Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iran and the chance of adopting a latin a

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iran and the chance of adopting a latin a
    Posted: 27-Sep-2005 at 23:48
Or a one configured like it, even Greek. What do Iranian members here think about this? Not implying anything, just wanted to know the feeling around it since Iranian is related to the IE groups.
Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Iranban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 04:10

I'm not sure.

I think if we ever are to change it, then we might aswell change it to an Iranian one:

I like this one posted by Cyrus earlier:

The Avestan Alphabet (with 14 vowels and 33 consonants is one of the most complete ones in the world)

Vowels:

Consonants:

Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 04:10
i would like a latin alphabet, i know how to use it fully, and think it would be good in the persian language, it'll be just like it is for the turk it think.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 13:43

The script used in Iran is derived from Sassanid Middle Persian which is derived from Phoenecian and the Avestan looks similar.  There has never been a script invented by Iranians as far as I know.

Personally I prefer it as it is rather than converted to Latin based.

Post Reply Post Reply