View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Janissary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 20:41

o, here is map i found

Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 22:03

But I think the emperor that could built Hang Gardens and could win Assuria and capture Ninevah, Probably he had a normal army to do that, and probably stronger than Assurian and Mannan

The Babylonians could not capture Nineveh by themselves.  As a matter of fact they failed to take it on more than one previous occasion and had difficulty taking other Assyrian cities.  It was the Medes who were able to take most of the strong Assyrian cities and it was with cooperation that both took Nineveh.

Janissary View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Janissary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 22:06
I know, But as I see in those map, they even captured Jerusalem, and had borders with Egypt, and Also, They divided The land of Assuria with edes, and also, there was not very big battles or main between them and Assurian, they mostly fought against the help from Urmiya Lake, from Manna
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 01:06

Ummm, no.  The Babylonians defeated the Assyrians at Qablini before they defeated the Mannaeans.   And then a few months later defeated the Assyrians again near Arrapkha.  The next year the Babylonians defeated the Assyrians at Takrit.

http://www.livius.org/ne-nn/nineveh/nineveh02.html

Janissary View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Janissary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 00:04

ok

I am not really good from Mesopotamia, so I need to learn more, thank u

Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 00:44

Here's a link to a translation of the Fall of Nineveh Chronicle which explains the Babylonian actions against the Assyrians.

http://www.livius.org/ne-nn/nineveh/nineveh02.html

Janissary View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Janissary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 22:41

hm, Interesting, But there is still no information about the Army of Babylon

It says just those king moved there, this king moved here and so on.

Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 05:02

I've only posted the link to show what they did.

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 05:07

Only  Nebuchadrezzar II and his father were a good generals in this era and this an information about the major battle against Egyptions andthe remanents Assyrian.

The Battle of Carchemish was fought between the Egyptian army and the Babylonian army. It was fought at Carchemish about 605 BC.

When the Assyrian capital Ninevah was overrun by the Babylonians in 612 BC, they moved their capital to Harran. When Harran was captured by the Babylonians in 610 BC, the capital was once again moved, this time to Carchemish. Egypt was allied with the Assyrians, and marched in 609 BC to their aid against the Babylonians.

The Egyptian army of Pharaoh Necho II was delayed at Megiddo by the forces of King Josiah of Judah. Josiah was killed and his army was defeated.

The Egyptians were further delayed, so that when they met the full might of the Babylonian army led by Nebuchadrezzar II at Carchemish, the combined Egyptian and Assyrian forces were soundly defeated. Assyria ceased to exist as an independent power, and Egypt retreated and was no longer a significant force in the Middle East.

Edited by Ahmed The Fighter
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Janissary View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Janissary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 21:50
ok, but it still did not give the information about The army
 Post Reply Post Reply