Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chahar Aimaq, Descendents of Genghis Khan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chahar Aimaq, Descendents of Genghis Khan
    Posted: 13-Sep-2004 at 07:07

Khodadad Azizi

It is possible that someone in Iran doesn't know the Iranian president but it is impossible that an Iranian doesn't know the Iranian soccer superstar, Khodadad Azizi, someone who scored in the last minutes against Australia to send Iran into the World Cup for the second time in its history, but does anyone also know he is a mongol?!!

demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2004 at 08:38

lol.....that picture made me laugh for some reason... (not for offense but It just happened...)

Perhaps his decendants decided to stay in that area because they were lazy to move back to where they came from...

Grrr..
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2004 at 12:14

Almost everyone in east Khorasan looks like him!

I think the Grand Ayatollah Saanei is also a Mongolian, he is really one of the best Mullahs, read here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/tehran/intervi ews/saanei.html

demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2004 at 12:59
he looks like the asian version of Osama Bin laden
Grrr..
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2004 at 14:29
Isn't Bin Laden an Asian?!
Chono View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Chono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2004 at 16:10
Hey chahars formed only after fall of Yuan. And they had the line of Kubilai, to be exact. Others had other lineages. Although that guy does look like a chahar, but these people can easily be of turkic origin, kypchak, turkmen, kyrgyz...
Evildoer View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Evildoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2004 at 22:31
Bin Laden is half-Syrian (mother) and half-Yemeni (father... or debauched bastard ).
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2004 at 00:01

That's what I heard about Chahar Aimaqs:

Even though Chahar Aimaqs have mongoloid features like Hazaras, there's mutual distrust between them. Chahar Aimaqs lean towards Tajiks.
It made me think that probably Chahar Aimaqs are sunni. So, are they sunni or shiite?

Chono View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Chono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2004 at 05:42
Why are you guys calling those aimaq afghans chahar?
TMPikachu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote TMPikachu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2004 at 13:55

Originally posted by demon

he looks like the asian version of Osama Bin laden

Kerry looks like the white, shaved version of Osama Bin Laden.

SJI Lasallian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote SJI Lasallian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2004 at 06:33

Nice one, Pikachu.

"I adore in all things the will of God in my regard" -- Saint John Baptist De la Salle (final words)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2006 at 04:46
char aimaq are like Hazara but they are sunni predominetly and Hazaras sh*te in majority. Hazara are setteled in villages and Aimaks live a semi nomadic life.

These days Hazaras Aimaks are getting closer despite being sunni and shiite. In the past Aimaks were close to Uzbeks and Turkman.
orda View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote orda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 14:35
wow, i didn't know there mongolian people live in Iran...

Smile
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2006 at 12:54

I've lived in Mashat for more than two years and visited Khodadad Azizi (and his family also, in ceremonies) many times. Not to change the topic, but he's very humble and kind - hearted. Though he's a millionaire, but I've seen in him in 'Kurdi' pants at his father's house!!!

Anyhow, Khodadad Azizi is known to be a Hazara (a Khavari); isn't he? I mean is he a Chahar Aimaq?

Edited by gok_toruk - 12-Nov-2006 at 12:57
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Karakhan View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Karakhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2007 at 23:09
Originally posted by gok_toruk

I've lived in Mashat for more than two years and visited Khodadad Azizi (and his family also, in ceremonies) many times. Not to change the topic, but he's very humble and kind - hearted. Though he's a millionaire, but I've seen in him in 'Kurdi' pants at his father's house!!!

Anyhow, Khodadad Azizi is known to be a Hazara (a Khavari); isn't he? I mean is he a Chahar Aimaq?

That's funny.. else where in this forum I've seen him be called Turkmen, Chahar Aimaq, etc.

Seems most sources point that he is indeed a Hazara.

Does anyone have any good links to the Chahar Aimaq?  I've only recently heard about them.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 05:00

People in Mashat call everybody who's Mongoloid, 'Khavari'; Hazaras, Chahar Aimaqs, Uzbeks, Turkmens. But to Hazaras themselves, they distinguishes themselves into three tribes, I can't remember their names. Also, they know of Sunnite Khavaris (Chahar Aimaqs) who mostly live in Afghanistan.

Now, Cyrus mentioned Khodadad Azizi was a Chahar Aimaq. I asked him if he was sure about this.

Do you know about him?

Edited by gok_toruk - 18-Jan-2007 at 09:28
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
 Post Reply Post Reply