Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turks and Native Americans,sharing the same origins?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turks and Native Americans,sharing the same origins?
    Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 11:48
Maju you pretty much summed up. It seems logical to think, these people must of been highly mobile and smallish groups that were not in contact with each other for some time. At least three went to siberia with one going all the way to the Nth America and as far as we know not leaving a direct mark in siberia. So no clear linear relationship.

• Amazingly these findings has been jumped on as PROOF  by Mormons that Native amricans somehow are descended from Isreal!! Proves many people will intrepet this subject, in so many creative ways.
  • I was on their website tonite and it had all those studies in it, why hadnt i known this yesterday!!
Arfunda, one thing i would be unhappy about,  is people like you not coming in and puting the relevant information on the topics discussed. Though genetics is not a complete answer, it is a important angle that should be tabled for others to read, and your doing such things well.

Great link!! saved it I think it will be very usefull...i am visual minded so i prefer maps/graphs to text any day (i already put in my favourites)

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 19:35
Originally posted by arfunda

It is nice to read your messages Maju. I wondered your profession. You know much about prehistory. I learn much from you.

Thanks the respect is mutual. My profession has nothing to do with anthropology or prehistory (right now I'm working as hydrographic surveyor) but in the last decade I've developed an acute interest for prehistory, specially by the dire need to find out about the context on which my people (Basques) has developed. There are so many weird Spanish/French nationalist theories around that you need to know. Also you can't understand Basque prehistory without the overall European context, somthing that often is forgotten.

Dear Members of the Forum,

Have you ever visited Natinal Georaphic web page? I haven't visited it for a long time till yesterday.

(...)

you may visit the atlas on the web:

https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/atlas.html

Seems cool but for some reason it doesn't work on my browser. I have Macromedia Flash v.7 installed so I don't know why.

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 19:37
Originally posted by Leonidas

Maju you pretty much summed up. It seems logical to think, these people must of been highly mobile and smallish groups that were not in contact with each other for some time. At least three went to siberia with one going all the way to the Nth America and as far as we know not leaving a direct mark in siberia. So no clear linear relationship.

• Amazingly these findings has been jumped on as PROOF  by Mormons that Native amricans somehow are descended from Isreal!! Proves many people will intrepet this subject, in so many creative ways.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Aryan Khadem View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Aryan Khadem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 23:48

American Indians have 2 distict groups but it is also suggested by an Australian scientist that Aboriginal peoples also migrated to the Americas before native American indians, however this is contreversal. Even with the seperation there must be still traces, how can the north Asian and Iranian (I refrain from using Indo-European; mainly because europe is a construct and is ethnocentric as they did not originate in Europe.) Gene be there and not Turkish? The mongolite Gene is North Asian, and Turks are a result of mixing with central asians. This is even more Evident in huns and Turks in the Caucas who changed due to mixing with Caucasians.  

Why do we always come back to Turkish stuff, seriously, people who post things like that act as if Turks are an actually group of people who migrated to every part of the world first then people just moved in, without paying rent because no no no it was Turkish first. Lets be realistic the differences between every human being on this planet is 0.1% approx, we are all the Same, Homo Sapien Sapien..... Just accept we are humans and leave it as that.

Life is beautiful but I am darker then Life.

Iran Aziz Janam Fadayt

ShahanShah
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2005 at 05:51

The Moskow newspaper Izvestia has reported that  in 1998 scientists found a 72% correlation between Native Americans and the central asian Turkic republic of Tuva (with out standing physical similarities too). A university of Arizona found a strong linkage between 19 Native American groups and 15 from Siberia.

Well know Native American clans such as Koman and Yoruk, are exactly the same as some well known Turkic clans.

Words such as 'ata' (father) and 'anne' (mother) are shared by the Cherokee, the word 'yurt' means tent for the Obigwa .

Apparantly the Niagara falls has also has a Turkic link being similar to "ne yaygara" (What a noise).

A group that strongly believe in this link are the Melungeons of Virginia, who live in the area of the Appalchian Mountains.

They claim to have a link via the west through mixing of Native Americans but also from the east. Claiming that they also have a link via Ottoman Turkish slaves cast away on the coast line of the New World. The Turkish government has welcomed such links, Turkish newspapers also say that the name Melungeon comes from the Turkish "malun can" (cursed soul). Records prove that in the Jamestown colony included people like "Mehmet the Turk"

Man on the right is Dr.Brent Kennedy.

He first discovered the Turkic link when he had discoverd an illness in the Melungeon community.

For more info:

Sons of the Conquerors -the rise of the Turkic World

by Hugh Pope       isbn:0-7156-3368-6    (highly recomended)

http://www.melungeon.org/

http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~mtnties/melungeon.html

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2005 at 06:11
We know that Melungeons are possibly descendants of Anatolian Turks. But this can't be associated to Native Americans, as we are talking of two totally  diferent periods of time, sparated by many many milennia. These are two completely diferent peoples and you can't just throw the possible Melungeon-Anatolia and the hypotetic Native American-Siberia connections in the same pot, stir them up and come with a headline that says: Everyone is Turk.

I would like to see the exact findings of those scholars to be able to evaluate their relevancy on my own. A headline or a brief comment saying that there is some undefined 72% correlation is meaningless, as I don't know for instance if the correlation between Swedes and Malaysians is let's say 85.3%. I need a context to be able to evaluate comparatively how meaningful those figures are.

I don't even know what genes or parts of the genome are they talking about. Is it a MtDNA correlation? An Y-chromosome one? An overall correlation? What correlation have Chinese and Iranians? Bushmen and Lapps? I need a much better reference that just a catchy headline.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2005 at 06:22
True. Although how would explain the similarities in language. Such as Koman and Yoruk tribes having same name as Turkic tribes. Ata and Anne this is more than coincedence. Now iam not saying that native americans are Turkish but there is a strong link
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2005 at 07:19
I can't say there's no link at all but so far it is pretty dubious. Isolated words can't give you anyhow a good linguistic perspective. So far, unless much more and better info is given I can only rank your hypothesis as that: an unproven speculation. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12