Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Most grandious titles.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most grandious titles.
    Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 15:19
Originally posted by rider

Attila as the Emperor of Rome??? I thought it was in the style of Scourge fo the God or something liek that? Or maybe you weren't talking about thhat Spartakus?

I was reffering to one of my favourite titles, not Attila.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 16:23

I recall a good one.
During the mexican independence war, the Congress of Chilpancingo offered the tittle of Highness of the Nation to Gen Morelos, he rejected to accept it and instead of that, he adopted the tittle of Servant of the Nation.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 16:29
Originally posted by Spartakus

Originally posted by rider

Attila as the Emperor of Rome??? I thought it was in the style of Scourge fo the God or something liek that? Or maybe you weren't talking about thhat Spartakus?

I was reffering to one of my favourite titles, not Attila.

Oh.. Sorry then. I just misunderstood.

Janissary View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Janissary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 19:47
"I can invade from Sunrise to sunset"-Chengiz Khan
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2005 at 20:03
Lord Protector of England, Oliver Cromwell

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2005 at 13:16

"Sultan Hdvendigr Murat Khan, padishah-i Devlet-i Aliyye-i Ebediyet-i Osmaniyye"

"Sultan (leader of Muslims), servant of God, I. Murat Khan (leader of Turks) of the great, eternal house of the empire of Osmanli."

"Beylerbeyi"- "Lord of lords"

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2005 at 16:38
Beylerbeyi is well styled as I think of it.
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2005 at 16:44

Originally posted by Janissary

"I can invade from Sunrise to sunset"-Chengiz Khan

Sain Bain Nuu.....

I respect Chengis n consider him to be the greatest conqueror so far,but what about night.Couldn't Chengis attack at nighttime.

Seriuosly didn't the mongols ever attack at night.

Jai Badri Vishal
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 14:12

I don't think he meant it that way... I believe he tried to say that he

wouldn't tire even after a day of battles...

Or if your post was a joke, I apologize.

Moustafa Pasha View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Moustafa Pasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2005 at 15:51

Titles of the Osmanli Dynasty

Sovereign of the House of Osman,Sultan of Sultans,Khan of Khans,Padishah,Commander of the faithful and successor of the Prophet of the Lord of the Universe.

Moustafa Pasha View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Moustafa Pasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2005 at 15:54

Timujin gave himself the title of Ghenghis Khan or Ruler of the Universe

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2005 at 10:58
What was the meaning of Genghis Khan? I have forgotten everything about him unfortunately. Was it something like Lord of Lord? Or KHan of Khans? Or Khan of Mongols? I have FORGOTTEN it... too bad.. what was it?
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2005 at 12:34
Originally posted by Decebal

Originally posted by Frederick Roger

Eternal Father

Who can tell me which 20th century european leader was refered to that way in shoolbooks?

That would be either Stalin or Ataturk, I would say.

Actually, it was that lovely baldie Mussolini, who enjoy presenting himself to little young italians as a spiritual father.

El Cid View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote El Cid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2005 at 15:06
My favourite titles are Estrategos Autokrator and Caesar Imperatus Augustus.
The spanish are coming!

Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2005 at 19:39

Louis XIV, the sun king (Le roi soleil). THey are making a great show about the sun king France. You can check it here, English and french are similar enough to allow you to navigate and the clips are really nice.

http://videos.tf1.fr/video/musique/leroisoleil/?trk=15 00

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2005 at 14:39
Ottoman emperor Suleyman I called himself:

Slave of God, powerful with the power of God, deputy of God on earth, obeying the commands of the Qur'an and enforcing them throughout the world, master of all lands, the shadow of God over all nations, Sultan of Sultans in all the lands of Persians and Arabs, the propagator of Sultanic laws, the tenth Sultan of the Ottoman Khans, Sultan, son of Sultan, Suleyman Khan.

and on another occasion:

Slave of God, master of the world, I am Suleyman and my name is read in all the prayers in all the cities of Islam. I am the Shah of Baghdad and Iraq, Caesar of all the lands of Rome, and the Sultan of Egypt. I seized the Hungarian crown and gave it to the least of my slaves.

He called the French King, 'The governor of the province of France', and the Austrian so-called 'emperor' signed an agreement which stated that the Austrian wannabe is the equivalent of an Ottoman vizier.

What humility...

His own people called him 'the lawgiver' and his enemies called him 'the magnificent'.

Edited by Beylerbeyi
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2005 at 09:09
Well, he was kind of magnificent in it lawgiving....
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2005 at 05:13
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

Ottoman emperor Suleyman I called himself:

Slave of God, powerful with the power of God, deputy of God on earth, obeying the commands of the Qur'an and enforcing them throughout the world, master of all lands, the shadow of God over all nations, Sultan of Sultans in all the lands of Persians and Arabs, the propagator of Sultanic laws, the tenth Sultan of the Ottoman Khans, Sultan, son of Sultan, Suleyman Khan.

and on another occasion:

Slave of God, master of the world, I am Suleyman and my name is read in all the prayers in all the cities of Islam. I am the Shah of Baghdad and Iraq, Caesar of all the lands of Rome, and the Sultan of Egypt. I seized the Hungarian crown and gave it to the least of my slaves.

He called the French King, 'The governor of the province of France', and the Austrian so-called 'emperor' signed an agreement which stated that the Austrian wannabe is the equivalent of an Ottoman vizier.

What humility...

His own people called him 'the lawgiver' and his enemies called him 'the magnificent'.

The most arrogant ruler I've ever heard of.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2005 at 12:44
Louis XIV the sun king
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12