Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are Japans and Koreans mongoloid or Turanoid or different?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Attila2 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Attila2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are Japans and Koreans mongoloid or Turanoid or different?
    Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 23:06

I have always wondered that thing

Do those people have any connections with the ancestors of the Turks and/or Mongols or do they belong to completely different races???

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 23:20
A Chinese guy once told me of a Chinese myth that the Japanese were once Chinese who migrated to what is now Japan and gained their own identity.  I don't know how true this is though, as for Koreans, I don't know.  I'm guessing Koreans are genetically related to Mongols.  I know that linguistics try to put Korean and Japanese in the Altay group but most linguistics don't accept this.  Right now they're considered isolated languages.  Also, there's a Pan-Turanist governmental party is Japan, I just read an article about it but I forgot where, try to look it up I'm sure you'll find it.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2005 at 01:09
All peoples native to North Asia (for this I mean to exclude Russians who have migrated rather recently) are very close among them genetically, yet linguistically the situation seems much more complex. And it's maybe language, rather than "race" what makes peoples different (though in some cases it may be religion).

Genetic studies do show that Japanese, Koreans, Mongolians and North Chinese are much alike if not virtually the same, yet they speak very diferent languages.

The Turanian thing seems more a transition or mix between Northern Mongoloids and Caucasoids.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2005 at 01:30
N. Chinese and Koreans are very similar, however Japan has the Ainu influence as well.  Overall there's a wide range of phenotypes are very often overlap between the three peoples.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2005 at 03:12
Originally posted by JiNanRen

N. Chinese and Koreans are very similar, however Japan has the Ainu influence as well.  Overall there's a wide range of phenotypes are very often overlap between the three peoples.

I don't have documents/links at hand but I recall well certain documentary on Japanese history and genetic makeup in which Japanese investigators, who expected to find something specifically Japanese in their genetic pool, like maybe some more Polinesian blood or something, acknowledged with some frustration that, while the Ainus and Okinawans were specific groups, the core of Japanese population were virtually identical to North Chinese, Koreans and Mongols.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2005 at 11:02

You have to put Mongoloid Turks of Central Asia to that list also;

Japanese, Koreans, Mongolians and North Chinese  AND Mongoloid Turks of Central Asia.

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2005 at 11:28

Neither Turks of Central Asia nor the original Turks were total Mongoloids at all. They were described as people whose arms, legs were covered with thick hair, dense facial hair and high cheekbones. Some Caucasoid features and some Mongoloid.

Even today, the ethnic structure of Central Asian Turks show that they are a mix of Caucasoid and Mongoloid, not pure Mongoloids. Their Mongoloid admixture change btw %20-%60...

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 08:14

Well, you're talking about Chinese resources. We know that Chinese way of telling history is not that much famous today. Why don't you talk about Russian documents? When they talk about original Turks, they describe them with those kinds of eyes; with a few differences; like for example, Turks' eyes were somehow small and wider with almost smaller eyelids than Mongolian eyes' eyelids; while Mongolian eyes is usually thinner but with larger eyelids than Turks'.

I'd also like to refer to European historians when they talk about Hunes and Secas.

I think I"ve talked about this issue before in Steppes and Central Asia. I know where I live, how my other CA Turks brothers look. We've got people with mixture of Caucaian. But our original ones are all Mongoloid. Mongols were less in number. They couldn't affect all/most/many Turks to look Mongoloid.

By the way, Kyrkizes used to live far in north. Even at the time Turks used to live in Mongolia. How do they look like?

Don't forget to have a look at how Chuvash people and Yakuts look like. Yakuts speak Turkic. And they're very isolated. From long time ago. They also look Mongoloid too. No Chinese influents. No Mongolian infulent. Chuvash is also like Yakut.

Only Turkish and Azeri people (of Turkic community) look Caucauian today. We mostly look like Mongoloid. So, you can't say Turks were Mongoloid just becaue a minority (Turkish and Azeri people) are not so.

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 08:19

I know how myself, my family, my relatives, my friends and the society in which I live look like. I certainly don't think Mongolians had infulence in changing all Turks looks.

And logically ofcourse, in Eastern Asia, almost all people have got those kind of face and eye. Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Mongolians and Turks used to live in close relationship with each other in, close to each other. HOW COME ALL OF THEM ARE MONGOLOID, EXCEPT TURKS?

What I believe is that some Turks have mixed with Caucaids like Russians or Iranains, which resulted in new looks in Turks world.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 09:31
Originally posted by gok_toruk

You have to put Mongoloid Turks of Central Asia to that list also;

Japanese, Koreans, Mongolians and North Chinese  AND Mongoloid Turks of Central Asia.

Probably yes, and Tibetans and the native Siberian populations too. Though there may be some diferences like mixture with Caucasoids or isolated specific features. Can't say with precission.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 15:36
CHINESE

Edited by JiNanRen
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 15:38
Japanese

JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 15:43
KOREAN

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 15:52

[QUOTE=Maju]All peoples native to North Asia (for this I mean to exclude Russians who have migrated rather recently)

I think that you musn't exclude Russians. Originally they belong to a Indoeuropean group (Slovenians), but during the Middlle ages they came to contact with mongolian tribes. Even now we can clearly see the Asian influence and genetic code. Probably the best example is former russain president Boris Yeltzin (eyes, built...). And just look at the people of Syberia, Ukraine... Yes, they have mainly blue eyes and fair hair, but mongolian eyes. And their nation wear is also similar to a Mongolian outfit.

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 19:47
Haha Jinaran,

What you did there was pretty cool and unique.  hehe, comparing the soccer teams.

My conclusion:  I cant tell the difference between the three. 
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 19:53
Originally posted by magdala

Originally posted by Maju

All peoples native to North Asia (for this I mean to exclude Russians who have migrated rather recently)

I think that you musn't exclude Russians. Originally they belong to a Indoeuropean group (Slovenians), but during the Middlle ages they came to contact with mongolian tribes. Even now we can clearly see the Asian influence and genetic code. Probably the best example is former russain president Boris Yeltzin (eyes, built...). And just look at the people of Syberia, Ukraine... Yes, they have mainly blue eyes and fair hair, but mongolian eyes. And their nation wear is also similar to a Mongolian outfit.

Yes but not. Even if some Russians have obviously mixed traits the great majority are clearly caucasians. The mongoloid traits can anyhow be found in lesser grade in most Northern and Eastern European populations, and in greater level among Lapps, that fall nevertheless inside the Caucasian family anyhow.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 20:27
however there are unmistakably Japanese, Chinese, Koreans individuals at least to for me.

for me these Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans are unmistakable

Japanese

Korean

N. Chinese

Attila2 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Attila2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 05:22

hmmm

as far as I see,

the chinese have  smaller heads with large jawbones

the japanese are a bit "siberian" like eskimos 

while the koreans are a bit "turanoid" with their forth coming apple bones

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 05:44
Not really, they all havea  variety of strong jawbones and cheekbones.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 06:15
In my humble opinion they do seem to have some diferent looks but not very marked. You also find that variety among European nations for instance but they're much the same breed and it is anyhow dificult to say if one specific person is British, French or German though, taking the overall population you can pick up some diferences (I'd say that Germans tend to be robustly built, while Britons have a rather more light constitution, for instance - but it is very subjective). 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>