Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tibetan and han are brothers....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tubo View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tibetan and han are brothers....
    Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 02:30

http://english.people.com.cn/english/200011/22/eng20001122_5 5867.html

excerpts:

Han and Tibetan People of Same Origin: Research

A latest research on Man's chromosome Y further proved an earlier theory that China's modern Han and Tibetan people are of the same origin.

More than ten scientists, both Chinese and foreign, from Fudan University, Yunnan University, Harvard, Stanford and some others took part in the research. Through a comparison of the chromosome Y of Hans in 22 Chinese cities and provinces with that of Tibetans in Yunnan, Tibet and Qinghai they found that the two ethnic people share the same special chromosome Y, a type rarely detected on other peoples throughout the world.

At the beginning of the 80s, scientists found out that modern Han and Tibetan people were much similar in inheriting features as blood type, protein and so on. Basing themselves on this, they conclude that there must be the same ancestry the two ethnic nationalities have come to share.

Linguistic studies also give their support to the theory. Linguists found out quite early Chinese and Tibetan languages bear much similarity in vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation, hence the Sino-Tibetan, world second language family containing 360 different languages and further divided into Chinese and Tibetan-Burmese branches used by most ethnic minorities in Tibet and Yunnan Province.

This, in a view of molecular genetics, has proved the fact that modern Han and Tibetan people are of the same origin providing direct evidence to earlier theory, experts said.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

what next?koreans look are more similar to chinese han than tibetan.i mean seriously how the heck can the communist scientists expect us to believe it?

who did they check for the DNA?not the khambas or amdowas for sure...maybe some bhepas from lhasa as they look kinda similar to chinese.

please fell free to add to the discussion.

poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 03:49
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 05:21
Actually Tibetan and Chinese are closely related languages. It's thought that Tibeto-Burmese emigrated from what's now Northern China long ago. To be related doesn't mean that you can't hate each other, just look at Croats and Serbs or Hebrews and Palestinians. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 08:29

Well they are both in the 'mongoloid' race. OTher than that i doubt that there is any other link. genetically or culturally.

WHich is why i hope for a free Tibet, East Turkistan, Inner Mongolia and Taiwan

yan. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote yan. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 11:49

Is that Northern Han or Southern Han

What's up with all that genetics-based nationalism and regionalism in the PRC anyway? Is it about trying to construct a chinese race, because a chinese people isn't good enough anymore?

Edited by yan.
great_hunnic_empire View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote great_hunnic_empire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 12:24

yan

can i ask you something?where are you originally from?

The land that my horse has rode on, there shall not be a grass againAtilla the Hun
p2.forumforfree.com/turan.html
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 12:29

Considering the growth of power in China, the very fate of Taiwan is bleak, freedom for those lands is just about hopless, none in the world will dare say a word, should they notice ofcourse.
yan. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote yan. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 12:30
Originally posted by great_hunnic_empire

yan

can i ask you something?where are you originally from?

look at the flag
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 14:14
Hilarious! "More than ten scientists". Pure Hilarity!
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 15:04
Who cares about race?  Just face it we are all Africans!!
tubo View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote tubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 15:40

"Who cares about race?  Just face it we are all Africans!! "

Absolutely correct.we are all descendents of africans but that doesnt give license to conquer and kill your supposed "brothers" eh?despots of ROC are equivalent to imperial japan for their brutality and racism...look at how they treat taiwanese hans and imagine what happens to oridinary Tibs or Ughirs.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 17:48
Originally posted by yan.

Is that Northern Han or Southern Han

Northern Han, at least linguistically (as Chinese language is original from the North). Southern Han are assimilated SE Asians and they actually belong to another major branch of the human genetical tree (Eurasians are divided basically in Caucasians, North Asians and SE Asians, all peoples of Oceania included - appearences delude).

Anyhow, I'd like to see what gene are they talking about, because while the linguistic connection is well known, it's also well known that North Chinese are basically the same as Mongolians, Koreans and Japanese, when we speak genetics. And a single Y-chromosome marker won't make any huge difference because Y-chromosome and Mithocondrial DNA are only transmitted though pure masculine or femenine lineages, which are just a very minor part of our genealogical trees (in the limit, tending to zero relevance). So Y-chromosome lineage when talking of 100 generations (about 2000 years, more or less, depending on how young they bear children) represents only 1%, when talking of 1000 generation (c. 20,000 years) is just 0.1% of the whole tree (in a very small original population much more subject to the caprices of randmness) - while the first still may have some statistical relevance (but there are better ways to find out for sure), the second doesn't, I understand.

Just imagine the case of some Spanish conqueror who mated with a Carib native in 1500. His son, a "mestizo", married another native woman in 1525 and had another son, who married another native in 1550, etc... his modern descendant, will still have Western European Hg1 haplotype but 95% or more of his actual genome will be Native American. This is, of course an exagerated example but, anyhow, is ilustrative, I believe.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 19:11
Originally posted by OSMANLI

Well they are both in the 'mongoloid' race. OTher than that i doubt that there is any other link. genetically or culturally.

Taiwan is 99% Han, Tibet may get independence, but lacks the will to do so (apart from the Dala Lama and other overseas Tibetans, the Tibetans who live in Tibet have little incentive to get independence).  East Turkestan has the will, but lacks the power (too many Chinese military bases and attention).  Inner Mongolia is as Chinese as New England is Anglo-Saxon - take a look around and you hardly find any pure Mongols.  From a historical point of view, Mongols were relative newcomers to what is now Inner Mongolia, much later than the Hans (circa 500 B.C), Xiongnu (circa 200 B.C.), Xianbei (circa 400 A.D.), Khitans (circa 900 A.D.), and Jurchens (circa 1100 A.D.)

I think the any effort to "scientifically" further political agendas is very pathetic and counter to the true nature of science.  Tibetans and Hans are two different ethnic groups with two different cultures, histories, and languages.

I am very sympathetic to the feelings and anger of overseas outcasted Tibetans and Ugyhurs, but independence is far far from reality.

But the existence of two separate and different ethnic groups does not preclude the existence and possible harmony of a country that includes both ethnicities.

However, I must say I am very vexed at Turk forumers constantly and relentlessly prodding for independence against other countries: I am going start a thread requesting for Turkey to return Western Anatolia to Greece if this trend continues.

I would love to have Ishan back, for he is one Turkic forumer who is a true scholar and not ingrained in the constant feuding initiated by the others.

Edited by poirot
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Post Reply Post Reply