Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kurds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurds
    Posted: 08-Oct-2005 at 14:04
Originally posted by t1mm

There are a lot of Kurds in Armenia. They are called Ezdi though, not sure why. I've seen Ezdi's with blonde hair and blue eyes, it is very common actually. Not slavic blonde, different type.

Armenians get along well with them, although  (in my humble opinion) Kurds are mountain Turks. They are respected for their shepherding skills, best choban's are kurds.

My 2 cents

So over half my extended family are Turks, whoa, thanks for enlightening me. Enough with this tired crap! Kurds are Kurds and have nothing to do with Turks culturally except Islam!  These blond Kurds you talk about made up the bulk of the Sassanid Azatan in western Iran, and I know the type of blond you mean.

Edited by Zagros
Janissary View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Janissary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2005 at 14:09
kurd have no Any Relationship with KURDS, in historically, I am Turkush And i know that
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2005 at 14:16

About the Kurds of Armenia - they are called Yezidi, because they aren't Muslims. They have their own paganistic religion (yezidism).

even in damascus, on the statue of saladin, it says he is a kurd, even the arabs recognised him as a kurd. I bet you can find a turkish etymology for everything. 

He was an ethnic Kurd, but what did he do for the Kurdish nation? He didn't conquer to create some kind of Kurdish empire. 

And about those Kurds of Armenian origin - it is well known that ever since the conquest of Armenia by the seljuks, many Armenians converted to Islam. In certain regions, Kurds were the majority Muslim group, so they became Kurds. In the Ottoman system, only the Christian Armenians were considered Armenians, so the Islamicized Armenians were assimilated by others.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2005 at 14:17

Originally posted by Janissary

kurd have no Any Relationship with KURDS, in historically, I am Turkush And i know that

What do you mean?

Arta: Yezidis are also in Iraqi Kurdistan.

Edited by Zagros
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2005 at 18:59

Kurds are Kurds and have nothing to do with Turks culturally except Islam!  These blond Kurds you talk about made up the bulk of the Sassanid Azatan in western Iran, and I know the type of blond you mean.

Well, Zagros, I think as a mod, you shouldnt respond idiotic and extreme nationalistic claims the same way. Of course Kurds arent related with Turks in origin at all, but we share lots of common things, culturel elements, history etc with them.

And those arent Kurds, but mainly Zazas. Those Zazas are mainly descendent from Kurdicized Armenians who once mixed with Georgians. That's why they have lots of blondes.

Please end this nonsense mountain Turk things. They are boring...

even in damascus, on the statue of saladin, it says he is a kurd, even the arabs recognised him as a kurd. I bet you can find a turkish etymology for everything. 

Sallahaddin was neither a Turk, nor a Kurd. He was a Muslim. His father was Kurd in origin who served Zengi, a Seljuk vizier, as I know.

so the Islamicized Armenians were assimilated by others.

Right.

He was defenitely kurd, this is a proven fact.forget nationalism.

Well, claiming Salahaddin is a national hero for Kurds is as nationalist as this. He was only an Islamic hero. Mameluks were Turkish Kipchak slaves in origin but we dont consider Tuman Bay or Aybeg as Turkish national heros.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 00:27
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Sallahaddin was neither a Turk, nor a Kurd. He was a Muslim. His father was Kurd in origin who served Zengi, a Seljuk vizier, as I know.

Allow me to correct something. The fact that Salahaddin was an Islamic hero does not mean we discredit his origin. If his father was a Kurd, and married a Kurd, Salahaddin will be a kurd. Very simple.

However, I agree that this is not an excuse to include him in the nationalist Kurdish identity, because Im sure he would give no attention to that non-sense.

Yet, Yet! To call him an Arab, as some people tried "the Ba'thist regime of Iraq" or a Turk, as some of the turks here, is the lowest level of arrogance and naiive, where you are trying even to include someone out of your national agenda in your list. Kind of sad too actually.

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123